onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

49 minutes ago, Mario said:

I'm confused .....Where have the owners had the cheek to ask the fans to stump up the money for the Lorne Street ?

That’s correct. There are some on here who have the perception, the wrong perception, that fans being willing to donate is a shortcoming of the owners who should be putting forward the money themselves. 

Advert

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Action may already  have been  taken on that by the new owners, they suggested the concourse.

I hope so. I rather think the suggestion by Carol was more tongue and cheek from a direct question about the Lorne Street, which some fans have jumped on to the back of, rather than a specific need. Nice to do for sure though.

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s correct. There are some on here who have the perception, the wrong perception, that fans being willing to donate is a shortcoming of the owners who should be putting forward the money themselves. 

Thats not the case at all, I think the perception held by a lot of fans is a fund would help the club finish a facility off thats need doing and is also a way of thanking C&K for putting in Circa 5m in the first place.

4 hours ago, Mario said:

I'm confused .....Where have the owners had the cheek to ask the fans to stump up the money for the Lorne Street ?

They didn't, but after paying over the odds to get back our club I for one think this is a super way of saying 'Thank You' to Carol & Kevin.

Next move is for Mark to test a 'collective will' to achieve our 'Thank You'.

13 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, crack on with it, donate your money, I’ll donate mine to the charities of my choice. I’ve no problem with ambition however when you set goals you have to make sure that they’re achievable. Didn’t someone on the radio say something along the lines that if Vale got promoted they’d need almost a new team, to stay up. As priorities go with the club this is a long way down the list. We need to continue to invest in the players, staying within our budget.

I've enjoyed and supported your posts, so I hope you don’t go into self exile.

Just because someone said on the radio, that we would need a completely new team if we went up, doesn't mean its true. We have several players who would be fine in league 1. 

3 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

I received an email earlier saying that the majority were in favour of this, so looks like wheels will be put in motion at some point. 

Great stuff! Let’s get this total raised and do our bit to create a stadium and team to be proud of. Onwards and forwards. Up the Vale. 

I think a Lorne St collection would have the best chance of success compared to a collection for the youth setup or better turnstiles or anything else. Maybe even better than a player fund in this day and age.

And it then frees up the which wouldn't need to be ringfenced over the next few years, to go elsewhere as Carol and her team see fit.

I think it's doable, hopefully the club would get involved with open days and other fund raising ideas. Ultimately the better infrastructure available the more potential for success (and the more capacity for charitable causes if that's the main motivation).

I think a few fans need to decide what they want from the owners. The current owners are clear that money coming into the club stays in the club. Expecting the owners to pay for everything without ever making a return is really expecting the owners to treat our club as a charity. If most fans put a pound in a bucket at each home game for a season that would pretty much sort the finance. Alternatively we could ask the Shanahans to sell to a business person who can stump up some investment and the take 5 or 6 % out of revenue out of the club as a return. Personally i like the current owners and their determination to run it for the community rather than profit. They've put up 5 million with no expectation of a return so i dont see contributing some money to enable disabled children enjoy football in a club not being run for personal gain as anything but a charitable contribution. 

Archived