onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

The energy of the front 5 (front 3 + Conlon and Burgess) are fundamental. The opposition don't have a second before there's some bulldozer in white barrelling towards them with insatiable energy and desire. They're either hoofing it long which Brisley and Legge will gobble up all day long, or they're trying to pass it out and getting caught, as they did for the first.

This is a well-drilled side; it doesn't matter who is playing. Every individual has the same traits; good stamina, mobile, disciplined, and willing to sacrifice for the team. They seem to be getting fitter and more cohesive as the season goes on.

Even if we don't go up, I'm convinced Askey knows what he's doing. He has a stable, long-term contract, the backing of the fans and superb supportive people in the boardroom.

A Macc fan told us that all Askey needs is time. He doesn't even seem to be needing that at present.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale at home said:

Well said Robf.   I do agree .what a Brilliant Game of Football . Every one worked so well together. 10/10. . For them all . Come on the VALE xx  and welcome to Dan. From the press room . He  did did very well x 

Totally agree with you on the media front, I have seen on YouTube and Twitter a number of people have been criticising the Media team yesterday, they all did a very good job considering it was their first time. People berating the poor lad saying it was Sunday league level. How sad can some people get, ripping into the lad on his first proper day.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I never saw that result coming, we’ve gone from only winning back to back games once this season to winning 3 on the bounce, would have taken a point before the game. Difficult to pick a motm, a choice between Conlon, Browne first half, Cullen or Worrall.

noticed there was a lot more in the Bycars which is a good sign imo.

avenge our only home defeat next week and it’s happy days.

Yea. Great to see so many in Bycars again. Gives a boost to the atmosphere as they played their part in joining in the whole ground's appreciation of the display all match. Did they get as wet as us in Lorne Street? Swirling wind/rain kept soaking us all, lol.

52 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Yea. Great to see so many in Bycars again. Gives a boost to the atmosphere as they played their part in joining in the whole ground's appreciation of the display all match. Did they get as wet as us in Lorne Street? Swirling wind/rain kept soaking us all, lol.

Know what you mean, I got a bit wet once in the presidents seats.

1 hour ago, JordB31 said:

Totally agree with you on the media front, I have seen on YouTube and Twitter a number of people have been criticising the Media team yesterday, they all did a very good job considering it was their first time. People berating the poor lad saying it was Sunday league level. How sad can some people get, ripping into the lad on his first proper day.

Unfortunately some of our fans are idiots... Like this genius that posts a picture of an axe every time we dont win calling for Askey to be sacked. Clearly either doesn’t understand football or doing it because he thinks it’s funny. I fear it’s the first.4C4C42E8-8A07-472A-A0E9-482080923D08.thumb.jpeg.ece02cf997ebc370fa8bcc572521a84f.jpeg

1 hour ago, JordB31 said:

Its because Paige, who did the graphics, didn't leave any of the graphics for team line ups, goalscorers etc as its her own personal work for her creative portfolio which she has taken to her new club.

We've got a new intern in from Staffs Uni who will have the graphics ready for next week.

The reaction of some specimens was laughable. Weirdos.

5 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I thought Browne was outstanding yesterday. I can’t think of a time he let his man get the better of him, making several good blocks. Linked up great with Cullen and Monty. If only he hadn’t have skied that one on one. I like Amoo, but you can’t drop Browne after that performance. 

Technically he looks a better player than Amoo but lacks that yard of pace to really frighten defenders. Prior to the Cheltenham home game they were looking seriously at replacing Amoo with Browne. Currently I'd give Browne an extended run. Football changes quickly when players get their head down and take their chances. I suspect Browne was on course to be released, now has a real chance to win a new contract.

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Yes, you had to sit a fair way back to avoid being soaked.  Even then the odd gust or change of wind direction resulted in a drenching.

58 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Is that where the 300 schoolkids invited by the Foundation were sat?

Indeed.  It was a nice touch to allow them to parade around the pitch at half time.  Despite the weather most seemed to really enjoy the occasion.

I’d imagine takings at the Bycars tea bar were significantly higher than a normal match day due to the increased numbers.  With just 30 minutes on the clock there was a healthy queue for refreshments.

The Colchester win has created euphoria on here and social media in relation to us getting promoted now. Some are even talking about the automatic places. Whilst I encourage us all to ride this crest of a wave and enjoy ourselves during the good period, I just hope doom and gloom doesn’t set in after a loss. A lot of our fan base do seem to be getting very high with a win and very low with a loss. We have been quietly going about our business excellently and without expectation. Let’s just carry on getting behind the lads and see where the remainder of the season takes us. This is in no way intending on being a negative post by the way, I’m chuffed to bits with out recent form.

As well as Vale played yesterday I was surprised how easily Colchester rolled over and lay down, they appeared to have no fight. Nouble and Pell are strong players for them but Nouble just resorted to petty fouls and petulance and Pell disappeared. Testament to how well Vale played.

As well as Vale played yesterday I was surprised how easily Colchester rolled over and lay down, they appeared to have no fight. Nouble and Pell are strong players for them but Nouble just resorted to petty fouls and petulance and Pell disappeared. Testament to how well Vale played.

I thought they battled well until the second half when we had the wind.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

He should have disappeared down the tunnel when he kicked out at one of our players.

Archived