Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

8 hours ago, Joe B said:

Maybe an element of truth.

There are also a number of racists who dwell in Britain. Attempting to cover this up is as foolish as 'the lefts' attempts to create them.

Agreed and I also think it is fantastic that no one covers them up.

They're plastered on the front of every newspaper or the video clips of their vile opinion goes viral instantly nowadays.

12 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame.

The result is accepted, it's happened.  That does not mean that we should just walk away and say nothing, that's not how democracy works.  In a truly democratic society the opposition isnt expected to be silent and just nod along, they are expected to argue the case and in turn that keeps the other side honest.

On this occasion it seems that Brexiteers idea of democracy is more aligned with North Korean ideals where the opposition is crushed, silenced and ignored.  

It's very much up to those in power (the brexiteers led by chief brexiteer BJ himself) to unite the country.  Indeed it's only those in power that can unite the country except for one thing, they very much prefer division because the Tory mantra since Maggie has been Divide and Conquer.

I cant wait for the extra £350 Million a week to head to the NHS.  I have been waiting since December 2018 for treatment but what I need has not been available due to funding issues.  I expect a letter next week as funding wont be an issue anymore.  I wont hold my breath like....

I'll accept 90% of that post as lets agree to disagree.

BUT THEN YOU SAID NORTH KOREA 😂

That is so delusional that I don't think any reasonable person can believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

More banter?

Let me try some.  Have all the lady boys gone to bed now?

It shows how much you think....... 1 hour ago when you posted it was 4pm here.

Secondly why do you assume ladyboys are just about at night?

It's an accepted part of life and society here, you can meet them working in the shops and supermarkets, hospitals, government etc etc. If you decide to come over I would be happy to introduce you to some....... saves you scurrying around the night markets wondering..... or you could just ask them.... if you have the testicular fortitude.

• Haha 1

just seen this on the internet news,

it was posted in a block of flats in Norwich:

HAPPY BREXIT DAY

It said: “As we finally have our great country back we feel there is one rule to that needs to be made clear to residents.

“We do not tolerate people speaking other languages than English in the flats. We are now our own country again and the the Queens English [sic] is the spoken tongue here.

“If you do want to speak whatever is the mother tongue of the country you came from then we suggest you return to that place and return your flat to the council so they can let British people live here and we can return to what was normality before you infected this once great island.

“It is a simple choice obey the rule of the majority or leave. You won’t have long till our government will implement rules that will put British first. So, best evolve or leave.”

“God Save the Queen, her government and all true patriots.”

In a statement, Norwich City Council said: “Norwich has a proud history of being a welcoming city, and we will not tolerate this behaviour. 

“As soon as we became aware of this incident, we reported it to Norfolk Police and they are investigating,” the council added.

Now you report your house has been burgled, car damaged or ... I could go on but you get what I mean, but as this is deemed a hate crime the police are investigating... marvellous.

Edited by Davebrad

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

just seen this on the internet news,

it was posted in a block of flats in Norwich:

HAPPY BREXIT DAY

It said: “As we finally have our great country back we feel there is one rule to that needs to be made clear to residents.

“We do not tolerate people speaking other languages than English in the flats. We are now our own country again and the the Queens English [sic] is the spoken tongue here.

“If you do want to speak whatever is the mother tongue of the country you came from then we suggest you return to that place and return your flat to the council so they can let British people live here and we can return to what was normality before you infected this once great island.

“It is a simple choice obey the rule of the majority or leave. You won’t have long till our government will implement rules that will put British first. So, best evolve or leave.”

“God Save the Queen, her government and all true patriots.”

In a statement, Norwich City Council said: “Norwich has a proud history of being a welcoming city, and we will not tolerate this behaviour. 

“As soon as we became aware of this incident, we reported it to Norfolk Police and they are investigating,” the council added.

Now you report your house has been burgled, car damaged or ... I could go on but you get what I mean, but as this is deemed a hate crime the police are investigating... marvellous.

It is also a crime against the use of the apostrophe and other punctuation.

15 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame.

The result is accepted, it's happened.  That does not mean that we should just walk away and say nothing, that's not how democracy works.  In a truly democratic society the opposition isnt expected to be silent and just nod along, they are expected to argue the case and in turn that keeps the other side honest.

On this occasion it seems that Brexiteers idea of democracy is more aligned with North Korean ideals where the opposition is crushed, silenced and ignored.  

It's very much up to those in power (the brexiteers led by chief brexiteer BJ himself) to unite the country.  Indeed it's only those in power that can unite the country except for one thing, they very much prefer division because the Tory mantra since Maggie has been Divide and Conquer.

I cant wait for the extra £350 Million a week to head to the NHS.  I have been waiting since December 2018 for treatment but what I need has not been available due to funding issues.  I expect a letter next week as funding wont be an issue anymore.  I wont hold my breath like....

The opposition is only "crushed, silenced & ignored" because they failed to understand the electorate and have now become an irrelevance with so far, nothing to say--has nothing to do with your ridiculous analogy about North Korean dictatorship--get real for goodness sake and accept that unless Labour wakes up, there's not going to be a sensible opposition and I personally find that quite sad!

Just now, Bycarsbill said:

The opposition is only "crushed, silenced & ignored" because they failed to understand the electorate and have now become an irrelevance with so far, nothing to say--has nothing to do with your ridiculous analogy about North Korean dictatorship--get real for goodness sake and accept that unless Labour wakes up, there's not going to be a sensible opposition and I personally find that quite sad!

I may have misunderstood but I thought the "opposition" whom Nofinikea was referring to were the remain voters rather than the Labour Party.  The Leavers have constantly been telling folk who disagreed with them to shut up and stay silent, hence his North Korea analogy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

It's not just sad mate..... in my opinion it's bloody dangerous 

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

In my opinion you are an odious individual who exists solely to stir the pot whenever that may be.  You were very much guilty of it during the original fight against V2001 and deliberately misquoted from one message board to another to create problems.  You held one opinion on here under one user name and a completely different one elsewhere under another username.  You are in my opinion a horrible person.

Oh dear, my feelings are so untouched by your inane drivel I'm almost lost for words....... not really 555.

My initial post on ovf highlighted my concern about V2001, before I knew what was afoot. Because of my circumstances at the time I was considering making a donation..... after doing some reading on this wonderful forum I came to the conclusion that something was amiss.... which I stated and was heavily criticised for, which didn't change my opinion any.

I later joined PVO using a name my 4th wife gave me. That didn't change my opinion. I did, I think, pick up some statements/opinions and repost on the other side to join up the argument as it was a little fragmented. My opinion regarding V2001, which I was quite vocal about, never improved.

I did have a few battles with Glenn, on various platforms, which I also reposted...... although I never posted his PMs. So I'm not sure precisely what you make reference to. I think most people on PVO knew who I was after a few posts, I never hid or denied it, and I doubt anyone cared...... although it has apparently disturbed your fragile nature.

I don't give a rat's ass what you think of me and I'm to polite to offer what I think of you...... although I may have dropped a hint or so along the way.