Jacko51

Salford at Wembley

After Ryan Innis put his penalty over the bar in the shoot out.  187 of their fans there to see it!  Pleased for Chris Neal but not for the rest of them!!

• Like 2

I’m sure Gary Neville will lap up the press coverage for their vanity project and enjoy the Wembley hospitality whilst throwing absurd comments around about how Man City have cheated with their abuse of FFP. 

Edited by davehartshill
  • Like 3

Such a shame it is Pompey or there would of possibly been a record low crowd .

Horrible little club, will justify O'Connor and Wilson going there for pieces of silver.

Crap club, sooner they're out the league the better.

Infuriates me seeing Bury essentially replaced in the league with *that*

Salford went up via National League Play off Final at Wembley and sold just 3000 tickets. It's a pity a club the size of Portsmouth got there else the crowd would have been embarrassing

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Crap club, sooner they're out the league the better.

Infuriates me seeing Bury essentially replaced in the league with *that*

Said something similar on here a few months ago,  when Neville was reflecting about the demise of Bury and the family connection that he has with them. I said that it's a pity that he and his rich chums couldn't have put their money in to a proper club like Bury, instead of a pointless egotistical, play thing that has zero potential and serves only to entertain a bunch of rich boys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have the "Directors" actually watched Salford play this season? It would not surprise me if they all turn up at Wembley to see the team for their first match.

I dont get the vitriol for Salford.  They have been kicking around non league football since 1940.  They are a proper club just like Kidsgrove, Leek, Stafford Rangers etc...  They got lucky when the rich guys decided to propel them forward with investment and yes they are poorly supported, just like Accrington, Bury, Morcombe, etc....

They have every right to be where they are, they haven't done an MK Don's and stolen another clubs identity and league position, they have worked there way through the pyramid.  There is no FPP in the conference to my knowledge and I dare say alot of the clubs are being propped up by owners.  It's purely down to the fact its ex Man Utd players who are involved isnt it.

It's no different to the Arabs, Russians and Americans pumping money in higher up.

Bournemouth went from administration to the Premier League off the back of Russian money and yet we herald Eddie Howes Bournemouth as a shining light...

Seems we would rather have Saudi Arabians sportswashing there reputation, Russian oligarchs cleaning cash and US Billionaires leveraging buyouts than some ex Man Utd players putting money into a club that has a meaning to them, I.e. it's in Salford, a hotbed for Man Utd fans.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I dont get the vitriol for Salford.  They have been kicking around non league football since 1940.  They are a proper club just like Kidsgrove, Leek, Stafford Rangers etc...  They got lucky when the rich guys decided to propel them forward with investment and yes they are poorly supported, just like Accrington, Bury, Morcombe, etc....

They have every right to be where they are, they haven't done an MK Don's and stolen another clubs identity and league position, they have worked there way through the pyramid.  There is no FPP in the conference to my knowledge and I dare say alot of the clubs are being propped up by owners.  It's purely down to the fact its ex Man Utd players who are involved isnt it.

It's no different to the Arabs, Russians and Americans pumping money in higher up.

Bournemouth went from administration to the Premier League off the back of Russian money and yet we herald Eddie Howes Bournemouth as a shining light...

Seems we would rather have Saudi Arabians sportswashing there reputation, Russian oligarchs cleaning cash and US Billionaires leveraging buyouts than some ex Man Utd players putting money into a club that has a meaning to them, I.e. it's in Salford, a hotbed for Man Utd fans.

Not at all. I hate the PL with a passion & they're all just as bad as each other. Can't stand any of the top leagues in Europe really. Yes, I'll watch them on TV or go from time to time as I'm a die-hard football fan as well as a Vale fan, & I'll watch any game I can get my hands on, but I'm still against so many aspects of modern football & this is definitely one of them.

In an ideal world, all clubs would be run by local business people who ensure they are sustainable & don't pump in masses of money, risking the long-term future of their club for a bit of short-term success. That way, when success finally does come in your own club's direction, it would be something worth celebrating, rather than seeing teams buying their way to the top & losing a lot of credit in the process. Only have to look at the ridicule Man City are getting by the majority of fans currently to see how people feel about them.

Obviously I'm a realistic person & sustainability is never going to happen at this point...but just because there aren't FFP rules in place outside the EFL, & the top teams find loopholes in the laws of the game anyway, doesn't mean it's okay.

On 20/02/2020 at 12:33, Old fort said:

Said something similar on here a few months ago,  when Neville was reflecting about the demise of Bury and the family connection that he has with them. I said that it's a pity that he and his rich chums couldn't have put their money in to a proper club like Bury, instead of a pointless egotistical, play thing that has zero potential and serves only to entertain a bunch of rich boys. 

That’s partly the point. The rich lads can do what they want with Salford. Few would care, they are just grateful. 

If they bought out Bury they would have the weight of the fan base giving them grief. 

Salford would have lower expectations and less politics than a big old club people care about. 

It would be the same if Robbie bought Vale. He’d have to keep pumping the money in or people would soon start the “Williams is a winker chants” “Where’s the money gone, Robbie” or possibly if things got really bad, ironic chants like “I’m loving Smurfwaite instead” to the tune of angels. 

Doesn’t hold much appeal for him really....