onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Blimey. That is unbelievable. I can't think of a worse miss than that. Amazing.

Who cares? Today's result for us was outstanding - with perhaps 4-5 "first teamers" missing. How good were we today?

Enormous credit not only to the usual 8/10 stalwarts but also to the likes of Brisley, Conlon, Browne and Cullen (in particular) who were superb today. Wonderful stuff.

Advert

6 hours ago, Doha said:

Just had chance see the highlights

That Worrall ball for the second was O U T R A G E O U S

That's De Bruyne and Gary Lineker &co would be creaming all night long on Match of the day.

Can I also add if nobody has mentioned that Rhys Browne was excellent defensively today , his tracking back was brilliant. He conceded one or two corners with decent tackles as well as the assist. 

2 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Not heard mention of the pitch, which looks in very good nick in spite of the abundance of rain.

Let's hope after the concert it doesn't resemble that ploughed field at Newport

Credit to Speedy and his team as Vale and Accrington used to be casualty of bad weather whilst teams like Leek Town or Glossop managed to play 

I haven't seen a Vale side look as together as they did yesterday since the glory days of the 90s. You could tell by the way they played for each other and by their body language at full time. 

Credit to John Askey for instilling this mindset into his team. Possibly getting advice from another John?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

That's De Bruyne and Gary Lineker &co would be creaming all night long on Match of the day.

Can I also add if nobody has mentioned that Rhys Browne was excellent defensively today , his tracking back was brilliant. He conceded one or two corners with decent tackles as well as the assist. 

I thought Browne was outstanding yesterday. I can’t think of a time he let his man get the better of him, making several good blocks. Linked up great with Cullen and Monty. If only he hadn’t have skied that one on one. I like Amoo, but you can’t drop Browne after that performance. 

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I thought Browne was outstanding yesterday. I can’t think of a time he let his man get the better of him, making several good blocks. Linked up great with Cullen and Monty. If only he hadn’t have skied that one on one. I like Amoo, but you can’t drop Browne after that performance. 

I don't think you can drop anyone mate. But this is the conundrum Askey gets paid for I guess. Not certain Cullen is the man away from home but surely he can't be dropped. Also I'm a firm believer of playing players in position, but again how can he drop Smith. 

An unthinkable situation after the meltdown on here after Salford. 

Brisley is a proper league 2 head it and kick it merchant who the last few games has been immense. Browne worked tirelessly, Cullen goals were class.

And I'll hold my hand up I've not been Conlon number one fan. He assisted two wins at Stevenage and Cobblers and now opened the scoring. 

Whilst beating Colchester doesn't make us world beaters nor did the defeat at Salford turn us into Stoke !! 

Same team next week and huge options on the bench. 

It was an absolute pleasure to see so many happy, smiling faces at Vale yesterday. Fans were actually talking to each other from several rows apart and that has not occurred for yonks.

Askey's system is bearing fruition as all squad members can now fit in when required to do a job.

Several of the players who some Vale fans may questioned are now reaping the rewards of game time and this "sensible, laid back approach" from the manager is so infectious it's catching on with the fan base.

It is an honour to be a Valiant this season, after so many years of depression and outright skulduggery by certain owners/managers.  The feel good factor is gaining momentum and if we can keep our expectations to reasonable levels then our march to better days is well and truly under way.

I witnesses many "older" ( and I'm one of them) fans yesterday up on their feet, chanting and singing the praises of the efforts of the entire squad. It was heart warming to say the least. Happy days are here again!  

Can't single out any individual on that performance BUT I did post pre match that I would play Smudger at full back to allow the  blossoming Legge/Brisley partnership  to continue. Smith was a revelation. His defence was immaculate and by God he actually was sensational charging down the wing, beating men and crossing the ball! Get that contract signed Smithy soon so as to be part of this fantastic Vale revival. 👍 

Archived