Fosse69

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Just now, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

That'll p-off one particular poster on here, who moans his bag off about Pope at every opportunity!

Pope took his goal well.  Bennett may have kicked it over the bar 😜

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

We have conceded 14 fouls ( to 3 ) so far

Kettle certainly knows where his whistle is

Good. Seems every team that comes to VP these days generally tries to kick us of the park so nice to give some back.

Hopefully Brown will also be making sure his studs are clean, his socks are properly rolled up and choosing very carefully which side he takes every goal kick from 2nd half...😴

Fantastic team performance, this team is chalk and cheese x100 compared to the last 2 season's teams.

The iFollow camera angle shows just how quick and skillful these players are.

"Great" piece of work by Monty to get Odin Bailey off who was looking dangerous early doors.

Brilliant 1st half performance.

Two halves of football are rarely the same...hopefully this one will be and we can control the 2nd half.

If you're referring to me I'm not pi55ed off at all! Far from it. If the team and pope played well every week I wouldn't moan at all! Fact is that Pope, as with any player, is judged on performances. Too often this season he's been poor, been fed, and not scored. If that changes for the rest of the season I'll be as happy as the rest of you. Doing well tonight as a team. I still maintain that we need a much better striker in the summer as our first choice if we are to look more dangerous more often next season.

If the score stays at 0.2 until 65 mins I'd bring manny on for some game time for burgess or Joyce.

That'll p-off one particular poster on here, who moans his bag off about Pope at every opportunity!
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Really good first half but the ref is dreadful. He's pulled us up for every single challenge and missed a couple of theirs.

11 minutes gone in the second half and he's penalised us for 6 more fouls. This could be a record by full time.

FGR goalie is a solid unit.  

Well done super vale away fans.  

Come on Vale - get a couple more and that will kill off FGR by the looks of it.