onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

Surely if just half of the funds were raised to have the stand finished, Mr Williams could put his hands in his pocket to cover the other half? It's literally peanuts in comparison to what he is worth. I know he's done his bit for Vale in the past, but surely 'The Robbie Williams Stand' would be more than worth 5K for him? I'm sure there are regular Vale fans out there that aren't short of a Bob or two that would happily pay that kind of money to have a stand named after them! 

10K can easily be achieved. Perhaps people could pay a bit more to have their initials on the back of a chair? If just 100 people paid £50 for this then there's 5K right there! 

Advert

The only bits I can make out are 'montano whooooah, Montano whoooah'. Then there's a bit after that but try as I have I still haven't figured it out nor the tune! Joe?
Montano whooooah, Montano whooooah,
He came to play on the wing,
But now he's our left-back king,
Montano whooooah, Montano whooooah.

8 hours ago, philmpv said:
8 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:
Joe, can you please enlighten me and others to the Monty chant, perhaps it will then take off. Thanks

The only bits I can make out are 'montano whooooah, Montano whoooah'. Then there's a bit after that but try as I have I still haven't figured it out nor the tune! Joe?

Phil, thank you for your reply, that tune sounds like ‘ Volare’

If the money could be raised in donations to finish the stand then great

But if it means using usual funds for the stand OR strengthening the team then the team should come first.
Nice to finish that area at last but it’s not as if we need it at the moment

14 hours ago, Santa said:

It’s just the collective groans I think rather than anything coordinated. I wonder if some people have never been frustrated by a winger before. 

I think you are right Santa.

Fans of any club can moan at any player, it's a spur of the moment issue most times with frustration. With Vale, home or away, there are no concerted efforts by mobs of fans to get any one players back.

Social media is another matter entirely and again this occurs at any Club.

In general we Valiants back our Team. There will always be the odd few who should in no way detract from the massive overall picture.

Also going back to Playa Amodores post who suggested that Lorne Street fans may  be the ones Carol refers to...….I'm a Lorne Street season ticket holder and can say we are as voiceiferous and supportive of the Team as anywhere else in the stadium mate. Yes we have a few "loudmouths" but so does every section in the ground. We are NOT the culprits! 

7 hours ago, TylerB said:

Surely if just half of the funds were raised to have the stand finished, Mr Williams could put his hands in his pocket to cover the other half? It's literally peanuts in comparison to what he is worth. I know he's done his bit for Vale in the past, but surely 'The Robbie Williams Stand' would be more than worth 5K for him? I'm sure there are regular Vale fans out there that aren't short of a Bob or two that would happily pay that kind of money to have a stand named after them! 

10K can easily be achieved. Perhaps people could pay a bit more to have their initials on the back of a chair? If just 100 people paid £50 for this then there's 5K right there! 

The fans sponsor the the bottom family area and Robbie the top, so we can also increase our corporate income, togetherness builds success 

If the money could be raised in donations to finish the stand then great

But if it means using usual funds for the stand OR strengthening the team then the team should come first.
Nice to finish that area at last but it’s not as if we need it at the moment
Didn't Carol say the team came first ?

Well i'm with Carol and Kevin all the way they have paid well over the top to run our beloved club and i will be ever grateful to them for seeing the back of Smurthwaite. This season has seen a 100% improvement in the team and given our supporters something that we can be proud to follow again.Having been a fan for many years i for one am totally fed up of seeing a half finished lorne street stand for all these years.I think the supporters club and the fans ought to get together and set up a fund to help carol and kev to finally finish what was started all those years ago.Remember when we pulled together and bought Beckford i.m sure there is a lot of people out there who would gladly donate to help put an end to the eyesore of a unfinished stand come on you VALE fans help carol and kevin out let us work together and get this club where we all want be a successful family run football club that stoke-on-trent can be proud off.

12 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Well i'm with Carol and Kevin all the way they have paid well over the top to run our beloved club and i will be ever grateful to them for seeing the back of Smurthwaite. This season has seen a 100% improvement in the team and given our supporters something that we can be proud to follow again.Having been a fan for many years i for one am totally fed up of seeing a half finished lorne street stand for all these years.I think the supporters club and the fans ought to get together and set up a fund to help carol and kev to finally finish what was started all those years ago.Remember when we pulled together and bought Beckford i.m sure there is a lot of people out there who would gladly donate to help put an end to the eyesore of a unfinished stand come on you VALE fans help carol and kevin out let us work together and get this club where we all want be a successful family run football club that stoke-on-trent can be proud off.

The eyesore will be ended by installing seats for the concert, whether they are in use afterwards will not spoil the view. To me the priority is bringing a striker or 2 in. I would not expect any further work on the family area until the 21/22 season, thus allowing time to organise the gym re-location and funding.

30 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The eyesore will be ended by installing seats for the concert, whether they are in use afterwards will not spoil the view. To me the priority is bringing a striker or 2 in. I would not expect any further work on the family area until the 21/22 season, thus allowing time to organise the gym re-location and funding.

If we can raise the £100k for the concourse, then Carol can put the £100k earmarked for this into building a new gym/training facility on the bycars training ground, which would make us a more attractive prospect for potential players. 

22 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

It would take on average 5000 donating £20 or 10,000 £10.

I certainly think it is worth having a go. I’d happily donate to see that stand finally finished. 

And we extend the he invitation to all those 'extras' who attended the Man. City game 😎

13 hours ago, TylerB said:

It's £100k not £10k they need.

Archived