onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

23 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You say "as well".  So if they were both grappling, why did Walsall get the free kick?  It looked to me like Pope was trying to escape from the defender's grapple rather than committing a foul himself.

The ref must have thought it was Pope doing it to the Walsall player.  Watching it again and both were trying to get the ball and pulling each other.  Again is it Pope being looked at by refs as a player that only does this sort of thing and defenders are angles and never tug him, pull him down and never put their arms around him?  😉

Advert

Defenders like goalies get a lot of protection in the modern game. That said I think we'd have all been royally pissed off had it been Smith, Legge or Brisley at the other end on their striker and a penalty given?

I'm not saying Pope wasn't fouled but you rarely see that sort of challenge punished with a penalty. Maybe it's not right but as long as officials are consistent(they aren't always as we know🙄), it's something I guess. 

On 23/02/2020 at 17:01, PV1973 said:

Absolutely crazy, they didn’t give a <ovf censored> about the kids or women around. I don’t get why fans want to have a go at each other. 

Its amazing how many people see things like this and have phones with cameras - Surely if everyone with a phone took a photo and sent them to Carol  it would help stop this. 

I heard the commotion coming from the back of the stand but didn’t know what had happened, until I spoke to someone in the coach in our return home. Sounds like some scum that need eradicating, from our club. These are the sort that increase our policing bill, which means money diverted away from out first team budget. It seems as though there was some ineffective stewarding/ policing, as they weren’t ejected from the ground. If they have been put into another area and have then gone into assault a Vale fan then the police should be involved and the individuals responsible taking through them criminal justice system.

I’d like to think that C&K would invite the innocent victims to the ground and offer them some corporate hospitality as a way of saying, sorry. 
If we don’t know who tickets have been sold to them this is something that as a club we need to be doing. In EPL grounds they know who should be sitting where as it’s recorded when tickets are sold, I welcome this course of action at PVFC, where there is a sell out. If the person who buys the ticket passes it on then they are held responsible and are in turn punished themselves. For those of you who say that this is a step too far, it could be you that this scum stands in front of next time

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I stood up throughout the game.  I was in the back row and it was virtually impossible to sit down comfortably in those cramped seats.  I wasn't obscuring anyone's view and would have sat down if a steward had asked me to but none of them did.

A lot of the hooligan element used that excuse 👊

On 23/02/2020 at 16:35, PVFCSVA said:

Unfortunately this wasn't the case in the first half to the right of the goal. A few families walked out with children in tears due to a group of idiots who wouldn't sit down getting almost physical with a man who had asked them to. This happened until the stewards finally came to sort it out and remove some of said idiots. 

on the other side of the goal there was a group of morons f-ing and blinding all the match. families with kids in front of them, surely it is the job of the stewards (who were standing with two police officers nearby) should do their jobs and sort them out, we are trying to encourage a new generation of vale fans , go join the lardies if you want to act like that. thank you.

People swearing in earshot of women and children is not acceptable.Standing at a football match ,when you’ve paid for a seat,I find is stupid aswell as ignorant.Not everyone can stand for 2 hours.A bit of respect is needed for others trying to watch their team.BTW ,there is a reason why seats are put in grounds.

21 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Totally agree mate it’s football not hockey  if everybody was like some of these fans that moan about swearing or standing up there would no atmosphere at all at matches 

I have never known anyone who can’t sing when sitting.

Archived