onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thirteen to go !!

Kevin The Valiant

Advert

14 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

A similar situation to 93/94? We went into the final game with 3 points more than Plymouth, the win at Brighton promoted us, and Plymouth won the POs.

Almost

Didnt Plymouth beat someone by a daft score like 8.0 but we still went up due to the points?

I'm sure that deflated them and Burnley won the playoffs despite finishing 6th

Could be wrong!

7 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Almost

Didnt Plymouth beat someone by a daft score like 8.0 but we still went up due to the points?

I'm sure that deflated them and Burnley won the playoffs despite finishing 6th

Could be wrong!

Think it was Stockport that they hammered by about 7

What ever happens this year will be a vast improvement on the past few years. 

A huge thank you goes to our new owners, the staff they have put in place, JA and Co for getting the team in the right frame of minds and winning games they would normally have lost.

Yes it would be magical to get in to the play offs and win them.  A great present for fans and all those involved in the club this year getting into the position it is in.  Most fans would have settled for a mid table and then next season push for the top 7.

Just looking forward to the games left this season and hoping for the PO's like all other fans. 

If we can keep the players on the pitch (lol) and fit you just never know what will happen.  I have a new faith in the players we have and how they are now playing for each other and JA and Co.

Whatever happens from here, for me this season has already outstripped my expectations.
So anything else will be a bonus.
I hope we keep going to the end of the season, and beyond, and will be disappointed if we peter out, but there will be no complaints from me if Tuesday proves to be the high point of the season.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Even if we end up slightly disappointed it's nice knowing we can be optimistic for the summer & next season, rather than just being relieved & then worried again, like under our previous 'leader'...

Disappointment was losing to West Brom in the POs, but it proved we were better than most by getting there, and were promoted the next season. Progress is being made, that is the main thing. 

Its not even Valentines day and we are SAFE !   Who wished for that way back in June ?  Askey may make the odd mistake now and then but I am more than happy with that and for him to make the steady progress required at his pace. He has a sensible head on his shoulders and not prone to mood swings. He has two employers who have their heads screwed on and the three of them are making Vale a happy place to work at. Players are being given time to fit in, and whilst some wont make it, it shouldn't be for the want of trying as Vale are getting better and better every week. If the play offs come about so be it, but this is a great season already and the base has been laid to build something substantial on. Those shouting for instant solutions - I give you Notts County, Chesterfield, Bolton and of course Bury.  Learn from their instant gratification business objectives.

48 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Wherever we find ourselves at the end of this season we can still dare to dream for next, which is the total opposite of the nightmares of the last few seasons.

This is it isn't it, even if we fall short we will go into the summer full of expectation for a real go at it next year and that alone will sell tickets and keep the buzz going.

If we tailed away now we'd still look at the Man City game, the relatively low loss count (we'd have to lose all 13 to equal the losses last season for a start!) and some memorable games in the league so will look back at 2019/20 fondly.

Success feels close.

Archived