onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

What was that all about? John Askey talks about "closing out games" but yet again (for the umpteenth time this season) we let in another goal beyond the  90mins mark--I hope it does drive Mr. Askey mad--because it sure does me! Coasting at 0-3 up after 77 mins we manged to make a massive big meal of it.  I'm only glad I couldn't make it last night as I don't think I wold have had any finger nails left at the end!  Come on John, get a grip on sorting out those "closing-out" tactics!

42 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I thought Manny did well when he came on.Maybe could have got a bit closer to the player for their second goal but he looked sharp.

Thought Manny looked very sharp, too. Played some good passes and looks like he always wants to get things going. For me, he has to be playing a bigger part and should have come on earlier. 

Last night was a perfect example of the idiocy of clamouring for substitutions all the time.

Manny and Atkinson are good players but the balance of the side was completely lost when Conlon and Burgess went off last night. 

I can understand Manny needing some game time and I would have brought him on for Conlon and left Burgess on. 

Really gets my goat when people get so angry that we’re not making subs when games like last night show why you have to be careful.

21 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

What was that all about? John Askey talks about "closing out games" but yet again (for the umpteenth time this season) we let in another goal beyond the  90mins mark--I hope it does drive Mr. Askey mad--because it sure does me! Coasting at 0-3 up after 77 mins we manged to make a massive big meal of it.  I'm only glad I couldn't make it last night as I don't think I wold have had any finger nails left at the end!  Come on John, get a grip on sorting out those "closing-out" tactics!

Another game to learn from,  keep your cool under pressure from opposing players aided by a poor referee, easily said I know. 

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I've often been in agreement with refs when vale have had a red for a dangerous tackle, but I cannot see how Clarkes is a red. 

I also think they clearly dived for the penalty and for popes second yellow. A competent referee and we would have ended with 11 men last night. 

Two match retrospective ban for feigning injury. Hopefully Vale will have noticed in their video analysis Ebou Adams faking a head injury to encourage Pope being sent off and report it. Disgraceful. Aggravating factors of a dive for the original 'foul' and then the red. Sitting injury free until he heard Kettle shout at Pope and then and only then clutched his head rolling around like the eskimo kiss Pope gave him fractured his skull. Right in front of Kettle and the useless sack of shlt encouraged it all. 

I’m not saying that this is what has happened, but the number of cards issued in a very short space of time and after an arbitrary minute in the match ought to start ringing alarm bells.

I wonder if there were any suspicious in play spread betting patterns. 

I’m not saying that this is what has happened, but the number of cards issued in a very short space of time and after an arbitrary minute in the match ought to start ringing alarm bells.
I wonder if there were any suspicious in play spread betting patterns. 
I think you're crediting him there with a degree of intelligence and logic that he doesn't deserve

It’s a very odd trait that you start to see yellows dished out with alarming speed in the last ten minutes. It happened at Northampton and it happened last night. Sometimes not every foul is a yellow and sometimes the yellows are fished out at a players first offence even so late in the game. 

Just seen the highlights. Great three goals, then the debacle. Clark's sending off was fully justified, his tackle made me wince. Tom can also have no complaints about his sending off. Yes, another ref might not have given it but this is Trevor Kettle who comes with a massive health and safety warning. Tom should know better at this stage of his career.

Their peno was very cleverly won. If you watch closely, their player sees Joyce coming and then pulls up so that Joyce gets tangled up without any intent or even a tackle. Looks obvious on a replay but whistle-happy Kettle was bound to give it.

FGR are a wretched side - the sooner they grace the Southern Premier with their unique brand of football, the better. And they can take Mark Cooper with them. To say he won't be missed is an understatement.

23 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just seen the highlights. Great three goals, then the debacle. Clark's sending off was fully justified, his tackle made me wince. Tom can also have no complaints about his sending off. Yes, another ref might not have given it but this is Trevor Kettle who comes with a massive health and safety warning. Tom should know better at this stage of his career.

Their peno was very cleverly won. If you watch closely, their player sees Joyce coming and then pulls up so that Joyce gets tangled up without any intent or even a tackle. Looks obvious on a replay but whistle-happy Kettle was bound to give it.

FGR are a wretched side - the sooner they grace the Southern Premier with their unique brand of football, the better. And they can take Mark Cooper with them. To say he won't be missed is an understatement.

Your last paragraph surprises me. I wasn't lucky enough to go due to work last night,  but the game at Vale was between two very good sides and they played their part in an excellent game. I still say that night was our best performance of the season.

43 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Your last paragraph surprises me. I wasn't lucky enough to go due to work last night,  but the game at Vale was between two very good sides and they played their part in an excellent game. I still say that night was our best performance of the season.

They have the second best away record but are pants at home, they have a few injuries and have really lost form, 2 wins in 16 after only 2 losses in the 16 prior.

Interestingly for all the bemoaning of our away form ours is now joint 10th best in the division.

To prove how good our home form has been though we've currently played 4 of the top 5 away performers this season at home and beaten them all!

Meanwhile 3 of our 5 away wins have come at 3 of the top 5 home performers!

Archived