onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

5 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Yes, you had to sit a fair way back to avoid being soaked.  Even then the odd gust or change of wind direction resulted in a drenching.

You only had to look at the Unseated part of the Lorne Street Stand to see how wet it gets in there - The tide line covered all but the too highest steps of the concrete. You would have had to sit on those seats right at the back to keep out of the wet. Whoever designed that stand needs to go back to basic design - The roof his far too high and slopes away from the pitch. If the roof sloped lower it would help but its far too late now. 

Advert

5 minutes ago, pensioner said:

You only had to look at the Unseated part of the Lorne Street Stand to see how wet it gets in there - The tide line covered all but the too highest steps of the concrete. You would have had to sit on those seats right at the back to keep out of the wet. Whoever designed that stand needs to go back to basic design - The roof his far too high and slopes away from the pitch. If the roof sloped lower it would help but its far too late now. 

I’m with you, knock it down and build a new one. Just don’t expect a progress report for 20 years.

2 hours ago, pensioner said:

Are you made of sugar? 

10 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Yea. Great to see so many in Bycars again. Gives a boost to the atmosphere as they played their part in joining in the whole ground's appreciation of the display all match. Did they get as wet as us in Lorne Street? Swirling wind/rain kept soaking us all, lol.

I’d love to see the Bycars back to how it was in the 70s and 80s. It was a great atmosphere in there for cup games v Hull City, Burnley, Spurs and Watford and the playoff games v PNE and Bristol Rovers.

10 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

The Colchester win has created euphoria on here and social media in relation to us getting promoted now. Some are even talking about the automatic places. Whilst I encourage us all to ride this crest of a wave and enjoy ourselves during the good period, I just hope doom and gloom doesn’t set in after a loss. A lot of our fan base do seem to be getting very high with a win and very low with a loss. We have been quietly going about our business excellently and without expectation. Let’s just carry on getting behind the lads and see where the remainder of the season takes us. This is in no way intending on being a negative post by the way, I’m chuffed to bits with out recent form.

Yes indeed , you’re quite right. I’m sure that  John Askey has instilled that into the players and the proof is how they have responded since the Swindon game. 
Saturday was a complete performance from the Vale. Excellent to watch . Everyone doing their job. A long way to go , but you know the change is like night and day compared to last season. It’s so nice to see it, for all Vale fans, Carol and Kevin (thank you so much) , and John and Kevin and staff. Not many teams will want to play the Vale after this, but we won’t get too carried away just yet. It’s going to be a very exciting run-in. UTV 

Listened  to P&G on Sunday , as I was working on Saturday. Just my opinion , but Artell really is a nasty character. We had a bad ref during the week as well, but the difference is that John Askey has class, whilst Artell just spits venom all the time. 
Horrible little man. Hope we stuff them and do the double over them. 

Woke up this morning thinking that even in the Micky Adams promotion season we weren't this good.

In terms of skill it's as good as it's been in recent years but the added factor for me is the unity at the club - from the boardroom, through the management and players down to the people in the tea bars. This is something that isn't going to evaporate if we get a bad result between now and the end of the season, as it might have done at one time - I think things are just going to get better and better. 

23 hours ago, robf said:

Yes, he's taken up a new role at Millwall. However, to his credit I saw he had liked multiple tweets about Saturday's win. 

Follow him on Insta & he added a few things to his story about us like usual. He was sitting at home & watched the entire game on iFollow.

3 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Woke up this morning thinking that even in the Micky Adams promotion season we weren't this good.

In terms of skill it's as good as it's been in recent years but the added factor for me is the unity at the club - from the boardroom, through the management and players down to the people in the tea bars. This is something that isn't going to evaporate if we get a bad result between now and the end of the season, as it might have done at one time - I think things are just going to get better and better. 

I agree 100%.

This is what steady, incremental progress looks like.

This is what valuing your staff and building a team looks like.

It's good people doing good things and getting good outcomes.

Just now, SFBT said:

I agree 100%.

This is what steady, incremental progress looks like.

This is what valuing your staff and building a team looks like.

It's good people doing good things at getting good outcomes.

The promo season under Adams was as good as it gets surely? We absolutely annihilated sides at times Burton 7-1, Rotherham 6-2, Fleetwood 5-2, Plymouth 4-0, Bristol Rovers 4-0, Barnet 3-0, Wimbledon 3-0, Accrington 3-0, Oxford 3-0, Wycombe 4-1 to name a few... 

The main difference I would say is this season though is the unity throughout the club and the Man City tie added in, plus we've grown into it so feels as good as we are having to work harder for it I would say!

A lot of similarities in the way we've seemingly bounced back from bad times though (admin, Gannon etc in 2012) and Smurf and close to losing EFL status this.

Saturday was an immense result, Colchester are usually solid and we tore them apart. We are no longer under the radar after that and teams will have taken note... this week has been a statement to the rest.

I felt Saturday with the players missing and quality of the opposition, adding in the weather might be a game too far but again we exceed expectation.

Worrall's ball for the 2nd was world class, if Messi or KDB plays that the press are raving, it was Beckhamesque, he put it on a sixpence for Cullen, right angle, right power and just enough to take out the last defender, you won't see a better goal this season.

We are purring away like a cat at the minute and long may it continue, lets enjoy the high's after suffering countless lows.

Watching the highlights on here reminded me of a comment made at the game on Saturday of how much better we did when we were pressing high in midfield. At time (including the led up to the 1st goal) we were swarming all over them and forcing the errors. The work rate and teamwork was the best I have seen for years.

And it was all bought together in the last 5 minutes when they had a corner. Joyce, Leggy, Smudge and several others were organizing, encouraging and generally working together - all desperate for a clean sheet. Such a turn around from the last few years and Askey and the players deserve a massive pat on the back for where they have got to from such a bad position.

On 16/02/2020 at 11:46, JohnJames said:

Here’s what Quest had to say about us for you non twitterererereereres 

Stealth Vale as we were called - just done it quietly and again seeing those goals were just brilliant.  The pass for the first goal was just magical - begging to be finished off and it was in great fashion.  The players are playing with such confidence and it is great to see.

13 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Listened  to P&G on Sunday , as I was working on Saturday. Just my opinion , but Artell really is a nasty character. We had a bad ref during the week as well, but the difference is that John Askey has class, whilst Artell just spits venom all the time. 
Horrible little man. Hope we stuff them and do the double over them. 

Exactly what I thought as i listened to him. So cocky when they win but boy oh boy, when they lose.....  Vile man, no class at all, hope we do them again, love to hear him slag us off after a 4th consecutive win against them. I assume that the FA will have him for those comments on Saturday, blimey if Mourinho had said that he would be banned for months. then again, it's Crwho so perhaps they won't, they seem to be able to do whatever they want. remember the fan who ran on and assaulted our goalie, flares every derby, etc.

Mcgarry's commentaries are interesting - screaming, voice quivering when they score ( notice how it is always an incredible goal as well),  that penalty on Saturday,  "it's a penalty" - you could hardly hear him, lol. 

Also, they seem to be succeeding with their"blank it" policy re past events , which is quite incredible how they are being allowed to do that. Vile club.

Archived