onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Well done to everyone at the club. Team selection must have had JA scratching his head after FGR game, well I salute the team dejection and tactics deployed. Well done to all the players who came jumping out if the blocks and took the game to Colchester. 
Especially well done to Mark Cullen who I believe gives us something different from TP. That doesn’t mean I prefer one above the other two different styles of play both of which can be very effective. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like we can play them together, which is a shame. I’d keep the same starting eleven for next week. I bet there is no one in the physios room at the moment 

Advert

Where to start?

Unfair to single individuals out as every single player was absolutely outstanding in quality, workrate, and organisation. They all did their jobs perfectly. Colchester are a damn good team and we've played them off the park.

The commitment to play good football in atrocious conditions is testament to how confident these boys are. We had half a team out and the lads that have come in all knew their jobs down to the smallest detail. If one pressed, the team moved as one to close off passing lanes and to limit space. If the ball was won, the transition onto the front foot was spot on.

The coaching being done by Askey, Kevan, and Pugh every day is excellent. Browne, Cullen, Brisley, Conlon; all were out of the team for an extended spell and have come in and all performed admirably.

After the years we've had, lets enjoy this run and start dreaming. Its been absolutely s*** being a Vale fan for 20 years, bar a season or two, but we have proper owners, a proper manager,  and a proper team, befitting our fans and our club.

5000+ in the middle of a storm with no away support is top notch again. I hope some of the kids who were there today come back next week.

Regardless of where we end up this season, whether that be top 3 or missing out on the playoffs, I'm struggling to articulate my excitement for this club's potential.

A year ago today, a group of Vale fans decided to try and remove Norman. The work done by so many people in these past 12 months cannot be forgotten.

Most importantly, Carol Shanahan has been sent from heaven, or whatever you choose to believe in. She's transformed this club from life-support to bringing us all a lot of joy every week. We'll never, ever be able to repay Carol for what she's done.

F*** it. I'm excited. I don't care if we miss out. I love my club again. UTV

Fantastic performance... best of the season. Every single player was at least 7 /10 apart from Brown who had nothing to do!!

Strong in defence , midfield energy and work rate was brilliant and Cullen. showed his quality.

Monty = best left back in the league.

For those who keep crying out for 442, Askeys comment after the game in the sentinel should answer your question:

”He added: “Hopefully that is because we don’t swap and change the way we play too much. So, everybody who comes in knows what is expected in the position they play.”

Burgess has 4 losses in 26 Port Vale games, 1 against Man City.

He must have a pass completion rate of 99%. Every pass is perfectly weighted, timed, and is nearly always the right decision.

Can't overstate how much I rate him. Makes us tick in midfield. A workrate and stamina so extensive he must be getting drug tested every week. What a gem.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A year ago today, a group of Vale fans decided to try and remove Norman. 

Never forget that a small group on here derided them and made it clear that we should leave Norman alone... they needed more evidence and mocked the black and gold efforts.

It won’t be forgotten.

You only get to enjoy the success of the Vale because of those people you wouldn't believe and tried to make feel stupid.

UTV

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He must have a pass completion rate of 99%. Every pass is perfectly weighted, timed, and is nearly always the right decision.

Can't overstate how much I rate him. Makes us tick in midfield. A workrate and stamina so extensive he must be getting drug tested every week. What a gem.

An amazing signing! If Jake Taylor doesn’t end up here permanently we have his twin whose contribution is exceptional!

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Slowly maturing into a very good player. 

I think a lot of us are eating some large slices of humble pie tonight and long may it continue. I think as fans we all have to remember to stay level headed and enjoy every moment of this now. 50 points was the target so anything beyond that is a bonus.

That performance was sublime to a man. Something seems to have clicked since the second half against Exeter. It’s almost like the shackles are off. 

Brilliant!!!

Table

Last Result: 15-Feb-2020 
League Two Form (Last 6)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts
1 Crewe 6 4 1 1 11 7 4 13
2 Port Vale 6 4 1 1 11 7 4 13
3 Plymouth 6 4 1 1 10 9 1 13
4 Cambridge Utd 6 4 1 1 8 7 1 13
5 Grimsby 6 3 2 1 13 10 3 11
6 Exeter 6 3 1 2 12 9 3 10
7 Leyton Orient 6 3 1 2 9 7 2 10
8 Swindon 6 3 1 2 8 7 1 10
9 Cheltenham 6 3 1 2 6 5 1 10
10 Salford 6 2 3 1 9 5 4 9
11 Carlisle 6 2 3 1 9 6 3 9
12 Crawley Town 6 2 3 1 9 7 2 9
13 Morecambe 6 2 2 2 8 6 2 8
14 Mansfield 6 2 2 2 9 8 1 8
15 Oldham 6 2 2 2 10 10 0 8
16 Northampton 6 2 1 3 7 6 1 7
17 Colchester 6 2 1 3 9 9 0 7
18 Walsall 6 2 1 3 7 9 -2 7
19 Bradford 6 1 2 3 6 11 -5 5
20 Scunthorpe 6 1 2 3 6 12 -6 5
21 Newport County 6 1 1 4 2 5 -3 4
22 Macclesfield 6 1 1 4 5 9 -4 4
23 Forest Green 6 0 2 4 8 14 -6 2
24 Stevenage 6 0 0 6 4 14 -10 0

Keep this form for the rest of the season and it would top anyone’s expectations. Our squad is in good shape for the run in.

Archived