Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

On 18/10/2021 at 10:10, WV said:

One pump had fuel in. Its my local garage.  Ive never seen one pump out of action before let alone just one pump in action. Nothing to see here, all is normal.. 🙈

The fuel tanks feed multiple pumps. If all grades are out on a pump there is a far higher chance that there is an issue with the pump rather than a fuel shortage. Usually when there is a fuel shortage you will see multiple pumps without a certain grade.

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

Will Poland be next to leave after challenging EU law?

Very unlikely. If put to a referendum they would vote to remain. There are many countries that would vote to leave but Poland ain’t one of them. 

On 19/10/2021 at 16:21, For Us All said:

Not suprising really when The London Economic was supportive of Corbyn and took a pro-Remain standpoint in the Referendum!!

The poll was done by the Mail on Sunday; London Economic is just reporting the poll which appear in the MoS paper. No relevance.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, geosname said:

It seems there are shortages in China,  Africa, South and North America and a few other places......

Brexit seems to have a lot to answer for.

Such a naive response. You make it sound very black and white, which of course we all know it isn't. Being disingenuous is no good to either side of the debate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WV said:

Such a naive response. You make it sound very black and white, which of course we all know it isn't. Being disingenuous is no good to either side of the debate. 

Just  little dry humour to counteract all the slapstick being lavished.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Just  little dry humour to counteract all the slapstick being lavished.

Its an amazing thing that after experts and world leaders have told us brexit is to blame that average Joe thinks he knows more about economics than the experts and has dismissed any experts that don't agree with his world view. Has this always happened? I guess so down the pubs or on site but I guess the difference is you could always avoid the ill informed and idiots in the pub but very difficult to not have an idiots view thrust in your face when online. 

2 minutes ago, WV said:

Its an amazing thing that after experts and world leaders have told us brexit is to blame that average Joe thinks he knows more about economics than the experts and has dismissed any experts that don't agree with his world view. Has this always happened? I guess so down the pubs or on site but I guess the difference is you could always avoid the ill informed and idiots in the pub but very difficult to not have an idiots view thrust in your face when online. 

Who is thrusting? 

I care little about the cause more about the effect.

Are these the same experts who told us the world would end if the UK didn't join the Euro? 

If people spent their energy finding solutions instead of finding someone to blame most of the problems would probably be solved now.

Whether brexit is to blame or not won't solve the problems. It seems we have to have a 3 year public enquiry to find who is to blame before we can think about sorting out the effect for everything. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Which world leaders? Those who possibly have a vested interest in us being members of the EU.

There is always a conspiracy with you lot. Its laughable. 

You could Google it and find it. One who isn't even in the EU

Just like coronavirus, British medical association chairman saying its time for masks and restrictions but you still have plenty on here saying masks don't do anything, numbers are fake etc.. "We have had enough of experts" comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

Just like coronavirus, British medical association chairman saying its time for masks and restrictions but you still have plenty on here saying masks don't do anything, numbers are fake etc.. "We have had enough of experts" comes to mind. 

Googled it and can’t find any!

Conspirancy? No, just looking for evidence unlike a lot that you have spouted out.

I am fully for wearing masks and do so myself whenever in a public place inside and supported that we should be wearing masks well before the hopeless WHO admitted they were wrong saying there was no evidence that wearing a mask reduced risk. 

On 20/10/2021 at 16:50, ginge said:

Take back control! Make our own laws! Oh wait ... we're pumping <ovf censored>  into our rivers. Is this the brexit you voted for? 

Quite literally no. No one voted for or against brexit based on river pollution. 

Again you seem to be conflating Government issues with brexit issues. If we elect a party at the next general election based on a  promise to force water companies to cut sewage discharges, would that be a success of brexit in your mind?

This kind of stuff is particularly delusional in my opinion.

17 hours ago, WV said:

They're experts if you agree with them and conspiracy theorists if you don't.

You are picking who and what to believe the same as anyone else. You don't have a monopoly on science or facts and the fact that you seem to think you do, should be a red flag for anyone who is undecided. 

I can find you many studies that say masks have no significant impact on covid. I can also find you studies that say masks are potentially bad for your health and I don't think anyone can deny that they're bad for the environment. So which experts should we trust? And how are you in a position to say that those who trust experts with opposing views, are conspiracy theorists?

I know we're off topic sorry but that post is seriously disingenuous. 

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Quite literally no. No one voted for or against brexit based on river pollution. 

Again you seem to be conflating Government issues with brexit issues. If we elect a party at the next general election based on a  promise to force water companies to cut sewage discharges, would that be a success of brexit in your mind?

This kind of stuff is particularly delusional in my opinion.

It is to do with brexit because we don't have to follow the high standards of EU laws anymore. Thank goodness for sovereignty we don't have to follow standards and can pump <ovf censored> into the rivers! 

Is brexit just about deregulation?

Edited by ginge

4 hours ago, ginge said:

It is to do with brexit because we don't have to follow the high standards of EU laws anymore. Thank goodness for sovereignty we don't have to follow standards and can pump <ovf censored> into the rivers! 

Is brexit just about deregulation?

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO laughable that anyone dares to accuse brexit voters of not knowing what they voted for when you have remainers with no idea whatsoever, 5 years on, what the vote was for.

Why do you think corbyn was a euro sceptic? Do you think he held that position for decades because he supported deregulation?

i'll ask the question again, if we vote for a party next election who promise to heavily regulate against river pollution, will you class that as a win for brexit?