Sign in to follow this  
Iron Curtain

Carol and Kevin voted best owners in league 2

I hadnt heard of it either... further details are here.

https://www.againstleague3.co.uk/2020/02/02/2019-english-footballs-best-owners/

Looks like they surveyed 3,000 from 141 clubs and owners were given a rating. Carol and Kevin came out at:

Overall rating: 94.95/100

Communication: 8.55/10

Finance: 8.35/10

Football Operations: 8.20/10

Stadium development/upkeep: 7.69/10

Treatment of fans: 8.61/10

Transparency: 8.55/10

Given the detailed nature of the answers I assume it was Vale fans and their opinions of the magic duo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I hadnt heard of it either... further details are here.

https://www.againstleague3.co.uk/2020/02/02/2019-english-footballs-best-owners/

Looks like they surveyed 3,000 from 141 clubs and owners were given a rating. Carol and Kevin came out at:

Overall rating: 94.95/100

Communication: 8.55/10

Finance: 8.35/10

Football Operations: 8.20/10

Stadium development/upkeep: 7.69/10

Treatment of fans: 8.61/10

Transparency: 8.55/10

Given the detailed nature of the answers I assume it was Vale fans and their opinions of the magic duo.

Imagine what those ratings would have been under our previous owner/ owners.

• Like 2

They're doing a much better job than i ever imagined anyone could do in fairness. This is thoroughly deserved.

Good to see so many owners up there who have taken on clubs in really perilous states. It does give a bit of hope at a time that lower league football is being threatened by Premier league greed and governing body incompetence. In my opinion of course.

9 hours ago, robf said:

The surveys were done under the previous regime. There was one done in 2018.

Norman didn't do quite as well it's fair to say. He got a 1.79 out of 10 for treatment of fans and an overall mark of 16 out of 100 so a mere 78 points down on the Shanahans.

https://www.againstleague3.co.uk/2018/12/21/al3-ownership-survey-the-full-results/

It still irks me to this day that people defended that parasite to the bitter end ... that they needed the “balance of evidence” to be pushed so far to the point of the club nearly being made extinct before they APPARENTLY saw the light! 

It won’t be forgotten. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

It still irks me to this day that people defended that parasite to the bitter end ... that they needed the “balance of evidence” to be pushed so far to the point of the club nearly being made extinct before they APPARENTLY saw the light! 

It won’t be forgotten. 

🤣 tell me about it. 

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Top of League 2 and fourth overall. What can you say other than this is a phenomenal achievement, more so  considering the new owners short tenure.

To be fair he had stiff competition fromSteve Dale and that robbing lying pillock at Bolton. At least Norman paid people

I don't know how many heard the short interview, but she was on national news the other day, after the football league postponements, and spoke very sensibly and clearly about the problem. It was good to hear her voice representing the views of lower league football. More nationwide positive PR!

• Like 1