Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I don't know, is brexit done?

 

The EU should be more concerned with whether their contract is enforceable. They admitted to manufacturing the Irish border as a barrier to brexit. They risked peace on the island of Ireland to wrangle political capital. The agreement in place arguably breaches the good friday agreement on the part of the EU/ROI. 

The protocol was a terrible idea and we never should have agreed to it. But the EU insisted on it and it has turned out to be a terrible idea and shock horror, a way for them to undermine our sovereignty still.

 

I don't think this is the remain win you think it is. 

None of this is a remain win. It's all a painful shambles to watch. As for the EU insisting on the protocol, it was an agreement between two parties. If we didn't want it we should have negotiated something else. Not sure how you can blame the EU for something we agreed to and negotiated. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


23 minutes ago, ginge said:

None of this is a remain win. It's all a painful shambles to watch. As for the EU insisting on the protocol, it was an agreement between two parties. If we didn't want it we should have negotiated something else. Not sure how you can blame the EU for something we agreed to and negotiated. 

Oh it’s all the fault of that naughty EU. It was not a unilateral agreement, believe it or not Johnson was present. So did he not understand or was he not telling the truth again. Remember 350million for NHS, Oven ready deal etc etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I don't know, is brexit done?

 

The EU should be more concerned with whether their contract is enforceable. They admitted to manufacturing the Irish border as a barrier to brexit. They risked peace on the island of Ireland to wrangle political capital. The agreement in place arguably breaches the good friday agreement on the part of the EU/ROI. 

The protocol was a terrible idea and we never should have agreed to it. But the EU insisted on it and it has turned out to be a terrible idea and shock horror, a way for them to undermine our sovereignty still.

 

I don't think this is the remain win you think it is. 

I think it's better to say that Brexit has happened rather than it's done. We'll be sorting the mess out for years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ginge said:

Brexit has increased risk of dangerous foods reaching UK, watchdog warns

More fantastic news about our food

I'll order some chlorinated chicken and radioactive vegetables with a side of dangerous please.

On the Vote Leave leaflets it said brexit is a safer choice for our family. I remember many big name brexiteers promising cheaper food prices. Is that the case? My food bills are rising. 

Oh well at least we aren't dumping raw sewage into our rivers .... oh wait

Edited by ginge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ginge said:

None of this is a remain win. It's all a painful shambles to watch. As for the EU insisting on the protocol, it was an agreement between two parties. If we didn't want it we should have negotiated something else. Not sure how you can blame the EU for something we agreed to and negotiated. 

Seems the “oven ready”deal wasn’t as oven ready as we were led to believe, I’m not sure if it was pulled out too soon or left to over cook. The Tory’s always need a pantomime baddie in order to deceive the electorate and the EU play the Ugly Sisters just perfectly for Johnson, The Daily Mail, et al. This sorry saga could go on for yonks.

Edited by Dr Delgado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

Seems the “oven ready”deal wasn’t as oven ready as we were led to believe, I’m not sure if it was pulled out too soon or left to over cook. The Tory’s always need a pantomime baddie in order to deceive the electorate and the EU play the Ugly Sisters just perfectly for Johnson, The Daily Mail, et al. This sorry saga could go on for yonks.

Hope not,you lot will be unbearable.🥱🇬🇧😃 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Hope not,you lot will be unbearable.🥱🇬🇧😃 

 

A wise man once said:

"If you can keep your head when all about you   
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
Then you're probably not fully aware of 
the seriousness of the situation."

Maybe it helps you in these difficult times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/05/2022 at 06:47, Packmoor_vale said:

Another words the EU say keep going straight through our country’s and get to Britain where we will make sure they look after u 

 

Brexit has made it easier for them to come. When we were in the EU under EU law we were allowed to send them back to the first European safe countries they passed through.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/12/brexit-easier-small-boat-crossings-to-reach-uk-refugees-say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 19/05/2022 at 02:15, ginge said:

Brexit has made it easier for them to come. When we were in the EU under EU law we were allowed to send them back to the first European safe countries they passed through.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/12/brexit-easier-small-boat-crossings-to-reach-uk-refugees-say

Your link doesn’t work but what you’re quoting never happened, don’t know of any cases where this happened, the EU are soft on immigration, whether legal or not and no country in Europe wants the migrants, they are happy to move them on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


6 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Your link doesn’t work but what you’re quoting never happened, don’t know of any cases where this happened, the EU are soft on immigration, whether legal or not and no country in Europe wants the migrants, they are happy to move them on.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ginge said:

Can read it now but as I said, it’s a load of bollox. When did we last send an illegal migrant back to France where they came from? And when did France send one back to Italy, Spain or any other EU country they came from? Usual crap reporting from The Guardian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Can read it now but as I said, it’s a load of bollox. When did we last send an illegal migrant back to France where they came from? And when did France send one back to Italy, Spain or any other EU country they came from? Usual crap reporting from The Guardian.

The choice of country to claim asylum is made by the applicant. They will try to reach that country. How many French people seek asylum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The choice of country to claim asylum is made by the applicant. They will try to reach that country. How many French people seek asylum?

Think you’re missing the point. Ginge was trying to say (incorrectly) we are worse off out of the EU because we could send the migrants back to the EU country they entered last. When in fact we are better off out of the EU as there is zero chance we would have been allowed to send migrants to Rwanda had we remained in the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Think you’re missing the point. Ginge was trying to say (incorrectly) we are worse off out of the EU because we could send the migrants back to the EU country they entered last. When in fact we are better off out of the EU as there is zero chance we would have been allowed to send migrants to Rwanda had we remained in the EU.

We have not sent any yet!,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


The numbers of migrants crossing the channel to the UK has to be reduced significantly  or stopped altogether, these people are making a mockery of the laws of the UK.

The only way to stop it is at source, by declaring some type of migrant no access/go zone for hundreds of miles up and down the Calais/French coastline and 50 miles in land, in effect take away the area from where the migrants can cross the channel safely. 

If the UK was still in the EU then there would be more chance of negotiating such a plan/deal with the French/EU as there was "ca 16.9billion pounds of negotiating power", now out of the EU there is no such thing.

Well done Nigel Farage, bleedin' Master stroke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2022 at 08:35, philpvfc said:

Once again, a remoaner calling why people voted for Brexit. Remoaners often shouting out that those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for yet they know! 

I see we’re back on to the real reason people voted for Brexit, again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...