onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

21 hours ago, TheSage said:

He always strikes me as someone who knows the rules by the book but has never played the game and doesn't fully comprehend what it's really like.

There is a shocking video on Facebook today of a game he ref’d at Accrington Stanley. 

he waits for the ball to make it way into the box, it bounces up, Billy Kee controls it, swivels and hits it from about 8 yards out.

Kettle then blows his whistle after it has left his foot for half time (I think) and disallows the goal. 

He just smuggly points at his watch when surrounded by the Accrington player’s and walks off.

Total idiot

Advert

What match was Mark Cooper watching?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51496790

The tackle on Odin Bailey was "horrendous" according to him. I thought it had no malicious intent and it was just unfortunate that the player picked up an injury. It was just one of those things.

But I guess if you are a manager under pressure you'll look at any way of deflecting attention.

20 minutes ago, robf said:

The tackle on Odin Bailey was "horrendous" according to him. I thought it had no malicious intent and it was just unfortunate that the player picked up an injury. It was just one of those things.

But I guess if you are a manager under pressure you'll look at any way of deflecting attention.

He was probably right as Kettle kept his card in his pocket!

1 hour ago, robf said:

I've said it before:

I'm so sick and tired, of watching these managers, talk absolute nonsense. Focus and talk on what you have influence on changing: your own team! Some teams time waste, others fall down when touched by a feather. It's frustrating, 100% agree. But you can't change it! 

Saying "we lost because the other team did this or that", is not a serious argument. It's simply deflecting responsibility. If they say "we didn't succeed in this and this" and then goes on to say "because the other team did this or this", is taking everything away from the first sentence, and simply saying it's because the other team, did something wrong in their eyes. 

It's just talking s... and sometimes, you really wonder if they spend the match in the lounge, watching another game on television. Then coming out, commenting on that.

2 hours ago, robf said:

I thought Monty took him out and that changed the game in our favour. Can’t remember if he was booked or not for it?

13 hours ago, JohnJames said:

I remember that happening in a top class game (Div 1 or Cup; I can't remember which but I think Derby were involved) in the 70s. There was an absolute furore and I think some sort of sanction was made against the ref. Games at Accy don't have the same impact.

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

I remember that happening in a top class game (Div 1 or Cup; I can't remember which but I think Derby were involved) in the 70s. There was an absolute furore and I think some sort of sanction was made against the ref. Games at Accy don't have the same impact.

I’m sure the rule was that you had to wait until it was clear nothing would happen. I’m sure even the PDSL used to operate on these grounds. The guy is just a pillock

11 hours ago, Beamish said:

Also Clive Thomas whilst referring Brazil???

To be fair Brazil ,knowing it was injury time in the 1st half,took an absolute age to take a corner

Thomas quite rightly blew the whistle just as the corner was being taken

Different circumstances when the ball is in play and bobbing around the box

Archived