Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

😂 consistent u are I’ll give u that 

Who else is going do it 

I keep reading boris out but no one got any idea of who can change this country for the better apart from me 

Johnson will be replaced by a MP unless he declares himself President.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Government are a shambles but the alternative is worse, that’s the problem. If only we had a strong opposition party that was any good. Be great if we could just wipe out The Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems and start all over again.

What would you start with?

Power corrupts and as humans get voted into office we have to endure their weaknesses. 

Libs have never been worth a light as a political party, Labour lost credence when they flip flopped on the will of the people and Tories rolled in on a brexit ticket they didn't and still don't understand.

It's a never ending cycle. Each party rides the usual ticket "The other party is cack, we are good" and Joe public swallows it.

44 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

😂 consistent u are I’ll give u that 

Who else is going do it 

I keep reading boris out but no one got any idea of who can change this country for the better apart from me 

Good luck to anyone who decides to take on this green agenda.

Advert:

59 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Yeah but nothing will change 

Farage would change it for the better 

How?! As much chance as The Rock  being PM. He doesn't belong to a party and will never be the leader of one of the main parties. I'm sure there are some really good people who could make a good prime minster not in politics but what's the point on mentioning them as they will never be the PM in a million years. 

So why don't we stick to realistic options? Someone who can get enough votes to get a seat in Parliament is a good start, then someone who could be the leader of the Labour or Conservative parties. That's the options. 

Advert:

44 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

The same Farage who has failed seven times to be elected as an MP including once beaten by a man dressed as a dolphin.

The same Farage who was elected as MEP in 1999, 2004, 2009, 2014, 2019 as both Tories and Labour were humiliated in embarrassing defeats.

• Like 1

Advert:

29 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

The same Farage who was elected as MEP in 1999, 2004, 2009, 2014, 2019 as both Tories and Labour were humiliated in embarrassing defeats.

Thought he was being put forward as the answer to the car crash that Brexit has become, so he will have  to be a leader of a political party, get elected to parliament and form a government with enough MP's from said party. I was just pointing out that his record is not great. 

1 hour ago, Emile said:

How?! As much chance as The Rock  being PM. He doesn't belong to a party and will never be the leader of one of the main parties. I'm sure there are some really good people who could make a good prime minster not in politics but what's the point on mentioning them as they will never be the PM in a million years. 

So why don't we stick to realistic options? Someone who can get enough votes to get a seat in Parliament is a good start, then someone who could be the leader of the Labour or Conservative parties. That's the options. 

The options are very limited.

First you have to be a member of either the Tory party or Labour party..... that should exclude you right from the off..... then you have to fit within the narrow bands of the party selection committee.... then you need opposition less liked than yourself to get elected..... then you need to follow the party line, wherever it leads.... you have to brown nose yourself into noticable and recognisable positions within the party without upsetting the grand old members or the big noises of the time..... you then need to serupticiously arrange for a leadership challenge that you publicly have no interest in (until the last minute when a colleague convinces you to stand)..... then you have to get more support than the other 3 or 4 useless ikes you are standing against... you have to keep the position until the general election and hope Joe public thinks your party isn't as bad as the other....... if you can do all that the only thing you have to worry about is all the other members of your party and opposition trying to find room on your back to stick their knife in...... and the press of course...... trying to catch you with your hand in the till or someone's draws.