• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

22 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

I see we're back onto the real reason people voted for Brexit.

Once again, a remoaner calling why people voted for Brexit. Remoaners often shouting out that those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for yet they know! 

Advert:

6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Once again, a remoaner calling why people voted for Brexit. Remoaners often shouting out that those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for yet they know! 

We all know now!

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Well, excuse me for reading between the lines but when this thread turns to talk about foreigners you all get slightly tumescent.

Projection again.

Remainers love the immigration topic. They're desperate for it. Hence why you literally lied about 4 posts ago by saying it was the main reason people voted for brexit.

It's a common trend, you simply have to believe that because it helps you reconcile your failed brexit stance in your mind. If it's simply true that over half the country are somehow (not so) secretly racist and just don't want as many "johnny foreigners" here. 

It isn't true though is it? And how much does it get to you? 🤣

And the funniest part really is that the real reason people voted for brexit, you lot are actually desperate to try and ignore or write off to the point that you cannot even acknowledge its existence. 

Cult.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Projection again.

Remainers love the immigration topic. They're desperate for it. Hence why you literally lied about 4 posts ago by saying it was the main reason people voted for brexit.

It's a common trend, you simply have to believe that because it helps you reconcile your failed brexit stance in your mind. If it's simply true that over half the country are somehow (not so) secretly racist and just don't want as many "johnny foreigners" here. 

And the funniest part really is that the real reason people voted for brexit, you lot are actually desperate to try and ignore or write off to the point that you cannot even acknowledge its existence. 

Cult.

Well, Cochise, I've seen the studies done as to why people voted Brexit. Have you?

Advert:

I voted for Brexit to be a sovereign nation and so as we don’t have to financially support all the countries that were allowed to join the EU, when those in charge knew that the figures around their GDP were falsified. Then you get countries which couldn’t afford to pay their loans so we’re lent more money at a greater interest rate. So how will they ever repay the loan. I’ve never known a financial institution use that business model, they normally repossess everything and declare you bankrupt. However I do have to ask the question where is all the money that Boris was telling us we were going to save if we left the EU.?

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Projection again.

Cult.

Reason 1.  Immigration 

Readon 2  Immigration 

Reason 3.  Immigration 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

I voted for Brexit to be a sovereign nation and so as we don’t have to financially support all the countries that were allowed to join the EU, when those in charge knew that the figures around their GDP were falsified. Then you get countries which couldn’t afford to pay their loans so we’re lent more money at a greater interest rate. So how will they ever repay the loan. I’ve never known a financial institution use that business model, they normally repossess everything and declare you bankrupt. However I do have to ask the question where is all the money that Boris was telling us we were going to save if we left the EU.?

Good points. 350million for the NHS, we ain’t seen enough to buy a plaster. There’s a long list of others, perhaps some people did not realise that Johnson was a serial liar, they do now

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Good points. 350million for the NHS, we ain’t seen enough to buy a plaster. There’s a long list of others, perhaps some people did not realise that Johnson was a serial liar, they do now

How do you know the money hasn't gone to the NHS.

The NHS did a great job during the covid crises, extra funds were made available,  testing kits were widely available and 3/4 jabs were given to the whole population. None of this comes cheap.

So are you trying to say all this was paid for on the pre Brexit budget?

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Did you weigh that up against the money we made/saved from being a member of The EU?

Advert:

35 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

How do you know the money hasn't gone to the NHS.

The NHS did a great job during the covid crises, extra funds were made available,  testing kits were widely available and 3/4 jabs were given to the whole population. None of this comes cheap.

So are you trying to say all this was paid for on the pre Brexit budget?

Take your blinkers off it’s costing us a fortune see HillmanHunters  previous post.  The money did not go to the NHS as promised (350m) they muddled through Covid and did a great job.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

Did you weigh that up against the money we made/saved from being a member of The EU?

HH, thank you for sharing the article. I have my doubts about this and have no doubt it’s been penned by a Remainer. We now have a global platform to operate from in relation to trade and any deals that we strike will mean that our business partners will not have to pay a subsidy to the EU. Obviously the less ppl involved means that there are less ppl to skim off a cut for their involvement. I think it’s far too early to say if it will be a big success or big mistake. I was working on at least a decade, before we get any indication. Interesting article though.

Edited by Playa Amodores

55 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

HH, thank you for sharing the article. I have my doubts about this and have no doubt it’s been penned by a Remainer. We now have a global platform to operate from in relation to trade and any deals that we strike will mean that our business partners will not have to pay a subsidy to the EU. Obviously the less ppl involved means that there are less ppl to skim off a cut for their involvement. I think it’s far too early to say if it will be a big success or big mistake. I was working on at least a decade, before we get any indication. Interesting article though.

No problem. The figures come from The Office for National Statistics, so it's basically from The government.

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Reason 1.  Immigration 

Readon 2  Immigration 

Reason 3.  Immigration 

Load of bollox and if immigration was a major reason for people voting Brexit is that a problem?

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

The Government gave billions to help tackle the Covid pandemic so you are wrong on that aspect.

Advert:

2 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

A lot less than the £400 million a week it would now cost us to be a member. Sure you can do the maths and work out that if that is your argument we are better out.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

We could be £150 million better off yet the remoaners will moan about something regarding Brexit.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

No problem. The figures come from The Office for National Statistics, so it's basically from The government.

As I’ve mentioned before, exports to the EU were higher in 2020 than they were in 2016, it is very difficult to way out what we may have lost while we are still recovering from the Covid pandemic. Also, we may lose some trade with the EU but gain trade elsewhere as we open new trade relations.