The Kalamazoo Kid

Contract renewals

Consistency is the name of the game, don't want Vale to be looking for 12+ players in the summer as in the last 4 summer transfer windows.

Just shows what a  good job JA has done in the short time he's been at Vale, he's added good players and built on the good players Brown and Aspin bought in after the debacle of summer 2016 and we now have a nucleus of a very good squad.

Have been on my hols for 2 weeks with no internet connection  but must say I'm really pleased to see Mitch Clarke back on loan, really good player at this level who can play in a number of positions, wish we could sign him permanently.

40 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Consistency is the name of the game, don't want Vale to be looking for 12+ players in the summer as in the last 4 summer transfer windows.

Just shows what a  good job JA has done in the short time he's been at Vale, he's added good players and built on the good players Brown and Aspin bought in after the debacle of summer 2016 and we now have a nucleus of a very good squad.

Have been on my hols for 2 weeks with no internet connection  but must say I'm really pleased to see Mitch Clarke back on loan, really good player at this level who can play in a number of positions, wish we could sign him permanently.

In the sentinel Askey says he is after bringing in around 6 players in the summer... nice and steady. Looking good!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe B said:

Don't really know if all of this is a joke to be honest! I'm definitely not REP and have never met the bloke behind that account.

My name is Joe Baker, I sit at the back of the Railway Stand, I'm a secondary school teacher, was the gob of Black and Gold, and I'm disappointed, if this is serious, that you find me condescending or smug. Which posts indicate this?

I spent a great deal of time and effort as part of the Black and Gold group removing Norman, and haven't crept back anywhere after any bans.

Maybe this is some elaborate joke I'm not understanding.

Thank <ovf censored> for that . Thought I’d gone daft 

I only post this due to them being our next opponents 

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18223745.forest-green-rovers-record-operating-loss-785k-2019-set-financial-accounts/ 

But it shows you need your best (well most saleable) players tied to contracts and unfortunately, you have to sell to survive sometimes. I really hope we can go down the route of producing talent or even a similar route to Brentford (buying well (free 🙃 ) to make a profit later}.

What it shows is we need to be able to work within finincial constraints and perhaps we are lucky with a decent fanbase. 

Ecotrictity may well have helped  FGR over the years, but to push on you need more than that. Sustainabilty and I believe that is needed, so we have to spend within our means.

Edited by ginginator

Great news yesterday with Gibbo and Legge being signed up for 2 years and 1 year respectively. We need to keep the solid core of the squad together and build on that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Great news yesterday with Gibbo and Legge being signed up for 2 years and 1 year respectively. We need to keep the solid core of the squad together and build on that. 

Finally some good news

I think someone should tell Nathan Smith's agent that summer 2020 is not a good time for a player to be out of contract. I would not like to be a free agent in a month or two considering the massive financial crash that football is currently experiencing. Belts will be tightened all across the board and wages will be going down.

19 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

He might aswell sign a contract with us and if a team put in a 100k bid we could accept and let him move on and make the club some money. 

That would seem the arrangement that suits both parties best. Smithy does not come across a greedy person. Sign up Smudge.

On 11/02/2020 at 09:48, ginginator said:

I only post this due to them being our next opponents 

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18223745.forest-green-rovers-record-operating-loss-785k-2019-set-financial-accounts/ 

But it shows you need your best (well most saleable) players tied to contracts and unfortunately, you have to sell to survive sometimes. I really hope we can go down the route of producing talent or even a similar route to Brentford (buying well (free 🙃 ) to make a profit later}.

What it shows is we need to be able to work within finincial constraints and perhaps we are lucky with a decent fanbase. 

Ecotrictity may well have helped  FGR over the years, but to push on you need more than that. Sustainabilty and I believe that is needed, so we have to spend within our means.

They are funded by windmill man. 

19 hours ago, toyahw said:

That would seem the arrangement that suits both parties best. Smithy does not come across a greedy person. Sign up Smudge.

I was talked to a former colleague I last saw in 2008 and first worked with 30 plus years ago in a Nissan garage at 9am one Saturday morning; complete chance. Her son had a career at left back for Swindon and then Rotherham. So this time of year for players at our level is mega difficult - they don't get paid much, it's insecure and soon over. During his career he did his coaching badges and now runs a football coaching facility abroad - on circa £250k a year. Not worth being a manager! Just shows what good prep for it all ending can lead to.