Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Doha said:

What are you on about now? 

Trumps sister, the retired Judge, said he is an ''unprincipled phoney" who "has no principles."

His niece, the practising psychologist, said he has narcissistic personality disorder and is a " psychologically deeply damaged man."

Don't make things up. 

 

did you not notice the emoji?🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a difference between not accepting the result and not agreeing with the result.  I accepted it would happen but that doesn't make me think it's the right thing to do.  The Brexiteers have been

Grammar.

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame. The result

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TheSage said:

The UK is sinking slowly into the mire. But never mind. We've got new passports that limit our ability to travel, study, work or retire in 27 other countries, increasing costs, form filling and no doubt delays. Wonderful. I'm so pleased. When I'm stuck in a slower queue, when I'm forced to pay a lot more for my travel insurance and pay more for my hire car I can console myself with the fact that I've got a black passport while my friends on the continent look at me with sympathy and amazement.

Cheer up Sage,you remainers should be used to all these disappointing events by now.It's what the majority voted for and it's about time the minority finally accepted that we have left and move on.

As Roy Orbison once said "It's Over".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Cheer up Sage,you remainers should be used to all these disappointing events by now.It's what the majority voted for and it's about time the minority finally accepted that we have left and move on.

As Roy Orbison once said "It's Over".

Over, it hasn`t  even started. How many tariffs  on our imports is Johnson promising now? Does he not realise it will drive food prices up for us to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Keep it up RB.  Sovereignty means Sovereignty until Brexiteers don't want it to mean Sovereignty and then you don't necessarily support parliment...

I think you have turned yourself inside out feller.

Haha no attempt to engage a single point I made, just complete denial of the facts.

 

You do realise you are basically asking me what I think of something, I'm telling you what I think, and then you are saying "no, you are wrong, you think this other thing"?

 

Just to be crystal clear for you....

 

Parliament can legislate to create rules around prorogation. They hadn't done so though, the authority to prorogue parliament is from the crown and common law conventions. (Basically, it's an unwritten rule that the PM asks the Queen to do it and she can't really refuse, if she ever did refuse, it would probably result in the end of the moncarchy)

At judicial review, the court found that the reasons for the prorogation were not lawful and therefore quashed it.

 

The actual ACT of proroguing is not anti-democratic, or against parliamentary sovereignty. The court decided that there wasn't sufficient reason for the length of the break.

 

A UK citizen democratically voting in favour of the UK Parliament regaining its sovereign power is not the same argument as the Government being sovereign or even not wanting Parliament to be sovereign in one particular moment because it's not convenient. It's just not. However much you want to misrepresent the views of brexiteers.

 

You'd do well to stop misrepresenting our views. It doesn't end well for you in elections.

 

 

 

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

But they should not do it by overruling the legislature like they did when they allowed no time to scrutinise the Withdrawal Agreement before pushing it to a vote. W

The legislature voted it through.

It was obviously intentional to give as little time as possible for scruitiny, I'm not denying that, but Parliament could have voted it down. Instead they voted for it.

5 hours ago, TheSage said:

The UK is sinking slowly into the mire. But never mind. We've got new passports that limit our ability to travel, study, work or retire in 27 other countries, increasing costs, form filling and no doubt delays. Wonderful. I'm so pleased. When I'm stuck in a slower queue, when I'm forced to pay a lot more for my travel insurance and pay more for my hire car I can console myself with the fact that I've got a black passport while my friends on the continent look at me with sympathy and amazement.

Woe is me.

 

No one cares about whether you have to go into the left hand queue or the right hand queue at passport control.

 

You'd think you can't pretty much freely travel round the entire world with very little effort based on the absolute garbage these remainers peddle.

 

People voted to leave the EU based on far more important things then which queue TheSage has to stand in at the airport, or whether he has to fill a form in which would take 2 minutes (something which you have to do if you are travelling in the eu at the moment anyway due to covid). And another little secret, it had zero to do with the colour of our passports.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord Keen is the latest top legal government official to resign. Glad he's seen the difference between right and wrong and decided he can't support breaking the law, breaking the commitment made to the EU, and breaking the promise the government made in their manifesto last year.

I hope the Lords puts the skids under this illegal action and restores some integrity and honesty to us all.

No one is above the law. Nor should they be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Haha no attempt to engage a single point I made, just complete denial of the facts.

 

You do realise you are basically asking me what I think of something, I'm telling you what I think, and then you are saying "no, you are wrong, you think this other thing"?

 

Just to be crystal clear for you....

 

Parliament can legislate to create rules around prorogation. They hadn't done so though, the authority to prorogue parliament is from the crown and common law conventions. (Basically, it's an unwritten rule that the PM asks the Queen to do it and she can't really refuse, if she ever did refuse, it would probably result in the end of the moncarchy)

At judicial review, the court found that the reasons for the prorogation were not lawful and therefore quashed it.

 

The actual ACT of proroguing is not anti-democratic, or against parliamentary sovereignty. The court decided that there wasn't sufficient reason for the length of the break.

 

A UK citizen democratically voting in favour of the UK Parliament regaining its sovereign power is not the same argument as the Government being sovereign or even not wanting Parliament to be sovereign in one particular moment because it's not convenient. It's just not. However much you want to misrepresent the views of brexiteers.

