Potentially a massive crowd close to 10k if both teams are still flying ?

Crewe don't exactly travel well away (just about managed 800 at Walsall apparently) but surely they will bring a few if they continue the form they are in.

Next few games will be tough but if we can keep the momentum going and hang in the top six or close to it then I don't see why we can't hit another massive attendance like the burton +Northampton games many seasons ago.

This is THE fixture when the club should be looking to market the game in an appealing way that will have a SIGNIFICANT increase in attendance.......rather akin to the  Burton game in 2013.

Results in the next month will dictate if this game will be 'attractive' to the more casual (or lapsed) supporter

Why not advertise the match as a 'BYCARS BLOCKBUSTER'.....say all tickets £10 if purchased by mid March.....fill that stand and make it raucous......the seats would largely be empty otherwise......take a bit of a gamble.....fill the place....generate some atmosphere.....and hopefully.....if things are still on track.....they'll be back for the final 2 home games.....

We've got to get a new breed of followers up to Burslem somehow.....throw a sprat to catch a mackerel......

• Like 9

This is THE fixture when the club should be looking to market the game in an appealing way that will have a SIGNIFICANT increase in attendance.......rather akin to the  Burton game in 2013.
Results in the next month will dictate if this game will be 'attractive' to the more casual (or lapsed) supporter
Why not advertise the match as a 'BYCARS BLOCKBUSTER'.....say all tickets £10 if purchased by mid March.....fill that stand and make it raucous......the seats would largely be empty otherwise......take a bit of a gamble.....fill the place....generate some atmosphere.....and hopefully.....if things are still on track.....they'll be back for the final 2 home games.....
We've got to get a new breed of followers up to Burslem somehow.....throw a sprat to catch a mackerel......
Send your ideas to Carol

Bit premature yet, quite a lot of games between then including Cheltenham and Bradford. 

But yes you are right ' if ' .

Trainspotters might actually fetch over 1200 that is a miracle in itself.

Edited by darren1810
spelling

I was going to say the same...£20 knock a couple of quid off. Get 10k+.
From an income and crowd point of view, this fixture sells itself. No need to promote it extensively.

What I would suggest is offer people who come to the Crwho game an incentive to come to the next - like £10 off admission prices. Offer STHs an incentive as well, free pie and a pint or similar.
  • Like 2

Crewe will have a large attendance regardless if we are flying and they manage to bring a few for a change.

I would be looking to do a deal on the Newport game though as that could be a huge game.

15 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

From an income and crowd point of view, this fixture sells itself. No need to promote it extensively.

What I would suggest is offer people who come to the Crwho game an incentive to come to the next - like £10 off admission prices. Offer STHs an incentive as well, free pie and a pint or similar.

Why not make it even bigger? Better to promote it a crazy amount & try to hit 10K+, rather than try & get an extra few hundred at another average home game with little interest. If we're doing really well, the fans will turn up for the regular games anyway.

This game could be a huge opportunity.

Not all about just the gate money on the day. I already have 2 confirmed people coming with us for their first ever game. If some others can be reeled in by an offer & we give Crewe a pasting, they could be lasting fans, giving extra funds through merch in future/kiosks on match days.

Anyway, I have enough faith in our owners that we could take a minor hit on some up front money in a single game. In the long run I very much doubt they're going to run us that badly that we'll be consistently losing money.

14 hours ago, Kevin The Valiant said:

Much depends on where we are nearer to the game, but in essence this is a great idea. 👍

If we keep winning we've got to be looking at 5 figures for this surely. 

2 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If we got 10 thousand the official gate would still be 7 and a half 

Why?

12 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Swindon’s following 850 meaning Hamil end less than 25 per cent full——really 

Yes really.  It was the second highest away following that weekend.

Edited by Jacko51

I think the problem with the Port Vale away fixture is that a lot of families are put off by the threat of violence and don’t want their kids exposed to that sort of thing. It’s a shame really, but it’s not a hospitable ground to visit on derby day. I wish things were different. I would expect us to bring at least 1,500 though.

• Like 3