Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

I see we're back onto the real reason people voted for Brexit.

Once again, a remoaner calling why people voted for Brexit. Remoaners often shouting out that those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for yet they know! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Once again, a remoaner calling why people voted for Brexit. Remoaners often shouting out that those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for yet they know! 

We all know now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Once again, a remoaner calling why people voted for Brexit. Remoaners often shouting out that those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for yet they know! 

Well, excuse me for reading between the lines but when this thread turns to talk about foreigners you all get slightly tumescent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Projection again.

 

Remainers love the immigration topic. They're desperate for it. Hence why you literally lied about 4 posts ago by saying it was the main reason people voted for brexit.

 

It's a common trend, you simply have to believe that because it helps you reconcile your failed brexit stance in your mind. If it's simply true that over half the country are somehow (not so) secretly racist and just don't want as many "johnny foreigners" here. 

 

It isn't true though is it? And how much does it get to you? 🤣

 

And the funniest part really is that the real reason people voted for brexit, you lot are actually desperate to try and ignore or write off to the point that you cannot even acknowledge its existence. 

 

Cult.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Projection again.

 

Remainers love the immigration topic. They're desperate for it. Hence why you literally lied about 4 posts ago by saying it was the main reason people voted for brexit.

 

It's a common trend, you simply have to believe that because it helps you reconcile your failed brexit stance in your mind. If it's simply true that over half the country are somehow (not so) secretly racist and just don't want as many "johnny foreigners" here. 

 

It isn't true though is it? And how much does it get to you? 🤣

 

And the funniest part really is that the real reason people voted for brexit, you lot are actually desperate to try and ignore or write off to the point that you cannot even acknowledge its existence. 

 

Cult.

 

Well, Cochise, I've seen the studies done as to why people voted Brexit. Have you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


I voted for Brexit to be a sovereign nation and so as we don’t have to financially support all the countries that were allowed to join the EU, when those in charge knew that the figures around their GDP were falsified. Then you get countries which couldn’t afford to pay their loans so we’re lent more money at a greater interest rate. So how will they ever repay the loan. I’ve never known a financial institution use that business model, they normally repossess everything and declare you bankrupt. However I do have to ask the question where is all the money that Boris was telling us we were going to save if we left the EU.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Projection again.

 

Remainers love the immigration topic. They're desperate for it. Hence why you literally lied about 4 posts ago by saying it was the main reason people voted for brexit.

 

It's a common trend, you simply have to believe that because it helps you reconcile your failed brexit stance in your mind. If it's simply true that over half the country are somehow (not so) secretly racist and just don't want as many "johnny foreigners" here. 

 

It isn't true though is it? And how much does it get to you? 🤣

 

And the funniest part really is that the real reason people voted for brexit, you lot are actually desperate to try and ignore or write off to the point that you cannot even acknowledge its existence. 

 

Cult.

 

Reason 1.  Immigration 

Readon 2  Immigration 

Reason 3.  Immigration 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

I voted for Brexit to be a sovereign nation and so as we don’t have to financially support all the countries that were allowed to join the EU, when those in charge knew that the figures around their GDP were falsified. Then you get countries which couldn’t afford to pay their loans so we’re lent more money at a greater interest rate. So how will they ever repay the loan. I’ve never known a financial institution use that business model, they normally repossess everything and declare you bankrupt. However I do have to ask the question where is all the money that Boris was telling us we were going to save if we left the EU.?

Good points. 350million for the NHS, we ain’t seen enough to buy a plaster. There’s a long list of others, perhaps some people did not realise that Johnson was a serial liar, they do now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Good points. 350million for the NHS, we ain’t seen enough to buy a plaster. There’s a long list of others, perhaps some people did not realise that Johnson was a serial liar, they do now

How do you know the money hasn't gone to the NHS.

 

The NHS did a great job during the covid crises, extra funds were made available,  testing kits were widely available and 3/4 jabs were given to the whole population. None of this comes cheap.

 

So are you trying to say all this was paid for on the pre Brexit budget?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I voted for Brexit to be a sovereign nation and so as we don’t have to financially support all the countries that were allowed to join the EU, when those in charge knew that the figures around their GDP were falsified. Then you get countries which couldn’t afford to pay their loans so we’re lent more money at a greater interest rate. So how will they ever repay the loan. I’ve never known a financial institution use that business model, they normally repossess everything and declare you bankrupt. However I do have to ask the question where is all the money that Boris was telling us we were going to save if we left the EU.?

Did you weigh that up against the money we made/saved from being a member of The EU?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


35 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

How do you know the money hasn't gone to the NHS.

 

The NHS did a great job during the covid crises, extra funds were made available,  testing kits were widely available and 3/4 jabs were given to the whole population. None of this comes cheap.

 

So are you trying to say all this was paid for on the pre Brexit budget?

Take your blinkers off it’s costing us a fortune see HillmanHunters  previous post.  The money did not go to the NHS as promised (350m) they muddled through Covid and did a great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

Did you weigh that up against the money we made/saved from being a member of The EU?

 

HH, thank you for sharing the article. I have my doubts about this and have no doubt it’s been penned by a Remainer. We now have a global platform to operate from in relation to trade and any deals that we strike will mean that our business partners will not have to pay a subsidy to the EU. Obviously the less ppl involved means that there are less ppl to skim off a cut for their involvement. I think it’s far too early to say if it will be a big success or big mistake. I was working on at least a decade, before we get any indication. Interesting article though.

Edited by Playa Amodores
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

HH, thank you for sharing the article. I have my doubts about this and have no doubt it’s been penned by a Remainer. We now have a global platform to operate from in relation to trade and any deals that we strike will mean that our business partners will not have to pay a subsidy to the EU. Obviously the less ppl involved means that there are less ppl to skim off a cut for their involvement. I think it’s far too early to say if it will be a big success or big mistake. I was working on at least a decade, before we get any indication. Interesting article though.

No problem. The figures come from The Office for National Statistics, so it's basically from The government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Reason 1.  Immigration 

Readon 2  Immigration 

Reason 3.  Immigration 

Load of bollox and if immigration was a major reason for people voting Brexit is that a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Good points. 350million for the NHS, we ain’t seen enough to buy a plaster. There’s a long list of others, perhaps some people did not realise that Johnson was a serial liar, they do now

The Government gave billions to help tackle the Covid pandemic so you are wrong on that aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Did you weigh that up against the money we made/saved from being a member of The EU?

 

A lot less than the £400 million a week it would now cost us to be a member. Sure you can do the maths and work out that if that is your argument we are better out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

HH, thank you for sharing the article. I have my doubts about this and have no doubt it’s been penned by a Remainer. We now have a global platform to operate from in relation to trade and any deals that we strike will mean that our business partners will not have to pay a subsidy to the EU. Obviously the less ppl involved means that there are less ppl to skim off a cut for their involvement. I think it’s far too early to say if it will be a big success or big mistake. I was working on at least a decade, before we get any indication. Interesting article though.

We could be £150 million better off yet the remoaners will moan about something regarding Brexit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

No problem. The figures come from The Office for National Statistics, so it's basically from The government.

As I’ve mentioned before, exports to the EU were higher in 2020 than they were in 2016, it is very difficult to way out what we may have lost while we are still recovering from the Covid pandemic. Also, we may lose some trade with the EU but gain trade elsewhere as we open new trade relations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...