Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

Advert:

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Well,your chart said "3 month to Jan 2020"?

That's the baseline.

So it's taking data for those 3 months and setting that as the baseline. If you look at the chart you can see those 3 months for UK are at 100 (the baseline value).

The data goes up to 2022.

That's the baseline.
So it's taking data for those 3 months and setting that as the baseline. If you look at the chart you can see those 3 months for UK are at 100 (the baseline value).
The data goes up to 2022.
Don't confuse him with facts m8.
They don't understand facts and data and real stuff.

Think you and I just need to "believe" a bit harder

Advert:

19 minutes ago, For Us All said:

More facts.

"The sudden emergence of Covid 19 in 2020 and subsequent closure of large parts of the economy is the cause of the sharp 9.4% contraction in 2020".

Statista March 28th,2022

I don't have a problem with that. That's all pretty uncontroversial. What The FT charts show is the poor performance of UK exports AFTER 2020, when new Brexit procedures (red tape) kicked in.

I don't have a problem with that. That's all pretty uncontroversial. What The FT charts show is the poor performance of UK exports AFTER 2020, when new Brexit procedures (red tape) kicked in.
Surely the point is the comparison with our neighbours who also had to deal with Covid.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

Surely the point is the comparison with our neighbours who also had to deal with Covid.

Yeah. Maybe he's making some special case that The UK was hit harder with Covid than anyone else. If that's the case it'd be nice if he gave the reasons.

I'm not sure what his point is,  really.

Advert:

On 24/03/2022 at 10:23, Osh said:

Because the UK is now a Third Country; they don't give what you want.  This was explained in the run up to the referendum but people like you didn't believe that this would happen.

Fool

It might help your argument if you didn't call other posters 'fool.'

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

It might help your argument if you didn't call other posters 'fool.'

Might be good if they weren't foolish and vote to damage our wonderful country eh...??