Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

22 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Talking sense again 

By The UKOOG group's own best case estimates, fracking would meet 5% of our gas needs over the next 5 years. He's a know nowt spoofer but people still listen to him.

12 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

By The UKOOG group's own best case estimates, fracking would meet 5% of our gas needs over the next 5 years. He's a know nowt spoofer but people still listen to him.

It's reported that we import 4% of our gas from Russia, so by fracking we'd make 5%, according to your figures.

A 1% surplus sounds fine with me.

Advert:

12 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

It's reported that we import 4% of our gas from Russia, so by fracking we'd make 5%, according to your figures.

A 1% surplus sounds fine with me.

You're assuming that the fracked UK gas would not be exported. This is not correct.

A poll, how wonderful. Remember these poll predictions?:-

Britain to vote Remain.

Trump to lose.

Teresa May to win easily.

Lib Dems to win up to 125 seats.

To mention just a few..

As accurate as a Diana Ross penalty.

• Like 1

Advert:

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

But the poll is a fact which is what you asked for. Most of those you mention above are wrong by the way. 

Yes, they were all wrong and the opposite to what they predicted happened.

3 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Yes, they were all wrong and the opposite to what they predicted happened.

No, you were wrong in your analysis. The later polls before the Referendum showed the contest to be very tight with some showing leave winning and some remain.

With regard to the 2017 election below the polls leading up to it. None predict 125 Lib Dem seats. 

Polls get some things right and somethings wrong but  5% lead now for reversing the Brexit decision is pretty significant. It won’t get reversed of course - too many vested interests in maintaining the status quo. It does show, however, that people think the reality of Brexit is not what people thought it would be. 

FDF109C7-03D7-4075-BE2C-F2ED9BC3B5D4.png

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

No, you were wrong in your analysis. The later polls before the Referendum showed the contest to be very tight with some showing leave winning and some remain.

With regard to the 2017 election below the polls leading up to it. None predict 125 Lib Dem seats. 

Polls get some things right and somethings wrong but  5% lead now for reversing the Brexit decision is pretty significant. It won’t get reversed of course - too many vested interests in maintaining the status quo. It does show, however, that people think the reality of Brexit is not what people thought it would be. 

FDF109C7-03D7-4075-BE2C-F2ED9BC3B5D4.png

I didn't say what election I was referring to with poll predictions.

However, the 2010 election poll conducted by Five Thirty Eight predicted that the Lib Dems would win around 120 seats.

What were the others ones I quoted wrongly when you said 'by the way most of those you mention are wrong?'

I mentioned 4, so 'most' of 4 must be 3. What are they?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Remainers hate polls until they actually 'win' one, in which case they're the best thing since sliced bread.

They've spent 6 years arguing about the result of a referendum 🤣

It’s not 6 years arguing about the result, believe it or not the result is not in question. It is the implications, no benefit what so ever, unless you class sovereignty 

• Like 3

Advert:

23 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

It’s not 6 years arguing about the result, believe it or not the result is not in question. It is the implications, no benefit what so ever, unless you class sovereignty 

That's not strictly true is it? We were brainwashed by brexit lies, we were mind controlled by sinister analytics companies and if that didn't fix the result then the russians paid someone to do something...or something.

Remainers absolutely tried to argue that the result was invalid. They tried everything. I won't let you re-write that history.

2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

I didn't say what election I was referring to with poll predictions.

However, the 2010 election poll conducted by Five Thirty Eight predicted that the Lib Dems would win around 120 seats.

What were the others ones I quoted wrongly when you said 'by the way most of those you mention are wrong?'

I mentioned 4, so 'most' of 4 must be 3. What are they?

Which other election was May a party leader??????  I've shown three and ignored the Trump one although there were polls which had him neck and neck with Clinton. 

Some polls undoubtedly get it wrong but not ALL polls do and it is easy to pick random ones from a decade that are wrong.