Sign in to follow this  
RailwayRowdy

Favourite comedy sketches - what’s yours ?

Whilst trying to survive Storm Ciara and Polish lorry drivers (but not necessarily in that order) on the 200 miles trip to Newcastle on the A1, I “you tubed” my favourite comedian of all turn. The comedic genius that is Peter Cook !

The Art Gallery sketch with Dudley Moore never fails to make me laugh, even though I’ve heard it enough times to be able to act it myself.

”You seen that Leonardo DaVinci cartoon ? I can’t see the bloody joke” ! 

What makes you clutch a pillow while laughing !

Absolutely hilarious but I prefer the one where he goes with Trig to the council depot and he says "I thought you said it was open 24hrs a day Trig" and Trigger replies "yeah, but not at night" 

• Like 1

Four Candles - Two Ronnies.

Only Fools and Horses - Candelabra Scene.

Life of Brian - We are 3 wise men scene - mother falls off her stool.

Trigger saying why he got his medal - I have had this broom for 27 years and then reels off how many new heads and handles he has had.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Trigger saying why he got his medal - I have had this broom for 27 years and then reels off how many new heads and handles he has had.

"Trigger's brush" has actually entered our language. Our lad's computer is "Trigger's brush" as it has precisely none of the original components. Not even the case.

Not very PC, but it was a mixed race family so in some ways ahead of its time. "Put it in the curry". Spike Milligan, Pakistani Dalek.

• Like 1

Can't add much to the sketches above. But there were some very funny scenes in programmes like Rising Damp and Steptoe and Son back in the sixties & seventies.