onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Exactly what I thought as i listened to him. So cocky when they win but boy oh boy, when they lose.....  Vile man, no class at all, hope we do them again, love to hear him slag us off after a 4th consecutive win against them. I assume that the FA will have him for those comments on Saturday, blimey if Mourinho had said that he would be banned for months. then again, it's Crwho so perhaps they won't, they seem to be able to do whatever they want. remember the fan who ran on and assaulted our goalie, flares every derby, etc.

Mcgarry's commentaries are interesting - screaming, voice quivering when they score ( notice how it is always an incredible goal as well),  that penalty on Saturday,  "it's a penalty" - you could hardly hear him, lol. 

Also, they seem to be succeeding with their"blank it" policy re past events , which is quite incredible how they are being allowed to do that. Vile club.

Mcgarry loves to get carried away while doing his job and often shouts "GOAL!" when it's not, but historically he's actually a bit of a Vale fan. 

I have to agree, Artell is a bit of a prat. He did have a case that we should have had a penalty on Saturday but he could present himself better. And the Porter miss was unbelievable. But these things happen, I was expecting us to be mid table this season so it’s been a pleasant surprise all in all. Will be going to the Macclesfield game on Saturday, as the team I coach have no match. Still lots to play for.

15 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:
2 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Exactly what I thought as i listened to him. So cocky when they win but boy oh boy, when they lose.....  Vile man, no class at all

Artell really is a nasty character.

I had to laugh when he said that the ref only awarded Plymouth's penalty, and didn't give Crewe a penalty, was because it was "easier for him to upset 300 away fans than their, what 5000 fans".........the attendance was over 11000, so even when he's trying put-downs he makes himself look an utter kn0b!

1 hour ago, Old fort said:

Mcgarry loves to get carried away while doing his job and often shouts "GOAL!" when it's not, but historically he's actually a bit of a Vale fan. 

I was absolutely astounded when I first heard McGarry is vale.

Just doesnt sit well at all.

I remember when George Andrew's used to do that on our commentaries.

I remember tuning in once to him going "great chance here for the vale.  Musslewhite to take the free kick......."

What a game, what a performance, what an atmosphere in those conditions every single player was superb the midfield were absolutely awesome they never stopped pressing and chasng and tracking back all game Cullens goals were quality wozzers pass for his first was Beckham esk the control and finish by Cullen was as cool as a cucumber, his 2nd was just perfection. Close to 5000 home fans who made a fantastic atmosphere a shame more didn't take up the offer that was on but never mind you missed a 90 minutes to saver

Rare visit for me. 

2nd goal and as probably metioned by everyone, would have graced the international stage. Ball won in own half. Quick break. Sublime cross from Worrall - as above, KDB would be happy with that. Amazing first touch from Cullen.

Couple of other outstanding moment was Ryan Browne's control in the 2nd half bringing down a high ball with virtually no space, dead, no 2nd touch needed. Incredible skill.

Defensive highlight was the tall Colchester winger starting off against Nathan Smith. Getting nothing. Then going over to Montano. Getting nothing. 

You hit form at the right time and stuff can happen. 

22 hours ago, Phil1965 said:

I have to agree, Artell is a bit of a prat. He did have a case that we should have had a penalty on Saturday but he could present himself better. And the Porter miss was unbelievable. But these things happen, I was expecting us to be mid table this season so it’s been a pleasant surprise all in all. Will be going to the Macclesfield game on Saturday, as the team I coach have no match. Still lots to play for.

There's a very thin dividing line between passion and idiocy. Dave Artell crosses it sometimes; so did Micky Adams when he was here. Doesn't make them bad managers but does make them look like prats.

Archived