Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a difference between not accepting the result and not agreeing with the result.  I accepted it would happen but that doesn't make me think it's the right thing to do.  The Brexiteers have been

Grammar.

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame. The result

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, geosname said:

Why would they have to travel to Europe when they are in it...... do they do geography in Scotland? ...... apart from where the pubs are which is essential.

Because the papers are saying we are leaving Europe.

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

hi morning hic hic, happy independence day, sun shining...what a great day to be alive.

is that a eu, sorry was that a eu law, or a British law?...

British, passed by our Parliament. I’ve sent the old bill round to sort you out!!

36 minutes ago, For Us All said:

If we can do it on New Years Eve I think we should be allowed to celebrate our Independence Day?🇬🇧 👍🍺 👍

I thought we were effectively still in it until the end of the year??

I heard practising Catholic Anne Widdicombe being hateful on the radio this morning. It’s true, God loves a good atheist more than a bad Christian!

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought we were effectively still in it until the end of the year??

I heard practising Catholic Anne Widdicombe being hateful on the radio this morning. It’s true, God loves a good atheist more than a bad Christian!

Who was she hateful towards?

32 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

People who had voted remain. 

Oh my word..... not those nice remainers who called leave voters thick, stupid racists....... shocking..... or was it about those nice left wing student types who left their safe spaces to cry about losing the futures they might have .... if someone was stupid enough to think a PhD in lesbian dance theory would secure a high salary and perks in a capitalist society... oh dear.... what is the world coming to.

5 hours ago, For Us All said:

Nothing wrong with signing up for a decent trade deal.

Labour during that general election campaigned to leave the European trading block and got heavily beaten when Maggie Thatcher won a landslide--even back then, Labour was on the wrong side of the argument!  Will they ever learn?  Clearly not , judging by their leadership campaign so far!!!

3 hours ago, geosname said:

Oh my word..... not those nice remainers who called leave voters thick, stupid racists....... shocking..... or was it about those nice left wing student types who left their safe spaces to cry about losing the futures they might have .... if someone was stupid enough to think a PhD in lesbian dance theory would secure a high salary and perks in a capitalist society... oh dear.... what is the world coming to.

Hypocrisy 

I think you have had a break down there.

Why are you getting angry at people who don't exist

8 hours ago, Joe B said:

I find the people in Parliament Square/releasing fireworks equally out of the real world.

Popping champagne over withdrawl of a POLITICAL UNION?

The extremists of both sides are a bit strange. I won't comment on your 'match report' post.

Sure I cant tempt you in for a comment on my match report joke? 

20 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Nah I think celebrating a humiliating defeat for those attacking our democracy is fair game. 

How were the 48% of people who voted to remain in the referendum attacking democracy?  

It's quite obvious that Brexiteers have no interest in uniting the country again and this will ultimately be the failing of the whole sorry episode.  Give it a few years and you will all be begging the EU to take us back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I wish people would stop quoting the Beagle's rubbish.  What's humiliating about losing a vote by less than 4%??

nothing in losing it,its just hard luck, the humiliating thing is not accepting the result...

• Thanks 3