onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Loved the celebrations after Cullen's second goal, when most of the team came over in front of the Paddock/Railway Stand. Great stuff!

My main thoughts of Cullen when we signed him was of him scoring the goals in the play-offs for Blackpool a few years ago - a hat-trick in the Semis followed by one in the Wembley Final................wonder if he can give us a repeat?!

Advert

Walsall (a), Scunny (h), Chelt (a), Crawley (h), Bradford (h), Oldham (a), Crewe (h), Carlisle (a), Grimsby (h), Cambridge (a), Newport (h), Plymouth (a)

4 games against top 10 teams left, some difficult away trips but we have every chance. How important could that Plymouth game be at the end of the season!

Still can’t believe that result.

Awful weather playoff clash with a promotion rival with loads of first teamers out, as I mentioned before I’d have happily taken a bore draw. Despite their poor performance at Grimsby I’m sure I’d read they had an envious form record.

To sweep them aside with such superiority...unbelievable. Was driving when the first when in, couldn’t get DAB where I was so heard it from Sandoz commentating on the scum game. Was buzzing when I saw the second on bbc sport on my phone and started laughing when I read on here about the third. Unbelievable. Haven’t been able to see the highlights yet, looking forward to it, will try to watch the full 90 back on ifollow later. 

Then saw the shlt threw away a 2-0 lead, with Barnsley winning and Wigan getting a creditable draw....absolutely mega.

We’re still to play the reverse fixtures for teams around us in Cheltenham,  Plymouth, Bradford and the nonces. Huge games. Plymouth on the last day could be enormous. Train botherers at VP could be a five figure crowd. (Incl pitiful 2000 away following)

Imagine the chaos of getting Artell in the playoffs. If it was the semis the dibble would have to call in the territorial army for support for the atmosphere and edge at both games. Mortar fire in forward operating base Kidsgrove.

3000 to Walsall next week now, no messing about. Let’s have it. Up the <ovf censored> vale.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

So do Taylor and Amoo walk back into the side within the next week or two? Browne played well today and with starts you would like to think he would only get better and more confident. Taylor was arguably our player of the season up until he got injured, but Joyce, Burgess and Conlon as a trio is working brilliantly for us, in the same way that Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson often do for Liverpool, despite having the talented Keita and composed Lallana around.

I wouldn’t change anything, until of course things start going wrong. Every single one of the players in the 11 today will be fighting hard not to lose their place. With the likes of Manny, Taylor, Pope, Clark, Gibbo, Amoo, Atkinson and Crookes not playing, we finally have healthy competition in more or less every position of the pitch. Long may it continue. But for now, no changes are to be made 

1 hour ago, Old fort said:

Absolutely agree with the utterly disrespectful Arthur tag, which I find really offensive to someone who could have easily walked  away and shafted us. 

Thanks in large part too him, the Shanahans and Dave Kevan, we are now looking a proper team which has instilled a pride back in to what was, a cancerous club , in the space of a year. 

Massive respect to a great bloke and his way of doing things. 

Utter bo77ocks, people are using “Arthur” in an endearing sense, in no way shape or form is it meant to be derogatory.

A thoroughly enjoyable game played in awful conditions and showing the squad depth that Askey has built into the side.

I smiled at the ball boys on the Railway side who on approx 75 mins.all retreated back to the advertising hoardings thus eating up the time when returning the ball as the game ran down.

There is now a feeling on and off the pitch that matters are going our way after years of misery you can tell this club is making progress all thanks to Kevin, Carol Askey and his management team.

The great thing we've had this season is players coming in when needed, getting up to speed and then being ace. Browne, Brisley, Cullen. They all took a game or so to get up to speed. And all three I thought were gash recruits. More fool me. A bit of game time and you see what they are about.

Our biggest problem at the moment is keeping them all happy. Because we have 16 who have earned a starting place.

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Utter bo77ocks, people are using “Arthur” in an endearing sense, in no way shape or form is it meant to be derogatory.

It was used in a derogatory manner by one or two posters on here especially during the close season and the beginning of the season.

10 minutes ago, toyahw said:

The great thing we've had this season is players coming in when needed, getting up to speed and then being ace. Browne, Brisley, Cullen. They all took a game or so to get up to speed. And all three I thought were gash recruits. More fool me. A bit of game time and you see what they are about.

Our biggest problem at the moment is keeping them all happy. Because we have 16 who have earned a starting place.

It’s good to see people admit they were wrong about the recruitment... now the secret is not making the same mistake next year when Askey is building his squad to either go up or fight for league 1 survival! 

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Some are I agree... but the usual crowd weren’t during the summer when they were writing him off.

When they are next on the forum we can ask them... it will be after we don’t win a game. 

Askey has proved me wrong. I was fuming after the Newport game when I could see how poor Newport were. He has proved me wrong with not having 2 up front, and proved me wrong with having no depth in the squad. I am happier than a pig in sh i i t about it!!!😃

Now I need to start a crowd funding page for flights home in May.

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

It was used in a derogatory manner by one or two posters on here especially during the close season and the beginning of the season.

I believe I was the first to mention it on PVO, it was never a term of abuse. It was more you need to be a bloody comedian to come here, at that time. It's become a term of affection. Where's me washboard eh eh? King Arthur. 

23 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Do you really think so?

May be you do, but clearly there are plenty others that don't.  Personally, I prefer to use his given name. 

Archived