onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Monty on Radio Stoke

JohnJames

What an awesome interview with Monty tonight about mental health. Total respect for the guy.

However to all you big mouthed moaning half wits who think it’s OK to bully our own players by hurling abuse at them. I would suggest that you need help. So shut the f up and get some counselling.

Advert

49 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

What an awesome interview with Monty tonight about mental health. Total respect for the guy.

However to all you big mouthed moaning half wits who think it’s OK to bully our own players by hurling abuse at them. I would suggest that you need help. So shut the f up and get some counselling.

Couldn’t agree more. 

Totally agree... the only people that wouldn’t are the idiots that love to give our players vitriolic abuse.

Im not talking about complaining about a players performance... I’m talking about shouting abuse at them... or dedicating your life to writing post after post after post after post attacking a player who is just doing his best for the club... you know who you are! 

This may be controversial and I don't mean to be dismissive,there is a lot of publicity at the moment from so called "Celebrities" talking about depression and almost "Glorifying" the illness for self publicity.

When someone comes along like Monty who talks from the heart with genuine passion and understanding of the illness I listen,and I listen because of the humility he speaks with,his interview was so powerful,I concur with those posters who say the personal attacks on players is unacceptable,none of us know what they are battling,it could be depression,it could be illness,it could be an injury they are being asked to play through for the team,the missus could be playing away, they could have been caught playing away ! what ever the problem it's not acceptable to say they are cheating robbing a wage etc.

I had a plumber once who slaughtered a Vale player I liked,when he'd gone I noticed a leak from a pipe he had fitted and he had to come back the next day,I was tempted to say something but thought theres no need knocking.

Well done Monty,top man top player.

I have said countless times, I would love the family of 4 who hurled abuse incessantly at David Amoo at Mansfield away for over an hour (no exagerration) to come forward and explain themselves. If they weren't shouting something at him, they were having a right old chortle amongst themselves about how bad he was! Isn't that clever?! Never mind him setting up the goal, he's just a (quote) "typical black winger".

Amoo heard it and it was obvious he wasn't enjoying.

The abuse Montano got prior to his switch to left back has been replaced by abuse of Bennett, Amoo, and via social media, Ryan Lloyd.

For those not on Twitter, any slight hint of Ryan Lloyd from the Vale yields a barrage of thick, inconsequential 'lads' stumbling over each other to type 'ffs he's useless', 'I'm better than him, he's pony, isn't that right @bigbaz1973'. It makes stick of him on here look complimentary by comparison.

I've never had issues with criticism of poor performances after a game is finished; its perfectly justified if a player isn't earning their wage.

However, some elements of our fanbase, usually a bit older and lacking intelligence, who take pride and seem to get aroused by belittling and wearing down the mental state of our more temperamental players, are an absolute blight on our club and I relish the day they cease to attend anymore. I'd happily see lower attendances if these clowns stopped coming and spent their day somewhere else.

I'm aware you get moaners in all walks of life but its a real special breed up Vale.

Get them gone. Sick of them. Weirdos. Credit to Monty for being honest and open about his struggles.

Montano hasn't always been a favourite of mine but you also have to remember that this is someone who is born in Columbia and came to England as a little kid. He's clearly not had it easy to say the least, but he's kept at it, and hopefully he will reap the rewards of this by being part of a successful Port Vale team going into the near future. 

And for the record he has slowly changed my opinion of him. He's very much hit and miss (as the case with most League Two players) but now he can play in a couple of positions he's very much a part of this squad. In season's gone by I was always admittedly surprised when he wasn't released. All credit to him.

47 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Montano hasn't always been a favourite of mine but you also have to remember that this is someone who is born in Columbia and came to England as a little kid. He's clearly not had it easy to say the least, but he's kept at it, and hopefully he will reap the rewards of this by being part of a successful Port Vale team going into the near future. 

And for the record he has slowly changed my opinion of him. He's very much hit and miss (as the case with most League Two players) but now he can play in a couple of positions he's very much a part of this squad. In season's gone by I was always admittedly surprised when he wasn't released. All credit to him.

In my view he has been excellent in every game since Boxing Day, when he made a mistake to lead to Maynard's goal.

He's developed a degree of consistency and robustness which when combined with his verstatility make him a key part of our squad moving forward.

He also always seem very animated when we win, which is very little, but still a nice touch.

Archived