Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a difference between not accepting the result and not agreeing with the result.  I accepted it would happen but that doesn't make me think it's the right thing to do.  The Brexiteers have been

Grammar.

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame. The result

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I don't know how many want to come.

I suspect it's more than the estimated 7,000 or so in Calais and less than 736m.

Can you answer my questions now please?

So the 736M number isn't as good as any to make your point is it.  Surely a more realistic estimate of what the actual numbers might be would serve the argument more honestly.  

what question?

Edited by Nofinikea

Sunny uplands update.

Another lorry park planned for Hull. Thousands of trucks, delays, mountains of paper work and new forms required.  Goes along with the 4 already planned for Kent.

Expensive stupidity.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Just wondered as it seems quite ironic that brexiteers are defending Yaxleys right to flee to an EU country...

It just seems a bit hypocritical.

And remainers are defending terrorists coming in to the U.K.

10 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Really?  Show me where remainers have defended terrorists coming to the UK?

Unless you are insinuating that the people trying to cross the channel are terrorists...  is that it?

54 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Really?  Show me where remainers have defended terrorists coming to the UK?

Unless you are insinuating that the people trying to cross the channel are terrorists...  is that it?

Are you not a remainer?

Did you not say we should welcome anybody with free movement?

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Most of the terrorist attacks in this country were committed by blokes who  born here rather than swam the Channel.

6 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Just wondered as it seems quite ironic that brexiteers are defending Yaxleys right to flee to an EU country...

It just seems a bit hypocritical.

Strange statement.

Leaving country of origin and entering another legally would be supported by everyone, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I watched a video of a racist bloke getting knocked out on the tube the other day.

I have also seen horrible videos of innocent bystanders getting king hit by drunks.

I felt a lot more sorry for one than the other. 

Part of the oddity is that people want to stop racism but not the sale of alcohol. 

On 21/08/2020 at 23:04, Jacko51 said:

But granting asylum is not automatic.  There are hoops to jump through and it can take ages.  People have a right to apply for asylum.  The government is not required to grant that asylum unless they are satisfied that the claim is genuine.

Spot on,that's one of the reasons people are trying to get into the UK,because other countries like France refuse them asylum.That's what happened to the young man that tragically died.

8 hours ago, geosname said:

Strange statement.

Leaving country of origin and entering another legally would be supported by everyone, wouldn't it?

Yes, Yaxley is entitled to leave the UK and go to Spain freely, at lease for now.  The irony is, those jumping to his defence voted for that to not be the case anymore.  There is a very good chance that Yaxley himself voted to end that freedom of movement too...

So Geo, why is that strange?  Its an incredibly easy concept to grasp, it was from the first post you called strange too.