• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Schiphol? I was there last about 4 yrs ago and can’t recall seperate passport controls for EU or none EU. You go through passport control as soon as you enter the building after checking bags in and again once more by the gate. 

As a British passenger, you may no longer use the automated passport control system upon arrival. Instead, follow the ‘all passports’ signs to a manual desk. You may still use the automated passport control system upon departure, however. The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee will then stamp your passport. In addition, British passengers travelling to or from the Netherlands must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after their travel date. The passport may not be more than 10 years old.

Just now, hillmanhunter said:

As a British passenger, you may no longer use the automated passport control system upon arrival. Instead, follow the ‘all passports’ signs to a manual desk. You may still use the automated passport control system upon departure, however. The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee will then stamp your passport. In addition, British passengers travelling to or from the Netherlands must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after their travel date. The passport may not be more than 10 years old.

This is correct and what I observed. Must have changed since philpvfc went

Just now, ginge said:

Maybe just one of those things we took for granted. Every Swiss airport has always had one line for EU/CH and one for everyone else.

Advert:

1 hour ago, ginge said:

Crikey,how are we going to survive?

I'd pick the manual desk every time if I had a choice.

Advert:

3 hours ago, ginge said:

No suprise where we are

You have to be careful with projections/predictions......

Some people were convinced jezza would be PM.

Some were certain brexit wouldn't happen.

The list is endless..........

I didn't want to derail the thread about the Leopard pub any further than keeping the virtue signallers accountable for their words.

But....Can anyone explain to me who on earth is winning in a story where if we believe the two guys who have been jailed for caring for a cannabis grow, they were preyed upon by English channel coyotes to the tune of €16k which appears to have been on credit. Of course they paid this because they're fleeing the war in Albania and were just so desperate to save their own lives that they left their family there whilst they risked their lives in a dinghy to get to the UK. One year later and they've presumably not been able to lawfully work and so are at the mercy of criminals who recruit them to grow drugs for them but don't pay them and threaten them into compliance.

They get arrested, jailed and will possibly be deported back to war torn Albania. The criminals have lost a grow but otherwise are apparently at large. The coyotes have I would have thought made a killing from the initial crossing and whatever they've extorted from their victims. 

Then for the local population this whole story then leaves us with a favourite and historically significant landmark being used as a production plant for drugs which has now burned to the ground. Traffic chaos for weeks and an unsightly building site blighting an already pretty scummy high street. 

So how can we stop it from happening? Surely none of the virtuous on here think that this situation is desirable in any way shape for form?

11 hours ago, ginge said:

No suprise where we are

Startling news although Dodds' crowing seems to take more delight in the fact that the tories have <ovf censored> up than show any concern for the people who are going to be <ovf censored> over by this. And it's not like Dodds and co have the faintest idea what to do about this huge storm that's on the way.

37 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Startling news although Dodds' crowing seems to take more delight in the fact that the tories have <ovf censored> up than show any concern for the people who are going to be <ovf censored> over by this. And it's not like Dodds and co have the faintest idea what to do about this huge storm that's on the way.

So much ground to make up!!

Have a bit of faith,I'm sure she's capable of finding a solution? 😀

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I didn't want to derail the thread about the Leopard pub any further than keeping the virtue signallers accountable for their words.

But....Can anyone explain to me who on earth is winning in a story where if we believe the two guys who have been jailed for caring for a cannabis grow, they were preyed upon by English channel coyotes to the tune of €16k which appears to have been on credit. Of course they paid this because they're fleeing the war in Albania and were just so desperate to save their own lives that they left their family there whilst they risked their lives in a dinghy to get to the UK. One year later and they've presumably not been able to lawfully work and so are at the mercy of criminals who recruit them to grow drugs for them but don't pay them and threaten them into compliance.

They get arrested, jailed and will possibly be deported back to war torn Albania. The criminals have lost a grow but otherwise are apparently at large. The coyotes have I would have thought made a killing from the initial crossing and whatever they've extorted from their victims. 

Then for the local population this whole story then leaves us with a favourite and historically significant landmark being used as a production plant for drugs which has now burned to the ground. Traffic chaos for weeks and an unsightly building site blighting an already pretty scummy high street. 

So how can we stop it from happening? Surely none of the virtuous on here think that this situation is desirable in any way shape for form?

I thought Brexit was supposed to stop this happening? Haven't we taken back control of our borders now?

• Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

People in Thailand can now grow cannabis plants at home and sell the crop after the nation removed marijuana from its banned narcotics list.