onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners

Iron Curtain

Good article in which Carol talks excellently about the negative impact of certain Vale fans who continually have a go at certain players.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-real-people-port-vale-3806486?fbclid=IwAR3H_jH7Bl-s911pYH38sHaTl3CjqGZa67dragTLtHbKzJGv16SSBolsgas

Lines of note include:

"There is one player - I am not going to name him - but I said to John (Askey), if he scored a hat trick at Man City they would still have a go at him. It's wrong because he doesn't deserve that and he is never going to play his best while he is having to deal with that all of the time"

"They talk about footballers as if they are something off a FIFA game or Football Manager. They are real people with feelings. They might be going through something in their life. Everybody doesn't have to know about it but you have to assume that, if they are not really 100 per cent,  then there will be a reason for it."

Those that continually aim personal abuse or relentless negative comments at certain players would be wise to ask themselves what benefit its doing for the club? I suspect the answer will be zero... and therefore its to soothe their own weird obsessions and actually has a negative impact on Port Vale.

Advert

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-real-people-port-vale-3806486?fbclid=IwAR0XTiTtliMLLFVcRVpIkuoTyANT2Rv8OoaXfgo8jq-tGADg2nVXnectY3A

I make no apology in posting another Carol comment,the club environment is obviously in a better place than it has ever been,an owner who really does care, just how lucky are we ?

With this in mind and with Carols "Hint" that if anyone has a spare 100k to help finish the Lorne Street seating conundrum, I was wondering if some form of fund raising could be instigated to perhaps part fund the project.

It would also be a way of thanking the Shanahan family for putting their faith not only in the football club but also the surrounding area. 

I remember the Darren Beckford fund and that did OK,it's just a thought and I hope I dont have to get my tin hat as fans say we pay enough already as I say it's just a thought.

I think if it is just 100k, fans could help given Stevenage funded their new stand solely off fan donations. 

However RW should pay up. It is his gig and I’m sure he has spent more in strip clubs down the years. The gig has put unwanted pressure on getting a stand finished which was demanded by the gig, not by the club or fans. 

Charity causes are great but if it costs the club an extra 100k, then it is us being exploited. 

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

She is right but sadly always an obvious element of following Vale. My big concern is the boo boys turning on the owner. 

Smurfwaite was positive in one sense. He was so hated, it deflected any criticism away from players and onto him! 

There  isn't enough 'boo boys' to make an impact.

Just another minority seeking attention.

4 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

It would take on average 5000 donating £20 or 10,000 £10.

I certainly think it is worth having a go. I’d happily donate to see that stand finally finished. 

Wonder how much the seats cost per? Could look at maybe sponsoring seats or having names on...or some other similar idea? Fans more likely to engage if they get something out of it or some sort of collective recognition.

• Fosse69 changed the title to Carol speaks again...../Calls out the Moaners
https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-real-people-port-vale-3806486?fbclid=IwAR0XTiTtliMLLFVcRVpIkuoTyANT2Rv8OoaXfgo8jq-tGADg2nVXnectY3A
I make no apology in posting another Carol comment,the club environment is obviously in a better place than it has ever been,an owner who really does care, just how lucky are we ?
With this in mind and with Carols "Hint" that if anyone has a spare 100k to help finish the Lorne Street seating conundrum, I was wondering if some form of fund raising could be instigated to perhaps part fund the project.
It would also be a way of thanking the Shanahan family for putting their faith not only in the football club but also the surrounding area. 
I remember the Darren Beckford fund and that did OK,it's just a thought and I hope I dont have to get my tin hat as fans say we pay enough already as I say it's just a thought.
I remember chipping in for Beckford, didnt get owt back when they flogged him though!!
Seriously though, I think the fans raised 12k and in return we got a cracking center forward, worth every penny.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wonder how much the seats cost per? Could look at maybe sponsoring seats or having names on...or some other similar idea? Fans more likely to engage if they get something out of it or some sort of collective recognition.

How many seats will there be in the Family area? I thought about 2,000. So any donating above a certain amount could have their name on a seat.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The RNLI have done this to raise 250k for a new boat. If you donate £30 you can have a loved ones name painted on the boats Hull.

Archived