Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Just now, Doha said:

In what universe does losing nearly 400 million quid a day, and economic experts in the treasury of this government confirming it's a permanent net loss ("The Office for Budget Responsibility thinks the UK economy will be 4% smaller in the long run as a result of leaving the EU"), look good for the future?

They lied to you mate. 

Why would they lie? 
The office THINKS the uk economy will be smaller 

That’s it then 

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

Why would they lie? 
The office THINKS the uk economy will be smaller 

That’s it then 

Why would king Boris and co lie? Really?

I think I'll go with the economists who literally work for the treasury.

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why would king Boris and co lie? Really?

I think I'll go with the economists who literally work for the treasury.

I followed farage on brexit not boris yes I voted for boris after the vote was done as he said he would see it through which obviously he ain’t so I can’t see myself voting for him again 

5 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I followed farage on brexit not boris yes I voted for boris after the vote was done as he said he would see it through which obviously he ain’t so I can’t see myself voting for him again 

I'm not arguing with you mate, I don't want to, I'm literally just quoting a government office publishing their analysis that Johnson's so called oven ready deal is in fact a colossal disaster costing us an absolute fortune. The daily cost quoted alone is greater than the yearly GDP of about 8 countries depending on source.

I wouldn't trust a single one of them. Johnson is a wrecking ball for this country. That's where I'm at.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2

Just now, Doha said:

I'm not arguing with you mate, I don't want to, I'm literally just quoting a government office publishing their analysis that Johnson's so called oven ready deal is in fact a colossal disaster costing us an absolute fortune. The daily cost quoted alone is greater than the yearly GDP of about 8 countries depending on source. I wouldn't trust a single one of them. Johnson is a wrecking ball for this country. That's where I'm at.

After this last week or so I’m with u on boris 

But what we going do once he is forced out as one of his side kicks will take over the Conservative party will still have control we need a fresh new party 

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

After this last week or so I’m with u on boris 

But what we going do once he is forced out as one of his side kicks will take over the Conservative party will still have control we need a fresh new party 

Labour up 9 points. North Shrops byelection on Thursday will be interesting! It's been Tory since the 1830s. Which makes it all the funnier that the tory candidate reckons if constituents want the potholes filling they should vote conservative. Like they have for the past 189 years non stop. 

3 hours ago, Properman said:

Illegal immigrants, more comming in now than ever. We make it so easy, they leave  everywhere in the world to get the freebies in Brittain.

How do you know they are illegal? Also pretty sure other countries have more "asylum seekers than us". What freebies are on offer? If there are so many freebies how come we are a country with bad inequality and a big divide between the many poor and few big rich elite cats? You're targeting the wrong people I'm afraid.

37 minutes ago, ginge said:

How do you know they are illegal? Also pretty sure other countries have more "asylum seekers than us". What freebies are on offer? If there are so many freebies how come we are a country with bad inequality and a big divide between the many poor and few big rich elite cats? You're targeting the wrong people I'm afraid.

There illegals coming in on dingies by the 1000s 

Free hotels free food free iPhones and free cash 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doha said:

In what universe does losing nearly 400 million quid a day, and economic experts in the treasury of this government confirming it's a permanent net loss ("The Office for Budget Responsibility thinks the UK economy will be 4% smaller in the long run as a result of leaving the EU"), look good for the future?

They lied to you mate. 

Some Government officials also thought unemployment would greatly increase, interest rates would rise, multi international companies would quit the UK, house prices would crash, etc etc.

Yes, they did lie mate.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Nothing illegal about applying for asylum, which the majority of the dingy travellers  qualify for.

There was a very interesting item on Euronews last week that showed hundreds of asylum seekers in EU country member Belgium being denied just about everything - shelter, food and of course asylum.

It pointed out that was why they then decided to cross the Channel where they are fed, given shelter and money.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

There was a very interesting item on Euronews last week that showed hundreds of asylum seekers in EU country member Belgium being denied just about everything - shelter, food and of course asylum.

It pointed out that was why they then decided to cross the Channel where they are fed, given shelter and money.

Amazing what you can do when you're part of the EU but you can't do it when you have your own sovereignty.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Properman said:

I did vote for Brexit, on the grounds we were told it would stop rif raf getting into our country, it has'nt. Loads has gone wrong, but dont get me going about poor farmers, him on that tractor in Swindon has more wealth under his arse than 90% of people in Stoke on Trent. I also have to say when we went in the common market did'nt everyone say what a bad thing? We did alright before I am sure a few years down the line we will hopefully be ok.

I suggest you watch Clarkson's Farm on amazon if you think farmers are raking it in