Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Farmers not happy. I'm sure this protest would be viewed as project fear by the usual reality deniers and somehow Labour would be to blame. Oh well. At least these farmers will have sovereignty to put on the table when their families are hungry. 

I did vote for Brexit, on the grounds we were told it would stop rif raf getting into our country, it has'nt. Loads has gone wrong, but dont get me going about poor farmers, him on that tractor in Swindon has more wealth under his arse than 90% of people in Stoke on Trent. I also have to say when we went in the common market did'nt everyone say what a bad thing? We did alright before I am sure a few years down the line we will hopefully be ok.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Properman said:

I did vote for Brexit, on the grounds we were told it would stop rif raf getting into our country, it has'nt. Loads has gone wrong, but dont get me going about poor farmers, him on that tractor in Swindon has more wealth under his arse than 90% of people in Stoke on Trent. I also have to say when we went in the common market did'nt everyone say what a bad thing? We did alright before I am sure a few years down the line we will hopefully be ok.

👏 

they won’t have it on here be careful aswell they like to report people who don’t comply 

39 minutes ago, Properman said:

Who are rif raf? I don't remember anyone promising that so could you please remind me as to what you're on about? 

You were conned, the EU was not the cause of your concern but Britain's lack of ID system and admin. Leaving a massive common market on our doorstep was not a good idea either.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ginge said:

Who are rif raf? I don't remember anyone promising that so could you please remind me as to what you're on about? 

Illegal immigrants, more comming in now than ever. We make it so easy, they leave  everywhere in the world to get the freebies in Brittain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Properman said:

Illegal immigrants, more comming in now than ever. We make it so easy, they leave  everywhere in the world to get the freebies in Brittain.

People have a right to seek asylum,  there are no freebies beyond human compassion. What is a disgrace is the lack of a safe system and making out that they are criminals, non-refugees are a different matter.

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

People have a right to seek asylum,  there are no freebies beyond human compassion. What is a disgrace is the lack of a safe system and making out that they are criminals, non-refugees are a different matter.

What? is seeking asylum paying 1000s to a criminal gang to try and sneak into Britain 
How do u know they are refugees? 
One of them has just been released from a prison in France 

I give up 

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

What? is seeking asylum paying 1000s to a criminal gang to try and sneak into Britain 
How do u know they are refugees? 
One of them has just been released from a prison in France 

I give up 

Criminals are only making a living due to the lack of a safe system.  The Asylum system  decides whether or not they are eligible. What were they in prison for?

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Criminals are only making a living due to the lack of a safe system.  The Asylum system  decides whether or not they are eligible. What were they in prison for?

Do u not know there throwing there papers away before they get here so the asylum system can’t do anything 

Don’t know he never said when he went running into the dingy shouting freedom 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Doha said:

I read it yeah bit of a hit 15% 

It also says that they think once this red tape is removed and brexit is finished that they expect it to be around 4% which in fairness could go either way 

Edited by Packmoor_vale

8 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

which in fairness could go either way 

The article says 4% net loss. Full stop. Not possible gain. 

Springford says his model suggests a “permanent gap” in goods trade has opened up.

The CER’s analysis attempts to isolate the impact of Brexit on our trade in goods, not on the economy as a whole.

It is an estimate but it’s broadly in line with the impact on trade that the government’s own forecaster assumes Brexit is causing.

The Office for Budget Responsibility thinks the UK economy will be 4% smaller in the long run as a result of leaving the EU. 

The new trade rules with the EU are causing headaches for food and drink producers in particular. 

4% of our 2021 3.12 trillion GDP is the best part of 125 billion.

10.4 billion a month.

2.6 billion a week.

372 million a day.

15.5 million an hour.

260,000 a second.

Oven ready!

Edited by Doha

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

The article says 4% net loss. Full stop. Not possible gain. 

4% of our 2021 3.12 trillion GDP is the best part of 125 billion.

10.4 billion a month.

2.6 billion a week.

372 million a day.

15.5 million an hour.

260,000 a second.

Oven ready!

Oven ready? Keep your smarmy comments to yourself 👍 

So in the first real year we are 4% down?? 
let’s be honest that looks good for the future once we get past covid and all this red tape 

Oven ready? Keep your smarmy comments to yourself  
let’s be honest that looks good for the future once we get past covid and all this red tape 
The red tape does not start until Jan 22, the point of a common market is the avoidance of red tape.

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Oven ready? Keep your smarmy comments to yourself 👍 

In what universe does losing nearly 400 million quid a day, and economic experts in the treasury of this government confirming it's a permanent net loss ("The Office for Budget Responsibility thinks the UK economy will be 4% smaller in the long run as a result of leaving the EU"), look good for the future?

They lied to you mate.