Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

On 14/07/2020 at 14:56, tommytunstall said:

Do you think the 52% voted for the Right wing Tory party version, to crash out regardless, costing us millions, just to satisfy Mogg and his gentry. There will not be jobs created by this, but we will lose thousands of jobs with a crash out. I agree people voted to get out, not knowing the consequences. We have had two U turns already today, perhaps if people see sense there is still hope.

We voted for it in 2015, we voted for it 2017, our votes resulted in an overwhelming tory majority on 2019.

It was a very cute argument in 2016 that the TYPE of brexit had no mandate. It was clever but actually ineffective as an argument. It's downright untrue today to say that we have not had a vote on "crashing out"

We gave the tories an 82 seat majority knowing full well that no deal was rightfully back on the table.

Also, isn't this Tory Government the most left wing tory Government in history? They're not particularly right wing on many issues at all.

Edited by Regal Beagle

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well said Neville.

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame. The result

Grammar.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

We voted for it in 2015, we voted for it 2017, our votes resulted in an overwhelming tory majority on 2019.

It was a very cute argument in 2016 that the TYPE of brexit had no mandate. It was clever but actually ineffective as an argument. It's downright untrue today to say that we have not had a vote on "crashing out"

We gave the tories an 82 seat majority knowing full well that no deal was rightfully back on the table.

Also, isn't this Tory Government the most left wing tory Government in history? They're not particularly right wing on many issues at all.

Welcome to the wacky Right wing world of RB.

He thinks this is a Left Wing Government, what poppycock, this Cabinet has 2 criteria for entry, Right Wing, and anti EU.

He then says the current inquiry saw no evidence of Russian interference in the Brexit campaign. No they did not look at it because Cummings would not comply or assist the inquiry. In other words sweep it under the carpet. Why would they do that if there was nothing to hide.

26 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Welcome to the wacky Right wing world of RB.

He thinks this is a Left Wing Government, what poppycock, this Cabinet has 2 criteria for entry, Right Wing, and anti EU.

He then says the current inquiry saw no evidence of Russian interference in the Brexit campaign. No they did not look at it because Cummings would not comply or assist the inquiry. In other words sweep it under the carpet. Why would they do that if there was nothing to hide.

Do you just call everything right wing? 😂 They've just paid 25% of the national workforce to sit at home for 4 months. That's pretty left wing to me.

Perhaps you could give some examples of the right wing things the cabinet has done?

So you are saying that not looking for something is evidence of something existing? And you are calling me wacky?

8 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Do you just call everything right wing? 😂 They've just paid 25% of the national workforce to sit at home for 4 months. That's pretty left wing to me.

Perhaps you could give some examples of the right wing things the cabinet has done?

So you are saying that not looking for something is evidence of something existing? And you are calling me wacky?

I am saying not complying with the inquiry is extremely dodgy, why would this Cabinet do that if they have nothing to hide.

16 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

I am saying not complying with the inquiry is extremely dodgy, why would this Cabinet do that if they have nothing to hide.

Don't know, why did the previous remain supporting cabinets also turn a blind eye?

27 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

The Russian involvement with the Government /Tory party over the last 10 years is well known, apart from the laundry aspects. in London.

Complete tin foil grassy knoll stuff. 

Cummings went to russia therefore brexit was rigged.

Why didn't they bother rigging the general elections or Tory leadership contests? How did they manage to rig a referendum without the support of barely any senior Tories? 

Its fantasy without some evidence. Even some logic as to how and why they would do it, would be great. 

As a brexit voter who has seen some of the more militant remainers stop at absolutely nothing to try and reverse the brexit vote, this smacks of complete convenience.

A mysterious foreign body rigging the result in a way which has not and likely will never be able to be proven (or disproven). Very good indeed, what do you actually want to happen? A new vote? Why not 6 new votes? Why not scrap votes, enlist the military and go full coup d'etat?

It follows a very similar mud slinging pattern. It'll be something else in 2 weeks.

It will be easy one day. Probably have to move the axe-grinders on in the EU.

Get some fresh eyes on it, people who will actually view it as a mutually beneficial trade deal and not a political face saving expedition. No reason why we can't have a fantastic trade deal with the EU.

They want to trade. We want to trade. We will have very close regulatory alignment. What's stopping it, other than them playing silly buggers with fishing waters and complete regulatory alignment? Why do they expect more from us than they do from any other nation they have an agreement with?

Plus, this is all still posturing. If the deal is getting done, it's getting done at the 11th hour in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

It will be easy one day. Probably have to move the axe-grinders on in the EU.

Get some fresh eyes on it, people who will actually view it as a mutually beneficial trade deal and not a political face saving expedition. No reason why we can't have a fantastic trade deal with the EU.

They want to trade. We want to trade. We will have very close regulatory alignment. What's stopping it, other than them playing silly buggers with fishing waters and complete regulatory alignment? Why do they expect more from us than they do from any other nation they have an agreement with?

Plus, this is all still posturing. If the deal is getting done, it's getting done at the 11th hour in my opinion.

Do you have insider information, that the fault of a No deal is the EU.

7 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Do you have insider information, that the fault of a No deal is the EU.

Both sides have to play it to the wire to save face no matter what the outcome.

The EU don't want others to follow suite and want to show how good they are if a deal is struck.

The UK want a whipping boy if there is no deal (EU) and to show how good they are if a deal is done.

I think there will be a deal...... anyone's guess if it's a good one..... and a few last minute concessions from both sides to get it over the line.... both sides claiming a last minute victory.

42 minutes ago, geosname said:

Both sides have to play it to the wire to save face no matter what the outcome.

The EU don't want others to follow suite and want to show how good they are if a deal is struck.

The UK want a whipping boy if there is no deal (EU) and to show how good they are if a deal is done.

I think there will be a deal...... anyone's guess if it's a good one..... and a few last minute concessions from both sides to get it over the line.... both sides claiming a last minute victory.

I don't think this government led by Boris want a deal.

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Of course they dont. That is why Mogg and his chums have been so quiet, they have been promised.

Why do Boris and Co keep rabbiting on about Brexit and the referendum in relation to the Russia Report?  Using this argument is simply a red herring which tries to avert scrutiny from the fact the the UK government has for years failed to recognise the risks to the country's security from Russian activities. 

Why don't people start asking why Johnson sat on the report for nearly a year before publishing it?

Why did he try to get his poodle Grayling as the leader of the intelligence and security committee so he could bury the report for even longer?

Why did he remove the Tory whip from Julian Lewis who actually beat Grayling fair and square in the vote?

This is nothing to do with Brexit - it's to do with a Tory government, under various leaders, who failed adequately to protect the security of its citizens. 

• Confused 1

Why is no one talking about other foreign Governments who are trying to scuttle the UK by meddling in our politics? That's what I want to know. I can give you clear evidence of the EU interfereing with the brexit referendum.