onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

No-one would be forcing them to open the stand if they didn't wish too, but it would be complete and available when and if needed or they had the desire to open it.

You would have a few options, for example lets say a side can go up at Vale Park we could allow them to have that half and rake in the money if they wanted to bring 6500-7000 away fans (similar to what Wycombe did for us) or if we make the Play Off's or get a huge cup tie then it is there for our fans to use if we wanted to have 14-15000 home fans in the ground... again raking in the money.

Lets say we could go up at home next season... £20 a ticket 2000 extra seats = £40k more revenue that is almost half the stand paid for which can go back into the squad because us fans paid for the completion.

Advert

Seems unusual to be telling people not to put money into the club in one form, but instead put it in via another which would benefit the club in exactly the same way. Only difference between the two is buying in the shop gives them less, because merchandise costs them money, so the club benefits in a lesser way, & the fans get something out of it in return. If people have money & want to donate to the club they love for nothing, who is to tell them that's wrong?

As for charity, would it be wrong for me to spend £5K in the shop on clothes & luxuries I don't need, instead of giving it away then?

If I won Euromillions this week, you could guarantee the first thing I'd be doing is asking them if I could finish the stand for them, pay off NS's loan & buy a few mil of shares too (or donate the same amount). I wouldn't be giving a penny to charities though, & I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Obviously this topic (Lorne Street) has varying opinions, that is fine. I believe that Carol (board) and no doubt the vast majority, would want to utilise this area as a Family area. Hence the article https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-shanahan-lorne-street-3805807 . So these benefits that an earlier completion,  although as stated it is not a business priority, would and will show all connected with Port Vale to be giving back to the community.  

If the concensus, generates proper plans and active development this can only be a good thing. The aim was to use the ground 365, so all things that attract or support the local community have to be looked at. 

I have brick in the wall somewhere, this seems like another time to say yes, we can help and if the full plans for the finished stand are for all. Lets do it

My first thought was no way would we raise this amount. But imagine if all 8000 who went to the City game chucked in a tenner? Thus paying something nearer the going rate for walk up at a game. That's 80,000.

I think Nofinikea has a fair point. Down to the individual's choice at the end of the day.

I prefer to help fund the club through putting it in in the form of increased business. Then let the owners decide what is best to do with it.

Would I be up for a whip round for the concourse? Probably not. I'd chip in of course if it came to a collective decision that this was the best way to go. 

From what Carol is saying there’s no doubt in my mind that the Lorne Street will be fully finished, it’s just the timescale which is in question.  If the doubters would like to produce evidence to the contrary then feel free.  So I’d point out to the the detractors that whatever funds were to be.raised towards this scheme, be it £100k,  or whatever, would be money that our owners don’t have to find from elsewhere, which in turn becomes money that can be spent on the team.  It’s simple maths.

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Has she or has she made an off the cuff remark because of criticism from fans who think they should be spending the Man City money on it?

If we get together they shouldn’t need to dip into  the Man City money. That’s the whole point of this fund raising idea.  What’s not to like? 👍

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Dont you think that should be verified first and if people want to fund raise then that's up to them but why not let the owners decide where it is best used rather than forcing them to open a stand that isnt needed and the matchday costs that would incur with no extra revenue generated to cover it?

I had hoped the days of fans trying to run Port Vale were over.

Forcing them ? Slight overreaction there...........

Trying to run Port Vale.......Massive overreaction.

Nofinikea ........No Idea.

Another point, my mate has a baseball cap he bought years ago to keep the sun out of his eyes in Lorne Street, poor guy has not needed it sitting in the Paddock. All these positives. The end result will be can the gym be moved, is it viable to do things at such a fast pace. But the actual funding I feel would be achieved if wanted. Timescale is important, it may be cheaper to do the whole thing in one rather than just seats, concourse etc. Until plans are seen for the overall picture, we should all be open to debate.

This is something they're going to do anyway. It's not a priority in their first year of ownership, a nicety they wish they could do right now if they could but other matters are of more importance. 

By fans privately raising the costs, it's an earmarked £100,000 they were going to spend on it eventually...now able to be spent elsewhere over the next few years - i.e. on the team.

It's win win.

But we can't prioritise that just at the moment.

"I want to because I want that to be the family area. I desperately want those seats to be the family area and for that to be a family concourse and have the area around it where kids can go.

Hide the current family stand with ad banners, Vale flags. 25m x 25m autonet banner. You know you want it Donno.

The point is, the club will be finishing Lorne St. Now fans might not agree and say other areas need doing, however whether fans want it or not, Carol has said Lorne St will be done. So if Fans don't donate, which is their choice, then that means the Club will eventually have to pay for it. So would it be better for fans to donate and get it done, so the clubs money can then go on say the Team.

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

Another point, my mate has a baseball cap he bought years ago to keep the sun out of his eyes in Lorne Street, poor guy has not needed it sitting in the Paddock. All these positives. The end result will be can the gym be moved, is it viable to do things at such a fast pace. But the actual funding I feel would be achieved if wanted. Timescale is important, it may be cheaper to do the whole thing in one rather than just seats, concourse etc. Until plans are seen for the overall picture, we should all be open to debate.

Why should there be any debate?  The only debate should be from all the parties who’re actually interested in helping out, and any debate should be around if/how it can be made to happen.

Those not interested in helping out can invest their time, and money,  where they see fit, safe in the knowledge that this won’t be up for debate.

10 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

This is a terrible idea in my opinion.  I sincerely hope Carol puts a stop to it.

If fans have got £100k spare, then give it to charities that help people in desperate need and not to a privately owned business to create an asset.

Its socially irresponsible and crass.

It's a sad state of humanity when folk will find the money for a stand we dont need rather than for causes that help the vulnerable and yes I realise a few of you will already support other causes but give more rather than give to wealthy people who run two multi million pound companies.

Oh dear

Archived