onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

Same 11 for the next match - depending on niggles or injuries picked up during the week.  They deserve it for me.

Competition for places is now making the players produce the best and us fans acknowledge this.  Glad to see JA and Co pick sides on what they are doing.  Great to see.

Advert

26 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
27 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:
Absolutely incredible win. Beyond my wildest expectations. This team can get auto promotion. It has to be the aim. Why not??

It is possible. Depending on what the teams do with their games in hand but it is certainly not out of question.

Quite a tall order, relying on 2 of the top 4 losing form. 

We have 54 pts, 36 to play for, thus max 90 pts. 

Top 4 have 63 pts, at least 39 to play  for, average 2pts per game gives 26, and a total of 89pts.

Thus POs more likely, anyone fancy the Shunters in the final?

Our midfield 3 were incredible today in their energy and pressing. That high press won the game for us today. We totally dominated them. First time this season I've seen brown not have a save to make.

Cullen once again excellent up top and any doubters who will still say that he can't play that role need to have a long hard look at themselves. Unlucky to get injured after playing so well a month or so ago but barring injury he should keep his place to the end of the season. The difference in our play when he plays is like chalk and cheese.

Special shout out also for browne. He played very well today, especially defensively.

At this rate, taylor manny pope and Clarke won't be able to get back into the team.

UTV

Fosse69, this league seems to be a weird one, where any team can beat each other, so you never know.  

It's just nice to be looking at the league table and thinking - god we could get into the play offs and win promotion this year.  Most of us thought we would be in this position next season.

Fair play to Askey. I was sceptical early in the season when we kept throwing points away but today confirmed that as well as improving us as a team, he has improved the players individually. 

Take Smith as an example, ability on the ball improved no end. Joyce, hardly set the world on fire when he first joined, now mainstay of the midfield. Worrall, always been class but never nailed down a position, now undroppable. Conlon, we all assumed he wouldn’t get a look in, but how can you drop him after today? Brisley? Burgess? Where are Taylor and Manny going to play?? Pope??? Amoo??? Cullen and Browne were excellent together today.....

We were outstanding today, did lots of different aspects of the game really really well against decent opponents (don’t agree with Birchall’s analysis that they offered nothing). I liked the efficient way that we turned the last 10 mins into a bit of a snore fest to secure the points and (largely) kept our discipline.

Very excited for the remainder of the season. Up the Vale!

10 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Same 11 for the next match - depending on niggles or injuries picked up during the week.  They deserve it for me.

Competition for places is now making the players produce the best and us fans acknowledge this.  Glad to see JA and Co pick sides on what they are doing.  Great to see.

Playing for the shirt,  keeps everyone on their toes. We use a set formation that anyone in the squad can fit into. 

On 13/02/2020 at 19:51, Bald Eagle said:

433 has worked well all season.  Players who will come in have all played an important role.  Don’t understand why we would change a successful formula for a system we have not played under Askey.

I rest my case.  Congratulations to JA for giving the club a playing identity that 1) the players understand 2) is bringing success.

All players have the incentive that if they come in and play well they will keep their place.

Another great performance from Monty - he IS a PROPER left back, he just plays it in a different way to others, but plays it well.

Enjoy the week, on to the Saddlers we go full of confidence

I don't think enough people are fishing for a reply from Ernie on here, which would cause the thread to derail, so that they can then call HIM a troll. Just because you're more on the positive side doesn't mean your'e not trolling.

Gutted I didn't go today, sounded like a cracking game. Finally we have managed to get in the playoffs and it's a brilliant time in the season to find this form and with so many regular starters missing too. It's bloody exciting isn't it!

Fantastic from start to finish. We deserved the opener, especially after dominating large spells of the first 15 minutes. We then weathered the storm (literally), with Colchester having set-piece after set-piece. We dealt with all of them fantastically, they had five or six real big lads, with Bramall whipping in fantastic balls. Going into half time was crucial. The second half was one of the most complete halves of football I’ve seen in a long time. The midfield absolutely dominated the half. Joyce, Conlon and Burgess were unreal, they never stopped. The back four didn’t give their forwards a sniff. Cullen’s two goals were fabulous finishes, both took so well and so composed. Worrall’s ball for his first was easily one of the best passes you will see, it was pin-point. 

Overall, a top performance, capped off with a clean sheet, against a side we always seem to struggle against. Every single one of them players were fantastic. 

MOM - I could genuinely pick all of them, but for me Conlon was superb. I was critical of him earlier on in the season, but this past couple of months he’s really got back to his best. Cullen not far off. 

Joyce, Conlon and Burgess must take huge credit. They are keeping the likes of Atkinson, Manny and Taylor out. I know Jake is injured, but in the past we have seen players rushed back, now we don’t need to do it. 

Onto Walsall now, they picked up three points today against Northampton. It will be a tough game, but with 1500+ Valiants, there is no reason why we can’t pick up another three points. Buzzing for this one now. 

Up to 6th and I’m now genuinely starting to believe. 7 wins from 12 will do it. Credit to Askey, he has transformed this football club. 
Where are the boo boys now? 

UTV! 

Archived