onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not strictly true, it could made “safe standing”, and I’d have been all for this, but, given the stated desire to make it family area, this is clearly a no go.

We would not get permission to make it  "safe standing" in time, Shrews are running a trial, in any case far more expensive than basic plastic seating.

Advert

There's some odd people in the world. I feel like sometimes people have to have a difference of opinion to make them feel better about themselves and to make them feel important. I can understand to some extent about spending in other areas, but the player budget is completely separate and it's never just a one off payment, it's an ongoing wage, signing fee, agent fee, medical fees that can go on and on for as long as the player is at the club.

Finishing Lorne Street is a one off fee. It's been a blight on us for years and it can't be attractive to investors, potential players, sponsors etc. Who wants to be associated with a club that has had an unfinished stadium for 20 years?

There's no debate to be had in my view, £100,000 is easily achievable with the right attitude. Let's see what the majority is amongst ALL supporters, not just the perceived or self recognised elite.

4 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

For those that have said it shouldn't be done as the money should go somewhere else. That isnt the option, it's just do you wan't the Supporters club to raise money to complete Lorne Street. If you say no, then it just means there won't be any money raised by the Supporters club and it will be done by fans without the Supporters club organising.

So I cannot see why anybody would be against.

Sadly ButtLane, some folk would be against their own company in an empty room...

The SC don't have a fund raised. This isn't a vote on how to spend it. This is proposing that a fan donation scheme be managed under the reputable name and organisation of the SC which is run by known, accountable people.

If the SC were not to be the face of the scheme, it would happen regardless, just more informally.

I'm understanding where the one or two detractors are coming from (money on the team rather than a concourse) but the premise of that argument is totally without foundation when you remember that the money will be raised regardless of whether the SC front it or not. So I'm not really seeing the issue. 

It's an embarrassing joke. The perfect symbol really for Bill Bratt, Deakin, Scumthwaite and Fradley. I'm sick of looking at it and being reminded of the damage caused to this club over such a long period of time that has left us in a similarly embarrassing league having to play decades worth of catch up. Those oxygen thieves are long gone - let's finally get it sorted and definitively close the chapter. 

Name on a seat scheme would potentially work well, the name on a brick/third shirt campaigns both sold out when they were run. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Rules said:

Sadly ButtLane, some folk would be against their own company in an empty room...

Just start the ball rolling and see where everyone working together can take us carol and kevin have done there bit they need our fanbase to show we are right behind them.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

This is a terrible idea in my opinion.  I sincerely hope Carol puts a stop to it.

If fans have got £100k spare, then give it to charities that help people in desperate need and not to a privately owned business to create an asset.

Its socially irresponsible and crass.

It's a sad state of humanity when folk will find the money for a stand we dont need rather than for causes that help the vulnerable and yes I realise a few of you will already support other causes but give more rather than give to wealthy people who run two multi million pound companies.

Carol already fund raises for local charities. There is a concert in June that will raise a lot of money for local charities. Its time we did something for our club.

This is a terrible idea in my opinion.  I sincerely hope Carol puts a stop to it.
If fans have got £100k spare, then give it to charities that help people in desperate need and not to a privately owned business to create an asset.
It's a sad state of humanity when folk will find the money for a stand we dont need rather than for causes that help the vulnerable and yes I realise a few of you will already support other causes but give more rather than give to wealthy people who run two multi million pound companies.
You do realise you can donate to charities and the club? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

WOW.......

18 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Besides, the club has just had a windfall.  They have obviously decided that spending any of that money on a Concorse would not be of any benefit at this time.  So why on earth are the fans wanting to bring something up the list of priorities that is deemed to be of little benefit to the club at this time?

I dont get it at all.  If you want to show support to Carol and the club, go and clear the shop out of its merchandise, get your season tickets, get in the ground early and spend your money there instead of in the pubs, book your functions there...  and then let the owners decide where that revenue best benefits the club.

Obviously........

8 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Thank you for your reply, regarding the sitting aspect, but what about the fact that we don’t completely own the ground.? 

I would suggest that if a price has been agreed, and payment made, however the payment details were structured, they own it all.... but it would depend on the contract agreed with Smurf, which I don't think we are privy to.

I doubt port vale purchased the club so I would suggest the owners, personaly, are responsible for the payments but I could be wrong.

Archived