This is what worried me when Smurthwaite wanted out. There are so many chancers and dodgy dealers out there I was concerned we'd end up in the hands of one of them.

God bless Carol and Kevin. Proof positive that there is still good in the world. 

• Like 1

Could be the first former Prem side to be thrown out of the League. 

Hope not - Oldham are a proper football club with a distinguished history. But that's modern football I suppose; I'm just glad Vale were bought by people who care.

59 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That would be a tragedy. Oldham are a proper club with great fans. 

And even better pies. 

There will be many more to follow.  The HMRC are sick to death of football clubs taking the proverbial.  Sadly clubs like Oldham will owe them a fraction of what a club like Man City for instance who will spend more on how to avoid taxation than Oldham owe.  It's just another symptom of the wealth gap.

• Like 3

Former director Simon Blitz,who owns the freehold for Boundary Park has now called in a debt of £500,000 after the HMRC order and has applied for a separate court motion on March 6th to bring in administrators.

Players have been told that their wages will be at least a week late.

Extremely sad times. The game needs more transparency and the EFL must be held accountable AGAIN, for lack of due diligence. It makes my blood boil and yes we are lucky to have our owners or it would have been us, no doubt about it. So without boring you all, thank you K&C. We will become the envy of many a club and perhaps the EFL should use us as a yardstick, even though the owners had to get a wedge together to rid us of that specimen. If the EFL have a file on club ownership on our previous owner it should be stamped in big red capital letters, BANNED FOR LIFE
I apologise for my rant.

On 12/02/2020 at 21:52, Heatwave said:

This is what worried me when Smurthwaite wanted out. There are so many chancers and dodgy dealers out there I was concerned we'd end up in the hands of one of them.

God bless Carol and Kevin. Proof positive that there is still good in the world. 

Our present owners are gems to be cherished. We could indeed have ended up with a set of chancers whose only aim was to exploit the fan base. By contrast, what have we done to deserve the EFL and other football authorities who seem a million miles away from dealing effectively with this issue?

After Bury, Bolton and now Oldham, club ownership is going to be THE issue for the future.

What worries me is that it will need the kind of leadership and determination that is nowhere in sight in the current governing bodies.