onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Ignoring the shambles at the end;

Consecutive home wins at top 10 opponents.

Firmly ensconced in the playoff mix.

2 points off 5th, playing 5th on Saturday.

Clear depth to the team; Manny did a great job in difficult circumstances tonight, Smith and Taylor still to come back, Gibbo back after Colchester.

Lots of positives tonight. For 70 minutes we were excellent in all aspects.

Advert

Just now, NellyTheValiant said:

Can I ask why you forgive Clark, it was a stupid challenge miles away from anywhere.  No need to do it, the game was already won will a full compliment, put the team under more pressure and misses a big game on Saturday now

Easy, Clark is far less experienced than Pope.  Anyone can have a rush of blood but Pope has had his warning and is experienced enough to know better. Happy now? 👍

Excellent win and well deserved despite the efforts of the referee to turn the game for FGR. Thank heaven for the final whistle, if they'd scored at the end it would have been a gross miscarriage of justice.

Needless challenge by Mich Clark but up until then he was superb,  same for Popey.

Manny looked excellent when he came on, Burgess was unfortunate to be taken off. Overall superb team display apart from the two rash moments.

Kettle should never referee another Football League game, absolutely lamentable, atrocious and awful, he seemed to be biased for and 100% conned by the FGR player's antics.

Great win from the lads which puts us in a great position. For 70 minutes we looked like promotion contenders. We never looked like conceding and managed the game brilliantly.

The last 20 minutes was just bizarre and we lost all discipline and game management. Clark and Pope only have themselves to blame if you ask me, both were extremely stupid. 

We should now all be writing about a perfect 3-0 away win which is really frustrating. I hope that last 20 minutes hasn’t put a dampener on events and has a negative affect on the upcoming weeks due to missing players. 

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’d probably get fined for the count at half time, which was summarily like 3-12 against us.  They played Kettle like a fiddle, if that’s possible. 🤔

Agreed he was that slow he never saw the 1st pull or foul, only when we tried to recover.  Absolutely shocking display but not at fault for either red.  BTW I thought that the ball over the top for their 1st was offside but not certain.

Great win for the boys today against radio stokes favourite team... I listened to Ray Williams commentate on them last year and he must have needed clean undies he was fawning over them so much!

Nice to do the double over them this year!

Yet another game we won’t hear from our long lost “Askey out” friends! I wonder what they do when the Vale win? 

Do they read the forum and not comment or refuse to even read it because it makes them feel sick how happy and positive people sound. Strange bunch... I look forward to re connecting with them when a result doesn’t go our way.

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I thought Kettle got a lot of the niggling fouls wrong 

If you look at the foul count, Joe, you can see exactly why folk are incensed by Kettle’s display. He was so inconsistent it was an absolute joke. They got away with murder compared to Vale having free kicks against them when their players were going down under the merest tickle and in some cases no contact at all. The fans were going absolutely mad with him long before either of the red cards. 

Cold. Really cold.

Clarke is an idiot sorry.

From where I was stood, at the time I thought Brown could have done better with the second.

Monty had a good game particularly with Browne not being great.

Obviously couldn’t hear what he said but Popes second booking was harsh. His first one was incredibly idiotic. 

I knew there’s be at least one sending off second half. Kettle couldn’t wait for it. Tosser.

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you look at the foul count, Joe, you can see exactly why folk are incensed by Kettle’s display. He was so inconsistent it was an absolute joke. They got away with murder compared to Vale having free kicks against them when their players were going down under the merest tickle and in some cases no contact at all. The fans were going absolutely mad with him long before either of the red cards. 

Two words....Mark Cooper. I remember seeing his Swindon team down Vale one year and experiencing the disgusting display of gamesmanship I’ve ever seen at a live football match. Players deliberately trying to hurt the opposition, diving and feigning injury with the slightest touch, and doing basically everything to waste time. 

21 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Which decision are people so enraged by?

Clarks? - horrendous challenge. Late and off the ground. No issue.

Pope? - leans in and goes head to head. Yellow card in any game. Second yellow, gone. No issue

Our penalty? - correct decision

Their penalty? - 50/50, definitely not an outrageous call.

I thought Kettle got a lot of the niggling fouls wrong but Christ the forum's gone into meltdown over two probably justified red cards.

Up the Vale, and roll on Saturday.

Clarke - Agree stupidity

Pope - There midfielder  has gone down, it was a nothing in it. He fell on the floor and no its not a yellow if you square up to someone on a football pitch without raising your arms. Pope's reacted but really warrants a 2nd yellow? 

Our Penalty - all day long

Their penalty -  never in a million years. Joyce never even makes a challenge  - he wasn't even close enough to block him the player off let alone foul him.

No he didn't his 4 big decisions right.

Kettle was crap all game.To say the free kicks he gave to FGR, in particular the 2nd half period where dubious is an understatement. He couldn't wait to get his cards out,yet when we where fouled he never saw it.1st half Legge gets poleaxed he does nothing, 2nd half Brisley takes an elbow after being jumped into and he does nothing. 

How this guy is still a league official is beyond me.

It's easy to criticise players for getting booked "In the heat of the battle" and if the referee is seen to be inconsistent then in my mind it's easy to get drawn into making rash decisions.

Kettle is renowned as a poor referee amongst a lot of clubs supporters, the problem is the games authorities wont do anything about him because they like to support their staff and all referees work on the premise that they dont make mistakes.

Archived