• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

13 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

The "taking back control" software isn't working.  This doesn't affect imports as we haven't dared implement import controls yet.

The joy of that is yet to come. Still, blue passports and all that.

Even your attachment doesn’t blame Brexit. As I said, weather has been awful, must be Brexit. Sea isn’t as blue as it should be, bloody Brexit!

Just now, philpvfc said:

Even your attachment doesn’t blame Brexit. As I said, weather has been awful, must be Brexit. Sea isn’t as blue as it should be, bloody Brexit!

Do you know what The Goods Vehicle Movement System is and why it was introduced?

50 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

The "taking back control" software isn't working.  This doesn't affect imports as we haven't dared implement import controls yet.

The joy of that is yet to come. Still, blue passports and all that.

'Doesn't affect imports?'. Make your mind up. It wasn't long ago Brexit was being blamed for shortages from abroad.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

'Doesn't affect imports?'. Make your mind up. It wasn't long ago Brexit was being blamed for shortages from abroad.

Is it thick club on here today or something?

We kicked the foreigners out. HGV drivers and so on. Even The Tory brexiteers couldn't stomach staff shortages and import controls at the same time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Do you know what The Goods Vehicle Movement System is and why it was introduced?

I do, but the issues people are having at Dover are not to do with Brexit. They are as mentioned in the news due to a) the issues with P&O boats not running and those that are not running at full capacity, b) The weather c) The normal increase of passengers due to Easter.

You can keep blaming Brexit for everything if that makes you happy though but there’s no need to call others thick when they point out you are wrong!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

I do, but the issues people are having at Dover are not to do with Brexit. They are as mentioned in the news due to a) the issues with P&O boats not running and those that are not running at full capacity, b) The weather c) The normal increase of passengers due to Easter.

You can keep blaming Brexit for everything if that makes you happy though but there’s no need to call others thick when they point out you are wrong!

If you're right then you have to explain why the problem is only happening in the UK.

Maybe you know more about the situation than The Road Haulage Association.

Duncan Buchanan, policy director at the Road Haulage Association, Tweeted on Thursday, 7 April: “Just heard from HMRC that the GVMS system will remain down until Monday. This means that deterioration in traffic in Kent is unlikely to improve today. Expect long delays to cross to France.”

The Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) is a UK government border control information technology system for coordinating the movement of vehicles. It is part of the government's measures for dealing with post-Brexit trade.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-07/u-k-brexit-border-it-system-plagued-by-outages-as-queues-build?utm_medium=social&utm_content=bloomberguk&utm_source=twitter&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-bloomberguk&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

Edited by hillmanhunter
Adding an extra link.

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

It's what they do phil,it's all part of their playbook.If they want to moan about lorries in Dover and be part of a union that is funding Putin with €1 billion a day,let them get on with it.

Advert:

I am not a Labour supporter. As I have said before this is the worst Tory Government we have ever had, with their lies and corruption. I wish there was a reasonable opposition, perhaps some of the working people will see the light. There is obviously a lot of right wing support as yourselves prove. 

It’s normally the shirking people who vote Labour.

It's what they do phil,it's all part of their playbook.If they want to moan about lorries in Dover and be part of a union that is funding Putin with €1 billion a day,let them get on with it.

The lorries queuing in Dover are there to transport UK exports whereas in Calais there are no queues because we aren’t importing as much.All that money coming into the UK and a lot less going out.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert:

I voted remain.I have accepted the decision of the Referendum.Unlike most remainders.
Does not make Brexit the right thing to do. Based on lies, thus the voters were ill advised and thus made the wrong decision. Based on Priti tonight leaving the EU was an excuse for leaving humanity as well as economics behind.

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

Like Brexit personified. Here he comes, making a big noise but adding nothing. Sad.

59 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The lorries queuing in Dover are there to transport UK exports whereas in Calais there are no queues because we aren’t importing as much.All that money coming into the UK and a lot less going out.emoji23.png

So you don’t think lorries ever need to return from wherever they came from? Interesting.

• Haha 1