Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

25 minutes ago, ginge said:

Id suggest Mellards, hopwater cellar, bridge street ale house, ten green bottles, wellers and hop inn. Also a the crossways repoened with same owners as bottlecraft in hanley, should be equally as good. All miles better than Wetherspoons and no heineken in sight. 

Ten Green Bottles was one I visited and their draught  beers were Heineken. 

Edited by philpvfc

Advert:

13 minutes ago, ginge said:

I was quoting philpvfc who put it down actually. Where did i put anyone down who enjoyed it? Oh wait i didnt so stop making things up as usual. 

I wasn’t putting down Heineken, they are the largest brewery in the U.K. and Personally i do like Moretti, my point was that the pubs I went to in Newcastle had the same offering which was mostly Heineken which as it happens up until recently we’re the main supplier to Wetherspoons.

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I wasn’t putting down Heineken, they are the largest brewery in the U.K. and Personally i do like Moretti, my point was that the pubs I went to in Newcastle had the same offering which was mostly Heineken which as it happens up until recently we’re the main supplier to Wetherspoons.

Jimbob seems to think you were

Advert:

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

In bottles……never the same 

Nothing else on tap?  I thought they had about 8 -10 taps. Out of the places i suggested i hadn't been in there for a while. The new crossways should be good. 6 cask pumps and about 10 taps too. 

9 minutes ago, ginge said:

Nothing else on tap?  I thought they had about 8 -10 taps. Out of the places i suggested i hadn't been in there for a while. The new crossways should be good. 6 cask pumps and about 10 taps too. 

Can’t remember exactly what they had but Moretti, Beavertown plus some more Heineken lines. They had Tiny Rebel in cans which I do like but vastly overpriced and looked more for display than ready for sale. 

Advert:

6 hours ago, geosname said:

We can hope mate.

Government are a shambles but the alternative is worse, that’s the problem. If only we had a strong opposition party that was any good. Be great if we could just wipe out The Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems and start all over again.

• Like 1

Government are a shambles but the alternative is worse, that’s the problem. If only we had a strong opposition party that was any good. Be great if we could just wipe out The Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems and start all over again.
Until the people decide we do not know the alternative, the current government is the problem.

30 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
42 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Until the people decide we do not know the alternative, the current government is the problem.

True until we have an election but the problem we then have is to decide between a crock of <ovf censored> or another crock of <ovf censored> so once again we end of with a crock of <ovf censored>. Labour have not been fit for purpose for years and that’s the problem- we have no alternative as they are the only party who can challenge the Conservatives.

Advert:

14 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

True until we have an election but the problem we then have is to decide between a crock of <ovf censored> or another crock of <ovf censored> so once again we end of with a crock of <ovf censored>. Labour have not been fit for purpose for years and that’s the problem- we have no alternative as they are the only party who can challenge the Conservatives.

Not true, The Tory Govt can change direction. But the main topic of this thread is Brexit. May realized that a physical border in Ireland was not acceptable, but Frost and Johnson blundered on with their version of Brexit. Then they tried to change an International treaty before the ink was dry. Frost has got nowhere apart from a padded seat in the Lords, and has packed his bags. What is Johnson going to do now?