Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just seen the highlights

How the fcük has Kettle given that pathetic flopping dive as a penalty for them

The tumble started the milisecond Joyce had a hand touching his arm

I'd say incredible but it isn't. 

I was right. Brown definitely should have done better for the second. I thought it had gone wide at first and clearly so did he as he stayed fairly rooted watching it. It shouldn't have happened anyway though as it was a completely free header in the box. 

The absolute state of that CNUT Adams falling over clutching his head 2 seconds after Pope had walked away because he'd heard Kettle blow his whistle and so was feigning a head injury. Should be retrospectively dealt with for simulation. Horibble cheating TWÂT. Pathetic behaviour, what a waster. 

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Which decision are people so enraged by?

Clarks? - horrendous challenge. Late and off the ground. No issue.

Pope? - leans in and goes head to head. Yellow card in any game. Second yellow, gone. No issue

Our penalty? - correct decision

Their penalty? - 50/50, definitely not an outrageous call.

I thought Kettle got a lot of the niggling fouls wrong but Christ the forum's gone into meltdown over two probably justified red cards.

Up the Vale, and roll on Saturday.

Roll on Saturday indeed Joe, and a great opportunity for JA to display his and his teams ability to adjust and adapt to the changed circumstance. 

I would have taken Pope off  , and brought on Cullen  in the 76th minute. With a 3 goal lead , he could be resting. Instead, he ends up with a rush of blood to the head and gets sent off . He should know better. No excuse for it. Clark was silly , as all he had to do was stand him up. Kettle was the worst ref I’ve seen all season , a bloated drama queen , similar to Mike Dean . He made it all about him. Four rovers players should have been in the book. The liner on the dressing room side was blind as a bat. 
He missed so many fouls . Oh, hang on, we won 3-2. Almost felt like a loss. On to Saturday, and unlike last season , we’re safe. Nice to be able to say that in February. 13 cup finals?

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

Its 100% a yellow card for walking over to a player in the floor and leaning in to make contact with your head against their head.

I don't know why its the case but it is. If you lean in with your head like that, especially if the player isn't even retaliating, its a booking.

Joyce definitely tangled his legs as I look at the replay. Not intentional but clumsy.

I am not sure I agree. But never the less Clarke spoiled that game last night with his needless challenge. Pope should really have known better and walked away. But sadly our hero in so many ways is just a bit of a plank. kettle was biased all game. There were a number of fouls on vale lads last night that went unpunished one on Clarke himself where their player has kicked him.a number on conlon where the ref has ignored them. But the one that sticks out is a push on Browne as one of their lads is trying to take a corner. Browne walks away and nothing is given... based on kettles reffing last night it’s a straight red! The inconsistency is just embarrassing. 

19 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I've often been in agreement with refs when vale have had a red for a dangerous tackle, but I cannot see how Clarkes is a red. 

I also think they clearly dived for the penalty and for popes second yellow. A competent referee and we would have ended with 11 men last night. 

I thought he flew in with both feet off the ground. That’s a red these days. 

I've often been in agreement with refs when vale have had a red for a dangerous tackle, but I cannot see how Clarkes is a red. 
I also think they clearly dived for the penalty and for popes second yellow. A competent referee and we would have ended with 11 men last night. 

It was a red all day long but kettles poor handling of the game built up frustration and Clark has done something daft

10 hours ago, Joe B said:

Which decision are people so enraged by?

Clarks? - horrendous challenge. Late and off the ground. No issue.

Pope? - leans in and goes head to head. Yellow card in any game. Second yellow, gone. No issue

Our penalty? - correct decision

Their penalty? - 50/50, definitely not an outrageous call.

I thought Kettle got a lot of the niggling fouls wrong but Christ the forum's gone into meltdown over two probably justified red cards.

Up the Vale, and roll on Saturday.

Never knew you were a Vale fan, Trevor. 

Fantastic win. Keeps us ticking over nicely.

The key decision for me was their first penalty. Very harsh and if he gives them for standing firm and physical contact like that we'd see ten penalties in every game. They played the referee all night and eventually he gave them soft decisions. 

Incidentally, I'm not arguing too much over the two red cards. You can see why he gave them. Both were very silly, unprofessional and daft, but the game hinged on that penalty which was very very soft.

Let's hope we've got enough in reserve to compete this Saturday.

Joyce pen was harsh but not outrageous.

Clark tackle was begging the ref to send him off and why make it when they have the ball so far away from goal.

Pope, again very soft foul but don't react and just see the game out.

35 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

It was a red all day long but kettles poor handling of the game built up frustration and Clark has done something daft

Definitely, and the pitch was one of the worst in the league, which makes little fouls more common.

42 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought he flew in with both feet off the ground. That’s a red these days. 

If that was on a Vale player and not red carded I would be expecting the club to be complaining.

3 points at the end of the day no matter what happened that last 20 minutes or so.

Vale fans are a family and stay together. Vale's players are a squad that are there for each other. Time now for some squad members to stand up and continue our current great run.

We may be missing some players that in the past would have caused us fans to go into meltdown and expect the worst. Not now. We have a foundation to gel and come together to show everyone we mean business. Vale are becoming a solid unit whoever is in the starting line up. Down to us fans now to help carry the Team onto better things.

Personally can't wait for every game now.

Archived