Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

41 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Blimey Jean!

Today I'll have a breakfast of oatcakes, black pudding and  Gloucester Old spot bacon. Lunch of lobby and dinner a Wrights pie with gravy and mushy peas, all washed down with several glasses of Titanic ale.  God bless you UK. 

Excellent choices,if I may say so?No pudding?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a difference between not accepting the result and not agreeing with the result.  I accepted it would happen but that doesn't make me think it's the right thing to do.  The Brexiteers have been

Grammar.

I hope Brexit is everything that has been promised.  I am long enough in the tooth to realise that the people making those promises have made a career from telling lies without shame. The result

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Some fireworks going off here.  I see the first thing the Brexiteers do after getting back their independence is to break the law by setting off fireworks after 11 pm. 

hi morning hic hic, happy independence day, sun shining...what a great day to be alive.

is that a eu, sorry was that a eu law, or a British law?...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ginge said:

Hooray we now have our independence back. No more eu rule. We now have our democracy and sovereignty back. The nhs is now 350 million a week richer and no more immigration now we have stopped our open borders. I still havent received my blue passport or ration book yet though.... 

12 months transition period for you to eat curvy bananas.84p per kilo in Tesco.

31 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Can you believe the scenes of people actually crying last night? Holding candle lit vigils over a POLITICAL UNION?

They're not the real world.

I find the people in Parliament Square/releasing fireworks equally out of the real world.

Popping champagne over withdrawl of a POLITICAL UNION?

The extremists of both sides are a bit strange. I won't comment on your 'match report' post.

10 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Bliddy Heck!

Correct me if I've got the bull by the wrong end, but somewhere in the back blocks of my old grey matter I seem to remember a Brexit acorn of a Sunderland greengrocer being prosecuted for selling bananas by the lb contrary to EU regulations?

Metrication started in the mid 60s, prior to the EU, I think Heath authorised it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

After that lot I wanted to simply sit down and savour the 3 points today mate. Also in the spur of the moment I couldn't think of one!, lol.😝

Maybe something light, like a suet pudding and custard ,for supper,before you stand up for God Save the Queen.😉

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Can you believe the scenes of people actually crying last night? Holding candle lit vigils over a POLITICAL UNION?

They're not the real world.

Surely the same is true of those letting off fireworks and waving plastic flags?

12 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Classless.  Where was the rousing speech outside No 10 by Churchill`s shadow at 23.00?

The BBC interviewer claimed there was a few hundred,mostly white people in Parliament Square,so Boris probably didnt think it was worth it?

6 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The BBC interviewer claimed there was a few hundred,mostly white people in Parliament Square,so Boris probably didnt think it was worth it?

I was thinking more of a speech to the nation from outside No10 for such an epic occasion.

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

I don't think leaving the EU is worth celebrating..... or mourning..... it just the consequence of democracy..... which is well worth celebrating.

The Scots were having a wake last night according to Sky News.They interviewed somebody who stated we had destroyed their chances of travelling to Europe?

Unbelievable.

17 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Surely the same is true of those letting off fireworks and waving plastic flags?

If we can do it on New Years Eve I think we should be allowed to celebrate our Independence Day?🇬🇧 👍🍺 👍

29 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The Scots were having a wake last night according to Sky News.They interviewed somebody who stated we had destroyed their chances of travelling to Europe?

Unbelievable.

Why would they have to travel to Europe when they are in it...... do they do geography in Scotland? ...... apart from where the pubs are which is essential.

• Haha 1