Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

When is Disaster Man going to resign? Not likely he only leads after the parade has started.

Is this why you lot hate brexit? Because it's seen as a tory thing? 

I never did understand why Corbyn fans were remainers to be honest. 

Advert:

Advert:

50 minutes ago, For Us All said:

It seems to happening in many countries,I wonder if it could be down to the pandemic and nothing at all do do with Brexit?🤔

It just happens to be worse in England

20 hours ago, ginge said:

"In Britain it's alcohol,in Canada it's maple syrup,while in Australia it's a crucial additive for diesel trucks and in New Zealand it's brown sugar.These are just some of the many shortages affecting consumers and businesses around the world as industry experts warn that the supply chain crisis prompted by the coronavirus could last for many more months and even up to two years.

Industry experts and economists believe the problems could persist as the finely calibrated network of world trade,already weakened by months of shipping backlogs,labour shortages and geopolitical tensions remains discombobulated.For anyone expecting the post-pandemic world to return to normal,forget it.Whatever was considered normal  before the pandemic is not coming back.Companies have to make the supply chain a priority,he says.If it breaks down we can't  say we didn't see it coming".

The Guardian 18th Dec,2021

Edited by For Us All
Spelling

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

"In Britain it's alcohol,in Canada it's maple syrup,while in Australia it's a crucial additive for diesel trucks and in New Zealand it's brown sugar.These are just some of the many shortages affecting consumers and businesses around the world as industry experts warn that the supply chain crisis prompted by the coronavirus could last for many more months and even up to two years.

Industry experts and economists believe the problems could persist as the finely calibrated network of world trade,already weakened by months of shipping backlogs,labour shortages and geopolitical tensions remains discombobulated.For anyone expecting the post-pandemic world to return to normal,forget it.Whatever was considered normal  before the pandemic is not coming back.Companies have to make the supply chain a priority,he says.If it breaks down we can't  say we didn't see it coming".

The Guardian 18th Dec,2021

So what about lorry queues and endless paperwork? I have been in Europe for a couple of week’s, no shortage of anything.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

So what about lorry queues and endless paperwork? I have been in Europe for a couple of week’s, no shortage of anything.

Are you saying LBC and the Guardian are telling porkies then?

Advert:

11 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Photo looks like the one taken in September,2020?

Better get the bog rolls in?😃

The difference now is because of increased paperwork > increased processing times > increased charges. Not panic buying. 

Edited by hillmanhunter
empty post!

22 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

The difference now is because of increased paperwork > increased processing times > increased charges. Not panic buying. 

Yep.  And these are UK rules not EU ones.  Rules that have seen most small businesses that used to export to the EU, our nearest market(!) to stop doing so.  Exports down 16%

well done Brexit.

But Blue Passports, eh!

38 minutes ago, Osh said:

Yep.  And these are UK rules not EU ones.  Rules that have seen most small businesses that used to export to the EU, our nearest market(!) to stop doing so.  Exports down 16%

well done Brexit.

But Blue Passports, eh!

Wow--wasn't it all so much worthwhile just to get our hands on that lovely new, blue passport? 

I see we're also controlling our borders much better than before and of course, having no employment issues due to EU citizens who were working here, having returned home.  Oh, and all those fantastic new trade deals of course---I think there's now at least 2 additional ones that are not just 'copy & paste' versions of existing ones with the EU--and Joe Biden I hear, is also obviously just gagging to sign that elusive BIG deal between us and the USA--oh happy, happy times! Thank you Boris for Brexit.

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Wow--wasn't it all so much worthwhile just to get our hands on that lovely new, blue passport? 

I see we're also controlling our borders much better than before and of course, having no employment issues due to EU citizens who were working here, having returned home.  Oh, and all those fantastic new trade deals of course---I think there's now at least 2 additional ones that are not just 'copy & paste' versions of existing ones with the EU--and Joe Biden I hear, is also obviously just gagging to sign that elusive BIG deal between us and the USA--oh happy, happy times! Thank you Boris for Brexit.

Just one of very many Johnson lies

27 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Don't disagree, but in the case of Brexit, he wasn't the only one peddling a load of false claims about the supposed advantageous benefits!

Just jumped on the bandwagon when he thought it would help him.