 

You'd do well to stop misrepresenting our views. It doesn't end well for you in elections.

 

 

 

The legislature voted it through.

It was obviously intentional to give as little time as possible for scruitiny, I'm not denying that, but Parliament could have voted it down. Instead they voted for it.

Woe is me.

 

No one cares about whether you have to go into the left hand queue or the right hand queue at passport control.

 

You'd think you can't pretty much freely travel round the entire world with very little effort based on the absolute garbage these remainers peddle.

 

People voted to leave the EU based on far more important things then which queue TheSage has to stand in at the airport, or whether he has to fill a form in which would take 2 minutes (something which you have to do if you are travelling in the eu at the moment anyway due to covid). And another little secret, it had zero to do with the colour of our passports.

 

 

 

You skirt around the FACT that Johnson attempted to run roughshod over soveriegn parliment with his poroguing.  He lied to the Queen about those reasons and was caught with his pants on fire when the judiciary put a stop to it.

Boris bangs on about Sovereignty, as do all you brexiteers but then he decided that he was not happy dancing to the tune of the Sovereign Parliment he so desperately champions so he tries to shut it down to get his own way....

Further more, the likes of yourself continue to try and explain it all away as a sovereign parliment in action, its hilarious.

Boris Johnson and his goverment are rogues, liars and thieves.  Yes thieves, they have siphoned off billions to mates during this pandemic.  They point at the evil EU and you lap it up.  Its very sad really.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, For Us All said:

Cheer up Sage,you remainers should be used to all these disappointing events by now.It's what the majority voted for and it's about time the minority finally accepted that we have left and move on.

As Roy Orbison once said "It's Over".

That's Johnson's theme tune.  The worst PM we've seen in decades. 

You Brexiteers should be worried that despite winning the referendum and despite winning two elections since you're still talking about breaching a treaty in order to bring about the promised land of Brexit.  Have you shorted the pound as well??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Boris Johnson and his goverment are rogues, liars and thieves.  Yes thieves, they have siphoned off billions to mates during this pandemic.  They point at the evil EU and you lap it up.  Its very sad really.

What he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Lord Keen is the latest top legal government official to resign. Glad he's seen the difference between right and wrong and decided he can't support breaking the law, breaking the commitment made to the EU, and breaking the promise the government made in their manifesto last year.

I hope the Lords puts the skids under this illegal action and restores some integrity and honesty to us all.

No one is above the law. Nor should they be. 

And i hope some integrity and honestly comes from the eu...if not and boris fails, we will have hung NI out to dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That's Johnson's theme tune.  The worst PM we've seen in decades. 

You Brexiteers should be worried that despite winning the referendum and despite winning two elections since you're still talking about breaching a treaty in order to bring about the promised land of Brexit.  Have you shorted the pound as well??

the root cause of all these problems etc, baring covis, but you will probably blame that on boris, is the fact that you could not accept the 3 result...simples, live with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

And i hope some integrity and honestly comes from the eu...if not and boris fails, we will have hung NI out to dry.

Er, I think you will find the people that campaigned for Brexit and the people that voted to leave hung NI out to dry.  Not a single one of you gave the Irish a second thought.

The remainers didn't need to think about it because we wanted things as they were so had no need to actually think beyond waving a flag, banging our chests and stopping those tens of millions of Syrians and Romanians from swarming to the UK.

I am afraid the NI issue is of nobodies making except Boris, Gove, Farage and all those that blindly voted claiming they knew what they were voting for.  Clearly you didn't, otherwise Ireland, the sticking point on Day 1, the reason May was axed, wouldn't be a problem any more.

You are going to risk reignited the troubles for a nice new passport with words that FUA likes on the front....  thats not at the EUs door, thats firmly at the door of the Brexiteers who have been promising since the day they realised they had forgotten all about Ireland that there would be no border.  Tell me, how could they make that promise when they only had control over one side of it?  And who do you think the Irish will blame?  Its a cluster <ovf censored> because nobody on the side of Brexit was clever enough to actually understand what they were doing, like it or not...  you all forgot about Ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Davebrad said:

the root cause of all these problems etc, baring covis, but you will probably blame that on boris, is the fact that you could not accept the 3 result...simples, live with it.

no its not and on the night of the result, Nigel himself declared that they will carry on campaigning when he thought they had lost...  the root cause is that nobody who voted for Brexit thought about Ireland.  Its your fault, nobody else's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

the root cause of all these problems etc, baring covis, but you will probably blame that on boris, is the fact that you could not accept the 3 result...simples, live with it.

I'm living with it - have been for ages.  Doesn't mean I like it.  And doesn't mean I like the way people on the Brexit side of the debate do nothing but gloat and pretend everything is wonderful.  It is clearly a complete bugger's muddle and with Johnson in charge, a man who has to have his briefs provide in pictures he is so lazy, it is likely to continue so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

no its not and on the night of the result, Nigel himself declared that they will carry on campaigning when he thought they had lost...  the root cause is that nobody who voted for Brexit thought about Ireland.  Its your fault, nobody else's.

thats it, your losing, blame everyone else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy