onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

Advert

10 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

This is a terrible idea in my opinion.  I sincerely hope Carol puts a stop to it.

If fans have got £100k spare, then give it to charities that help people in desperate need and not to a privately owned business to create an asset.

Its socially irresponsible and crass.

It's a sad state of humanity when folk will find the money for a stand we dont need rather than for causes that help the vulnerable and yes I realise a few of you will already support other causes but give more rather than give to wealthy people who run two multi million pound companies.

Maybe Carol should have donated her £5m to a charity instead of buying Port Vale then.

Socially irresponsible and crass; buying a football team instead of donating it to the poor. Disgusting.

9 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

As a person who donates monthly to a national charity and volunteers with two local charities, like many others do, I’m not sure my conscience would allow me to donate money to a private company. This may sound selfish, but the day I can’t get a ticket due to all parts of the ground being full, then and only then I may consider it. I’m all for supporting C&K and will fir ever be eternally in debt to them fir saving my beloved PVFC, but are we trying to run before we are walking. ‘Championship ready’, wow that’s some ambition, but it could take years or never happen. There clubs who have more financial power than us that remain in the lower leagues. Let’s realise where we are now and do things gradually. The money from MCFC won’t go that far in today’s game. Does anyone actually know how much we made from that game.?

Hang on.

Are you having an issue with them being 'too ambitious'? With them wanting to have a club which would arrive in the Championship in the correct operational state?

They're not saying 'let's get consecutive promotions'. They're saying 'lets have the stadium, ticketing system, and commercial streams of a well-run Championship club so if and when we reach there (which Carol has stated is her target before retirement), we're ready to compete and not playing catch up'.

Vale fans taking issue with a fan-driven effort to finish a stadium that has been incomplete for 20 years, to ensure we have a purpose-built facility to cater for the young fans we are sorely lacking and finish an embarassment of a stand which signifies how tinpot we've been, is absolute classic Vale fans.

Fans visibly dismayed tha the owners want to improve the club's facilities and operating structure to a Championship level as we 'may never make it to the Championship' (give me f******* strength, Jesus wept!).

I'm failing to see any of the 'not for me' group suggest a practical, achievable, alternative fundraising effort.

"Don't like this, don't like that'. What would you rather we raised money for?

We demand ambition at the club!

How about finishing an unfinished stand to complete one of the best lower league grounds, and to provide a concourse for younger fans/fans with disabilities? Entirely fan-funded to ensure the owners can focus their money on contract extensions and signings, as the fans have been bleating on about it? We may not need it now, but a in the case of a plum-tie/playoff game/promotion push, it could make its money back in one game, and end the eyesore/reminder that the club has been in the mire for 20 years due to a litany of ownership shambles.

No, not that type of ambition! We'll never fill it. No point!

Ok; what would you like to see?

I don't know, but not that! We're never going to be in the Championship! Why donate to the Vale when poverty exists?

Think I'll log off for a few days. Pleasure chatting. Up the Whites.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Vale fans taking issue with a fan-driven effort to finish a stadium that has been incomplete for 20 years, to ensure we have a purpose-built facility to cater for the young fans we are sorely lacking and inish an embarassment of a stand which signifies how tinpot we've been, is absolute classic Vale fans. Fans visibly dismayed tha the owners want to improve the club's facilities and operating structure to a Championship level as we 'may never make it to the Championship' (give me f******* strength, Jesus wept!).

I'm failing to see any of the 'not for me' group suggest a practical, achievable alternative fundraising effort.

I take no pride in this, but I'm beginning to think it's a Stoke on Trent thing,anything new, bright, shiny and forward thinking immediately attracts criticism from some quarters.

34 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hang on.

Are you having an issue with them being 'too ambitious'? With them wanting to have a club which would arrive in the Championship in the correct operational state?

They're not saying 'let's get consecutive promotions'. They're saying 'lets have the stadium, ticketing system, and commercial streams of a well-run Championship club so if and when we reach there (which Carol has stated is her target before retirement), we're ready to compete and not playing catch up'.

Joe, crack on with it, donate your money, I’ll donate mine to the charities of my choice. I’ve no problem with ambition however when you set goals you have to make sure that they’re achievable. Didn’t someone on the radio say something along the lines that if Vale got promoted they’d need almost a new team, to stay up. As priorities go with the club this is a long way down the list. We need to continue to invest in the players, staying within our budget.

I've enjoyed and supported your posts, so I hope you don’t go into self exile.

5 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, crack on with it, donate your money, I’ll donate mine to the charities of my choice. I’ve no problem with ambition however when you set goals you have to make sure that they’re achievable. Didn’t someone on the radio say something along the lines that if Vale got promoted they’d need almost a new team, to stay up. As priorities go with the club this is a long way down the list. We need to continue to invest in the players, staying within our budget.

I've enjoyed and supported your posts, so I hope you don’t go into self exile.

The point of the donation is to spend outside the budget.

Out of interest, who is paying to have the seats installed? Hope it is not the vale as the concert should be paying. They want the seats to up the capacity, 2000 x £80 £160,000?

The stand does need doing away fans must laugh every time they come. We have no family stand need somewhere to bring young valiant1 so they get into Vale.

11 minutes ago, Properman said:

Out of interest, who is paying to have the seats installed? Hope it is not the vale as the concert should be paying. They want the seats to up the capacity, 2000 x £80 £160,000?

The stand does need doing away fans must laugh every time they come. We have no family stand need somewhere to bring young valiant1 so they get into Vale.

Most away fans in league 2 have nothing to laugh about. Barely any turn up anyway. Which fans are laughing at our ground? Aside from maybe Bradford, I’d not swap any of them for vale park. If anyone wants a laugh a Vale, they usually had a good one at our numerous nutty owners. Now resolved. 

Williams should pay, it is his gig. I agree. 

Very concerned that this debate has turned into an argument over the owners stumping up and the cheek at asking fans. 

29 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The point of the donation is to spend outside the budget.

Fosse, thank you for the reply. I have no problem with ppl doing whatever they want with their money. I’ve made up my mind that I will not be donating, but I won’t discourage others who want to donate. After the last few seasons I’m quite happy with our progress this season and as long as the football is entertaining I’m not too bothered which one of the top four leagues we ply our trade in.

Having gone on Saturday and had to experience the trouble with the turnstiles in the RP, I’d suggest that maintaining or updating them would be a priority. Did anyone else notice all the litter between RP and Bycars, I’m sure that the crowd on Saturday weren’t responsible for that amount of litter on the day.

13 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Fosse, thank you for the reply. I have no problem with ppl doing whatever they want with their money. I’ve made up my mind that I will not be donating, but I won’t discourage others who want to donate. After the last few seasons I’m quite happy with our progress this season and as long as the football is entertaining I’m not too bothered which one of the top four leagues we ply our trade in.

Having gone on Saturday and had to experience the trouble with the turnstiles in the RP, I’d suggest that maintaining or updating them would be a priority. Did anyone else notice all the litter between RP and Bycars, I’m sure that the crowd on Saturday weren’t responsible for that amount of litter on the day.

It would not surprise me if the turnstile were more than 70 years old, a touch of oil or swipe cards are the next step, where on the list they are I do not know.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Vale fans taking issue with a fan-driven effort to finish a stadium that has been incomplete for 20 years, to ensure we have a purpose-built facility to cater for the young fans we are sorely lacking and finish an embarassment of a stand which signifies how tinpot we've been, is absolute classic Vale fans.

Fans visibly dismayed tha the owners want to improve the club's facilities and operating structure to a Championship level as we 'may never make it to the Championship' (give me f******* strength, Jesus wept!).

I'm failing to see any of the 'not for me' group suggest a practical, achievable, alternative fundraising effort.

I’ll be honest, the reaction to some fans on this matter has completely taken me by surprise. I thought it would be a no- brainer for us all to stand as one and try to make our club better. 

I’m not sure whether they are on a wind up or simply do not see the benefits that finishing the Lorne Street will bring to the club. 

I really hope the fundraising is started soon and all Vale fans get behind it. This could potentially be the best era since the 90’s, so let’s back Carol and Kevin with anything we can afford to spare and get this club back where it belongs. Up the Vale. 

Archived