onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

14 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

It would not surprise me if the turnstile were more than 70 years old, a touch of oil or swipe cards are the next step, where on the list they are I do not know.

Swipe cards could be too expensive but should last a long time. I’ve no doubt there’d then be some sort of annual fee to the tech company so could be very expensive. If we were going to spend money on the ground I’d like to see the RP entrances rebuilt with some sort of concourse or roof covering, so fans can have a drink at half time without getting wet when we have to endure  inclement weather conditions. This could be a cash generator as some ppl don’t use the food and drink kiosks when it’s wet weather 

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Very concerned that this debate has turned into an argument over the owners stumping up and the cheek at asking fans. 

I'm confused .....Where have the owners had the cheek to ask the fans to stump up the money for the Lorne Street ?

22 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Where else in the ground do we have a concourse available?

Its not the concourse I'm referring to specifically, just think 100k can be better spent on the existing facilities which are used currently around the stadium. I personally will not donate as I don't think we should be raising money for it.

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

Its not the concourse I'm referring to specifically, just think 100k can be better spent on the existing facilities which are used currently around the stadium. I personally will not donate as I don't think we should be raising money for it.

The concourse is the topic of the donation. If you think something else is as worthy please name it.

For what its worth in my reply to the SC if we are looking to make donations to the club I think we need to be helping to support the youngsters in the academy and the various pathways the club offer.  This should be the life blood of the club to help bring lads on in the local area, skills wise but also get them interested in PVFC. I don't believe this has been adequately funded for years.

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

For what its worth in my reply to the SC if we are looking to make donations to the club I think we need to be helping to support the youngsters in the academy and the various pathways the club offer.  This should be the life blood of the club to help bring lads on in the area skills wise but also get them interested in PVFC. I don't believe this has been adequately funded for years.

Thats another cause,the cause in question now is the Lorne St.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Most away fans in league 2 have nothing to laugh about. Barely any turn up anyway. Which fans are laughing at our ground? Aside from maybe Bradford, I’d not swap any of them for vale park. If anyone wants a laugh a Vale, they usually had a good one at our numerous nutty owners. Now resolved. 

Williams should pay, it is his gig. I agree. 

Very concerned that this debate has turned into an argument over the owners stumping up and the cheek at asking fans. 

It is concerning.  How the hell can anyone be critical of fans wishing to donate money, to the club they support, to help fund a long standing unfinished project?  How can anyone possibly argue against it?

For the record, for anyone who hasn’t seen the interview, the owners comment was very much tongue in cheek.  What subsequently happened is that some more open minded, forward thinking members of the fan base have seen a possible way of helping the club to fund said project.  So it wasn’t “cheek” and to suggest otherwise is twisting the truth.

There should be no fall out.  Anyone not behind the idea doesn’t need to donate.  They also don’t need to comment on something they ultimately will not be involved in.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I am struggling to see why they can't get it.

The thing is that's the dissenters problem,you will always get those who rail against the majority,if the SC can organise a fund raiser then they should go for it.

16 minutes ago, MBE said:

For what its worth in my reply to the SC if we are looking to make donations to the club I think we need to be helping to support the youngsters in the academy and the various pathways the club offer.  This should be the life blood of the club to help bring lads on in the local area, skills wise but also get them interested in PVFC. I don't believe this has been adequately funded for years.

Action may already  have been  taken on that by the new owners, they suggested the concourse.

Archived