Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

On 03/11/2021 at 16:21, Fosse69 said:

Surely the Most Corrupt  Excuse for a Government in living history.

Surely New Labour is still within living history?

Lobbygate, Ch4s Dispatches programme, Richard Caborn, Geoffrey Hoon, Byers, Hewitt and so on.

Hopefully one day it will stop, no matter what party is in power, but I very much doubt it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

The Weimar republic had one. That worked out well.

I don't think it was the existence of a constitution that led to the Weimar's downfall, more the stuff in it/material conditions of the 1930s. 

Quite telling those that have not commented on current corruption but only comparing to previous corruption and those who like the posts. Literally won't say a bad word about this government. Hypocrites to a man. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

Quite telling those that have not commented on current corruption but only comparing to previous corruption and those who like the posts. Literally won't say a bad word about this government. Hypocrites to a man. 

You're trying to hard mate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Interested in how our local MPs voted, does anyone know ? 

I have always voted Labour until the last election,  beginning to think that the lot of em are corrupt, 

A career politician used to be a rarity,  now its the Norm 

This has nowt to do with labour this is 100%the Conservative party acting on orders from Boris 

17 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Interested in how our local MPs voted, does anyone know ? 

I have always voted Labour until the last election,  beginning to think that the lot of em are corrupt, 

A career politician used to be a rarity,  now its the Norm 

The Tory, Newcastle Under Lyme MP (Aaron Bell) voted against.

Brereton and Gideon were For. Gullis abstained, possibly due to the pairing system.

Bill Cash For, Bradley abstained.

Edited by Joe B

Just now, Coyney Valiant said:

This has nowt to do with labour this is 100%the Conservative party acting on orders from Boris 

Don't disagree with what you're saying,  but Labour imo appear a spent force and no threat at  present , therefore it is down to his own MPs to rein him in

Which I'd why I was asking how our local MPs voted

I get the feeling that they are followers of BJ, and scared to vote against the Government 

Taking away Independent scrutiny of MPs is very important to the current apology for a government, especially Bunter. Paterson's part-time £100k tip of the iceberg in the Covid contract bonanza. How anyone can think melting icebergs is a good thing when hosting a global warming conference beats me.