onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Considering we rarely lose and have won fairly regularly its a crazy statistic really that we've only won 2 in a row once! Thankfully the ones we don't win have more often than not been draws rather than losses.

We are currently in title winning form at the moment though, 18 points from 9 league games including the Swindon victory onwards. If we can repeat that in the next 9 we would be in for a great final 5 games!

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The way our season is going I can see us Drawing or losing against FGR to awaken the beast of supporters who think its just not good enough... Only for us to then win against Colchester to keep us 9th.

9th is the new 10th.

Little by Little, the Vale`s monthly calendar, February the 9th, March the 8th, April the 7th, May the Great Leap?

I’d happily take a point, but a win really would put us in a great position with 13 games to go. There is good competition now with players coming back from injury, and we are at the strongest we’ve been all season. 

With Gibbo suspended, I’d go with the below.

Brown

Clark Legge Brisley Monty

Burgess Joyce Conlon

Browne Bennett Worrall

I’d give Browne a go as this will probably be his last chance to stake a claim and he should be hungry. When Gibbo and Amoo return, I imagine he will struggle to get on the bench in current form, so it really is up to him to prove otherwise in this game. 

Plenty of options on the bench and it would be great to see Manny get a cameo at some point. 

With Taylor back next week and Crookes not far off, that will be a fully fit squad. Have we timed our run to perfection? Or will we just fall short?

I really don’t know, but it’s just great to be in the mix approaching the back end of the season. UTV. 

We are so generous and sympathetic to teams on a bad run , hope for this one we can be up for it and get at them. Be delighted with a point three would be awesome. We just need to get the consistency and we can dream . All the best to the traveling Valiants , come on you whites . 

5 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Going be a tough game this one there 3 points behind with a better goal difference plus one ,but with confidence booming in the club and supporter  belief growing rapidly by the minute why shouldn’t we go there and put in a performance and get those those 3 lovely points .

My team is as follows as the high press is defo the way go versus these .

Brown 

Clark Legge Brisley Montano    

Burgess Joyce 

Amoo    Conlon    Worrall

Cullen (Pope )

Does the manager freshen it up as Smith can come in for Legge and Oyeleke for one of the midfielders and Cullen or Popey for Bennett as being a new dad and all them sleepless nights with his newborn could be the reason why he is knackered ,being there got the badge etc .

A big game for the club as if they want a really good crowd sat which I feel they totally deserve especially the shanahans then a draw or win would set the club up nicely for a mouthwatering clash v Colchester who have only lost once in 17 games .

So gooooaaaarrrnn the Vale have a real good go at them 

UTV  

Not having this; where's the tactical innovation? Fuming. Conlon in the hole will have to suffice.

By your excellent standards this is a dull line up VFIA.

Archived