onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

search or scan

geoff1

interesting to see the gestapo operating as stewards at vale park. why should they search pensioners for weapons etc? noticed to three stewards standing under the sign saying no covered up faces allowed in the stadium , especially as these three had scarfs hiding their faces. do the directors get stopped and searched ? I can understand them checking suspect bags, yobs etc, but when I asked one of them what they were searching for-he couldn't answer.

Advert

They are usually pleasant but I've been searched on my way into the Railway Paddock - but not at every home game. Maybe one match in every five or so. But it does occur.

For your information, I now qualify for reduced admission as I'm in my sixties, often on my own and carry no bags or belongings apart from some cash and my ticket. But I guess they feel obliged to search every one in half or dozen to justify their status. It always strikes me as ridiculous. One fella was told he could not take in his flask a few months ago but there was a heated discussion when he said that he needed it for his medication/tablets at half time. He was a lot older than me and in his late seventies. Common sense, eh?

56 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Us old 'uns don't get searched at the Lorne Street turnstiles. I'm not sure though what criteria they use to search or not to search. 

I always like the story which radio presenter Danny Baker tells on this subject.

At some Millwall away game Baker got stopped and searched at the turnstiles before being allowed in.

Baker’s elderly father was next, only for the steward to say “through you go pop” without being searched. Baker snr. took exception to this and demanded to be searched ! 

You can’t please everyone can you ? 

I am glad they have started searching people. I would rother be searched then go with my kids and some <ovf censored> start chucking flares or fireworks about. I am 37 blind  and still get a patdown and so does my wife. If one of you got hert then you would be saying that they should be searching people. Stop being such old moaners! It takes 30 seks for a pat down. I haven't bin touched like that in a car park like that for years now! lol

This seems to come up in a thread every few months or so. Never had an issue with it myself, get searched at most away games & majority of home too, happy to volunteer for it & given my attitude, they're always friendly. Should be no issue with them doing it constantly to all kinds of people, better off searching/scanning thousands every game, rather than a single incident occur at any football match & result in an injury/loss of life/whatever.

Also guarantee that the day somebody gets hit by a flare or similar, everyone will be asking where the search was. I was inches away from one at the Stoke game last year, so I'd much prefer they check as many people as possible, & thoroughly too.

Last time I was searched was at Man City. I was shown into a queue by the steward, only to find out it was the one to get a lady searcher! I'm over six foot tall and look like Frankenstein's assistant so there was no way I could have been mistaken for a woman! She laughingly guided me into the right queue. Pity...........🙂

17 hours ago, geoff1 said:

interesting to see the gestapo operating as stewards at vale park. why should they search pensioners for weapons etc? noticed to three stewards standing under the sign saying no covered up faces allowed in the stadium , especially as these three had scarfs hiding their faces. do the directors get stopped and searched ? I can understand them checking suspect bags, yobs etc, but when I asked one of them what they were searching for-he couldn't answer.

How do you spot a yob ?

Short hair, clothing ? Just interested in the logic of that . 

Not at all mate , wearing a Stone Island or CP Company or whatever doesn't mean yob. 

I'd love to see a Court case where somebody was refused entry to a football match based on the clothes they wore .

I'm not being an ass hole but you literally can't spot a yob. 

How do you spot a paedo ? Glasses and beard is the stereotype for that according to some stand ups I've watched . 

Dangerous territory to be assuming things of people based on looks 

Not at all mate , wearing a Stone Island or CP Company or whatever doesn't mean yob. 
I'd love to see a Court case where somebody was refused entry to a football match based on the clothes they wore .
How do you spot a paedo ? Glasses and beard is the stereotype for that according to some stand ups I've watched . 

I was only joking.

In all serious though if you have a skin head you are clearly are you.

I remember Lewis Hamilton getting refused entry at Wimbledon for clothing. He’s clearly a yob.

Archived