• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

If you join a club you accept the rules, you have no choice, later on you can argue for change

Or the club just makes the rules up as they go along and you have to accept them as you are stuck in a membership you can’t get out of.

Advert:

16 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Probably a lot less than paying for their food, accommodation etc. while they are being processed and then their housing and benefits if successful.

Apparently it costs about 30 grand per asylum seeker. What about when they get to Rwanda but gain asylum? I believe the policy is to then keep them in Rwanda. Let's be clear this policy is for asylum seekers not illegal immigrants. 

Apparently today the numbers are going up! Is the plan working? 

Not only that I'm not exactly sure how this policy will solve the roots of the issue. How will it solve the traffickers? How will it solve the issue of the unsafe crossing of people risking their own lives? Is Rwanda a big country? Where are these people going to go and are they going to be safe there?

Advert:

13 minutes ago, ginge said:

Not only that I'm not exactly sure how this policy will solve the roots of the issue. How will it solve the traffickers? How will it solve the issue of the unsafe crossing of people risking their own lives? Is Rwanda a big country? Where are these people going to go and are they going to be safe there?

Don’t worry Ginge, it will never happen, another lie from Boris the Bluff.

• Like 1

Another question I'd ask to @philpvfc (if you do support this Rwanda policy) or anyone who does support it, I would be interested to know what you think of Ukrainian refugees coming into this country. Should we also send them to Rwanda?

• Like 1

Another question I'd ask to @philpvfc (if you do support this Rwanda policy) or anyone who does support it, I would be interested to know what you think of Ukrainian refugees coming into this country. Should we also send them to Rwanda?
Ask Patel how her parents happened to be living in England.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ginge said:

No need to,they aren't coming here illegally through criminal traffickers.

27 minutes ago, ginge said:

How many Ukrainian refugees have entered the UK illegally?

How many of the illegal immigrants are actually refugees as opposed to economic migrants?

I'll answer your question but I need a bit more information first.

Advert:

1 hour ago, ginge said:

Probably safer in Rwanda than in the middle of a big shipping lane in freezing choppy waters having just given huge sums of money to a load of gangsters.

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Probably safer in Rwanda than in the middle of a big shipping lane in freezing choppy waters having just given huge sums of money to a load of gangsters.

In your opinion is it the fault of the EU or Lefties?

10 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

How many of the illegal immigrants are actually refugees as opposed to economic migrants?

64% of refugees are granted asylum here. Of the ones refused, of those that appeal, a further half are granted asylum.

Considering the vitriol aimed at these people I have always found these figures surprisingly high and am not sure why they are not publicised more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

64% of refugees are granted asylum here. Of the ones refused, of those that appeal, a further half are granted asylum.

Considering the vitriol aimed at these people I have always found these figures surprisingly high and am not sure why they are not publicised more. 

I'm not sure that directly answers my question but the numbers are interesting. Probably a big  reason why hundreds of people each week are willing to risk their lives to get from France to the UK.

• Haha 1

Advert:

Doesn't suit the Brexit Party

43 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
2 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Doesn't suit the Brexit Party

I appreciate that and that a humanitarian issue has been made in to a political issue. What I find surprising is that this fact is not publicised more by the "other side".

50 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Ah but there is a fast track system for Ukrainian refugees albeit not perfect, if there was a fasttrack system for everyone maybe it would enable a safer route for genuine asylum seekers. Secondly the policy puts people through the asylum process but i imagine only recognised refugees will to be sent to stay permanently in Rwanda. Why can't the recognised refugees stay here like the Ukrainian refugees? What about those who fail the asylum process for Rwanda?